Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 1240
    I think you're going to find them much more versatile than you think.

Protests will be much more fun than your typical 115 waisted in ski in untracked snow that isn't pow. When everyone gives up on the South facing stuff you'll still be out there hooting. I had a day at Keystone last winter when I did exactly this. I met up with a buddy who skis there and we made some nice pow turns in the morning. He called it a day when everything was either skied out or turning to mush. I went and got my Protests (with tech bindings) from the car and spent a couple more hours skiing untracked heavy snow on a part of the mountain that I had to myself. Keystone isn't great, but this is one of the ways to make it pretty damn fun.

And they can make crusts ski a lot like pow. With all the float underfoot the tails release much more easily than a 5-point 115 waisted ski. Note the shattered chunks that are in and have slid down below my tracks, yet my turns are round and easy:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cc.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	322.0 KB 
ID:	388671

Or at a place like Wolf Creek where pockets of low angle pow in the tree can last a long time: Protests are just faster and more fun than a skinner "versatile" pow ski. They let you carry speed over little flat and uphill sections when you're milking the mountain for every last fresh turn.

And Protests are as fun as anything in soft chop.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    Those are the kinda days that make me regret not yet owning a WooTest.
    Feel like I haven't seen much (anything?) from kid woo.. anyone know him? He ok?

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    Feel like I haven't seen much (anything?) from kid woo.. anyone know him? He ok?
    He’s alive.
    Snowmobiling is not a crime.

Praxis Protest..just how cool is it?

Those are the kinda days that make me regret not yet owning a WooTest.
    they’re too short at 179 but I have a nice custom pair in wood veneer, 3 flex, drilled once for ATK 145s and I have a pair of those as well (the red BD ones; the gold ones pictured are on my 180 Solis which I will be buried with). they didn’t manage firm well enough for me to be all that comfortable on them. stupid fun in soft stuff though.

if you’re interested, I’d let the skis or the kit go super cheap. I skied them ~30 days or so? they’re in 9/10 shape, no core shots. just squirrelly on packed down hiking trail exits / unexpected firm in couloirs, and I love the Solis too much to want to ski anything else anymore. I can’t remember the exact weight but pretty light, in the 1600g range iirc (I can weigh them if anyone cares)

Name:	IMG_2126_Original.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	388687

Name:	IMG_1451_Original.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	778.3 KB 
ID:	388688

I can dig up more pics or whatever if anyone’s keen. very cheap for established mags ($200 skis / 350 for the kit?)

Thank god those are too short for me cause that's a killer offer. Someone want to offer the same thing in a 186-190...LMK .

Thank god those are too short for me cause that's a killer offer. Someone want to offer the same thing in a 186-190...LMK .
    Agreed!

Praxis Protest..just how cool is it?

yeah they ski short too with all that rocker. 189 (or 188, whatever the next size up is) would be the sweet spot for me, and I ski shorter skis on average. but for a shorter person it’s a great quiver pow ski…

Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    they’re too short at 179 but I have a nice custom pair in wood veneer, 3 flex, drilled once for ATK 145s and I have a pair of those as well (the red BD ones; the gold ones pictured are on my 180 Solis which I will be buried with). they didn’t manage firm well enough for me to be all that comfortable on them. stupid fun in soft stuff though.

if you’re interested, I’d let the skis or the kit go super cheap. I skied them ~30 days or so? they’re in 9/10 shape, no core shots. just squirrelly on packed down hiking trail exits / unexpected firm in couloirs, and I love the Solis too much to want to ski anything else anymore. I can’t remember the exact weight but pretty light, in the 1600g range iirc (I can weigh them if anyone cares)

I can dig up more pics or whatever if anyone’s keen. very cheap for established mags ($200 skis / 350 for the kit?)
    Sending PM...

What BSL are they mounted for? Very interested!

Likely going to pick up mallwalker's wootests as my new touring rig.

Have been skiing a pair of 184 Steeple 102s that I like the shape of, but I have decided are too long and heavy for my touring needs.

Am I right in thinking that the wootests will keep a lot of what I like in that shape, in a shorter/lighter package? My main concerns are no hookiness in weird snow, and easy slarves/pivots. I just want to be able to deal with weird BC snow.

Not overly concerned with hard snow performance. Even when I tour in the spring, I generally run into more hot pow and schmoo than I do true hard snow in the BC... so I think these woo's could fit the bill.

I wonder how my daughter would do on these? She's 5'6" 120 and her current quiver is 172 105 HP, 168 Yvette 112 and 166 Sheeva. She rips.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    I wonder how my daughter would do on these? She's 5'6" 120 and her current quiver is 172 105 HP, 168 Yvette 112 and 166 Sheeva. She rips.
    If she likes the 105 HP, look for the BMX 115. A much better all ski. I sold my Protests because I almost always grabbed my BMX 115s instead. I should of grabbed my BMX 115s for Japan instead of my Protests.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

mallwalker & snowaddict.

I have a pair of stock 187s that have only been skied three days. I found them too long for my short stature. BSL is 301. They've got Griffons mounted. LMK if interested

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    Agreed!

Quote Originally Posted by Gate11 View Post
    mallwalker & snowaddict.

I have a pair of stock 187s that have only been skied three days. I found them too long for my short stature. BSL is 301. They've got Griffons mounted. LMK if interested
    Protest or wootest?

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    Protest or wootest?
    Protests

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...RhOXM0NXJDb2tR

Quote Originally Posted by CovertM View Post
    What BSL are they mounted for? Very interested!
    mounted at 297 and now set for 302 (Helio 180s with the adjustment plate)

Quote Originally Posted by Gate11 View Post
    Thanks, I've already got a pair of 187s.

those look great Gate11. will you plan to replace with a 177, or are you trying something else?

Quote Originally Posted by N1CK. View Post
    those look great Gate11. will you plan to replace with a 177, or are you trying something else?
    I had a long email thread with Keith about it, and replaced them with 182 Qs...Hopefully inaugurating them in Revelstoke in 6 weeks!

I live in Hawaii (which yes, has plenty of upside) -- we have zero ski shops. As a result, I end up buying on faith & research, which has worked roughly 50% of the time. I love love love my Praxis Backcountry skis (after lightly detuning tips and tails). However, even on a Cat Ski day, the Protests never clicked with me and I'm pretty sure it was length and weight.
    Last edited by Gate11; 10-15-2021 at 11:04 PM.

mounted at 297 and now set for 302 (Helio 180s with the adjustment plate)
    Just saw this...Are they still available?

Thanks!

sorry - lord thomas got the woos for mrs thomas

Looking for a new pow ski for Tahoe area. Since pow days get sunbaked all too quickly, it sounds like this could be a good option to enjoy less than ideal conditions for resort or backcountry. I'm considering for a resort/sled ski. 5'11" 200lb. Currently on 190 Bibby. Would 187 be adequate or would I regret not bumping to 192? Thinking 187 to shave some weight for the uphill.

Quote Originally Posted by KM14 View Post
    Looking for a new pow ski for Tahoe area. Since pow days get sunbaked all too quickly, it sounds like this could be a good option to enjoy less than ideal conditions for resort or backcountry. I'm considering for a resort/sled ski. 5'11" 200lb. Currently on 190 Bibby. Would 187 be adequate or would I regret not bumping to 192? Thinking 187 to shave some weight for the uphill.
    Almost same specs as you and own both 188 and 192’s. You will be fine on either one, go 4 flex tho.

Quote Originally Posted by KM14 View Post
    As someone who skis the 184 bibby / 187 Protest -- I think anyone who prefers the 190 Bibby will be better served by the 192 protest.

Shave weight on your binders.