Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 1240
    Quote Originally Posted by whyturn View Post
    Consider that 4 flex my be issue? I have 26.5 and 192 at -1.5 but enduro three flex. Snow was funky in spots yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Nope. 4 flex is the shit.

^ I concur.

4-flex is the shiz.

::::@::::

Another 192 flex 4 owner here…mounted on the line for a 26.5…..the ski turns it up to 11

Looking for a 192 Protest in Flex 4 if anyone is looking to get rid of a pair...

Praxis Protest..just how cool is it?

Alright so I’m probably overthinking it, but I love this ski so much I don’t wanna fuck it up.

Anyone with experience going from demo bindings to alpine (gw/mnc) on the same protest? Got new GW boots and thus need new bindings. I had demos on my protests like many others as I played with the mount point over a couple seasons. Ideally I’d like to get away from the demos with the additional stack height and inherent slight play in the interface. But I’m a lil worried to give up the adjustability given I’ll be riding it with a new boot and different binding (stack, ramp angle, etc).
    Stay with demos or STFU and mount alpine binders with the new boot at the same mount point I dialed in with the old boots?

You haven't figured out a mount that you like yet?
    TLDR; Ski faster. Quit breathing. Don't crash.

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalNomad View Post
    You haven't figured out a mount that you like yet?
    No I have but it's the mount I like with my old boots and the old demo bindings. I'm wondering if a switch to new boots and bindings may be different enough (boot lean, binding stack, binding ramp angle???) that it would require a shift in my preferred mount point

Shut the fuck up and mount them…..

What alpine binder? What’s the lean of old vs new boots? More than likely you won’t notice a difference unless a big fwd lean difference.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Shut the fuck up and mount them…..
    What alpine binder? What’s the lean of old vs new boots? More than likely you won’t notice a difference unless a big fwd lean difference.
    fuck there went 45 min of googling with very inconclusive results but I think they are probably close enough...
    boot: RX 130 (12 degree forward lean w/o spoiler, 16 degree forward lean w/ spoiler) to Roxa R3 (15 or 16 deg)
    binding: griffon demo to STH2 WTR

Quote Originally Posted by AndreasM View Post
    Looking for a 192 Protest in Flex 4 if anyone is looking to get rid of a pair...
    Where are you located?

Quote Originally Posted by TripleT View Post
    fuck there went 45 min of googling with very inconclusive results but I think they are probably close enough...
    boot: RX 130 (12 degree forward lean w/o spoiler, 16 degree forward lean w/ spoiler) to Roxa R3 (15 or 16 deg)
    binding: griffon demo to STH2 WTR
    3-4 deg lean difference is noticeable. That’s a tough one. Maybe come back 2-3mm from your favorite mount point. Where do you like them now?

Bought some gorgeous veneer 3-flex Enduro 187s recently. After reading through this thread I couldn't help but wonder should I have custom ordered 4-flex... So found a nice pair of veneer 4-flex MAP Carbon on gear swap and now own two 187's. However, hand flexing both the 3 and 4, I am having a very hard time distinguishing any difference in stiffness and my 3-flex actually weigh about 40g more per ski. Now I am wondering which to mount and ski? Is hand flexing at all reliable or will I only notice the difference between the two by getting them on snow and I should just trust it and go with the 4's....?

Interesting, my stock and custom 4 flex 192’s hand flex a noticeable bit stiffer. They ski a lot stiffer.
    Mount and ski both for. Ya know, science..

Alright so I’m probably overthinking it, but I love this ski so much I don’t wanna fuck it up.

Anyone with experience going from demo bindings to alpine (gw/mnc) on the same protest? Got new GW boots and thus need new bindings. I had demos on my protests like many others as I played with the mount point over a couple seasons. Ideally I’d like to get away from the demos with the additional stack height and inherent slight play in the interface. But I’m a lil worried to give up the adjustability given I’ll be riding it with a new boot and different binding (stack, ramp angle, etc).
    Stay with demos or STFU and mount alpine binders with the new boot at the same mount point I dialed in with the old boots?
    My experience (chronologically) was opposite of what you’re contemplating. I skied pivots on the line and then tried some demos to play around with the mount location. What I learned was that the big demo tracks (newer model Marker demos) stiffened up the center and took a lot of the liveliness out of the ski, regardless of where the mount was. It kind of turned me off of using demo bindings, and now I mostly just throw pivots on everything and don’t worry about it as much.

I’d say don’t overthink (unless it brings you joy). Just throw them regular bindings on there and enjoy the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by lucknau View Post
    My experience (chronologically) was opposite of what you’re contemplating. I skied pivots on the line and then tried some demos to play around with the mount location. What I learned was that the big demo tracks (newer model Marker demos) stiffened up the center and took a lot of the liveliness out of the ski, regardless of where the mount was. It kind of turned me off of using demo bindings, and now I mostly just throw pivots on everything and don’t worry about it as much.

I’d say don’t overthink (unless it brings you joy). Just throw them regular bindings on there and enjoy the ride.

Still more concerned about the lean difference than the demo vs pivot. I notice a mere 2deg change in boot cuff. 3-4 is pretty drastic. Esp on a ski like the protest.

Quote Originally Posted by kevino View Post
    Anyone find the touring equivalent of the protest? Similar shape, a little less weight, etc I always enjoy ski touring on mine but it’s hands down my heaviest set up. Just curious to hear people’s experience with similar style ski. I ski my wife’s BMT122 and gives me a similar feel
    bumping this. As I snarked (sorry) upthread, the wootest was made for it but doesn't feel the same....

Thought I’d post in here first before opening it up to GS. 2 year old Protest UL 187cm up for grabs. Flex 3, single mount at recommended for BD Helio 200/ATK Haute Routes for a 315 bsl. Selling flat. Pretty mint, couple small chips on topsheet. Selling flat.

Giving Marshal’s C132 a try and I can’t rationalize having 2 fat skis. $500?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6C9CC548-9804-48D3-97BE-3CFA67FE9BDE.jpeg 
Views:	35 
Size:	120.2 KB 
ID:	441885Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4E553953-27F0-4BD1-8006-B6CF0185F8DD.jpeg 
Views:	40 
Size:	219.3 KB 
ID:	441886Click image for larger version. 

Name:	97BC13CF-04B0-4D53-94D3-F45DDFA58937.jpeg 
Views:	39 
Size:	306.8 KB 
ID:	441887Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E25EB92A-8B64-427D-A471-26226AC5BB25.jpeg 
Views:	35 
Size:	353.4 KB 
ID:	441888
    Last edited by GoSlowGoFar; 01-09-2023 at 01:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlowGoFar View Post
    Thought I’d post in here first before opening it up to GS. 2 year old Protest UL 187cm up for grabs. Flex 3, single mount at recommended for BD Helio 200/ATK Haute Routes for a 315 bsl. Selling flat. Pretty mint, couple small chips on topsheet. Selling flat.

Giving Marshal’s C132 a try and I can’t rationalize having 2 fat skis. $500?
    Gonna sit on ‘em at that price man. Think more like $350 maybe $4bills.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Gonna sit on ‘em at that price man. Think more like $350 maybe $4bills.

$400 works, not trying to make money off it, just recoup some costs for the new pair.

$400 works, not trying to make money off it, just recoup some costs for the new pair.
    For 400 someone should grab them. That'd be an amazing addition for someone with a touring quiver. If they were 177's id jump on them. If youre considering such a thing i'd recommend mounting them at -1.5 b4 you sell them. I went from -1.5 on my 177's to recommended on my newer 187 and the tip dive thru me off. Back to -1.5 on those and i could ski as fast i wanted relaxed and still had plenty of tail to finish a turn. Thats one ski i miss the most

Sent from my SM-A536W using TGR Forums mobile app

I hear ya man. Glws and the new c132’s!

What’s the weight per ski?

What’s the weight per ski?
    ~1920g/ski

~1920g/ski
    Is the heel on the r01 track or straight to ski?

Quote Originally Posted by Westcoaster View Post
    Is the heel on the r01 track or straight to ski?
    It’s on the track.