Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Praxis Protest..just how cool is it?

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    Thank you maggots (and myself) for leading me through this difficult time. The first step is acceptance...

Mounted at -.75

So I remember for the future: 13/14 187 carbons weighed in at 2065 g/ski. Unknown stiffness (med+ ??).
    Def NOT going to suck
    What kind of skins you stickin on those sexy bitches?
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

BD mohair mix. Now we just need snow....

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    Why is your fourth toe so short?
    Hahaha - super highly evolved yo!

Just finished a heck of the day in the monashees with some epic treeskiing. Protests were the perfect skis. Love these skis.

Just finished my second day on my 196 Flex 4 Protest with stained glass top sheet. I picked them up used after reading this thread and a fellow mag telling me that 196cm wasn't too long. They are replacing my 2012 Bent Chetlers which are my favorite ski ever.

As everyone on says, they are pretty spectacular. I wasn't sold on the first day. They seemed too long and didn't seem to float or be as "fun" as the Bent Chetler. Tonight was a different story. It was stormy night skiing with free refills. The Protest was pivoting on a dime when needed in the trees. It was floating through the fresh and destroying the cut up. It provided solid landing, but definitely not as much energy as the Bent Chetler. I could make pretty much any turn shape I wanted and was still able to pick a good line through the bumps. I'm sold.

I may still want to move to a 192cm version when the sale happens this year, but I have a feeling the Protest will stay part of the quiver for a long time.

They were def in their element last night. Nice!

Confirm my thoughts....

I have an offer on a pair of minty Protests w/ Schizo 14s for $150. I have the 184 Bibby which I like for tighter spaces but is a tiny bit too small. 187 protests are a no brainer right?

For $150? You can ski them and if you decide you hate them you'll be able to sell them for double. Yes that's a no brainer.

no brainer!

I think you should pass on that deal- no good. I'll help the poor chap out and take those skis off his hands though if you point me in the right direction

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    For $150? You can ski them and if you decide you hate them you'll be able to sell them for double. Yes that's a no brainer.
    Not anymore -- since I disclosed the price on TGR. I believe you are sentenced to a life of breakable crust if I double my price.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    Not anymore -- since I disclosed the price on TGR. I believe you are sentenced to a life of breakable crust if I double my price.
    I meant to some schmuck on craigslist

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    I meant to some schmuck on craigslist
    I think there is a similar curse if you sell Praxis on CL before offering up here.

Paid for and to be picked up this weekend.

That's a fucking steal! Your bibbys won't see much time now.

Skins for Protests, 130mm or go full coverage (150mm?)

I use G3 140mm skins on mine. The BD tip loop won't work, tips of Protests are too blunted. Once the shitty G3 glue dies I'll probably cut the tips off and attach them to a BD skin.

I just finished 3 days at Baldface with Adrenalated’s old 187 Protests. They were everything and more that the forums described. You can let them fly and then shut them down with a quick flick of the ankles. In Trees they blew my mind. Super easy to pivot . No effort to ski. I mounted them with Attack 13 demo bindings. I started at -1 cm but found I liked them on the dot. Super happy with the purchase. Here a couple of photos.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Stoke!

Excited for mine to get here.

Current plan is to dial mount point preference this year with Schizos. Yank them over the summer, buy some Shifts in the fall, and then take them to Japan with a set of sollyfitted Lhasas for when it's not silly deep.

For those of you who have owned multiple versions, what are some of the differences/changes between the old Protest and current model?
    I own an old 188 and it's so dialed. I'm wondering how the current ski compares.

Quote Originally Posted by nickbokhoven View Post
    I just finished 3 days at Baldface with Adrenalated’s old 187 Protests.
    Fk yeah! Super happy to hear you're stoked and those skis are getting some love!

FWIW I am equally stoked on the 187 veneer MAP-C Protests I bought as a replacement. Mounted with G3 Ions at -1cm and they are crushing.

There's a lot of discussion about mount point in this thread. Has it made or broken the ski for that many people? Have a pair of 192s(enduro/#4/carbon/veneer) showing up soon, trying to decide between throwing a demo binding on them to dial the mount, and just mounting with pivots/sth2s.

Thanks for the recent stoke, has me (even more) excited to take these out!

I’d venture to say some have really preferred slightly back from dimple while others happy as a clam on the mark.

Honestly -1 is very safe bet because I don’t think I’ve ever read someone who was slightly back complain and or remount fwd.

Skied my OG 188's this morning at Mt Rose in a foot of light/medium density pow... and later windbuff. So fricking fun, predictable and intuitive. The craziest thing is how well I can also drive the tips and carve them on the groomer run outs. You will have to pry these out of my cold dead hands.

To answer you question I did ski one of the more recent versions and it did not feel as damp and smooth as the OG. But I was also skiing them with Salomon Guardians as opposed to STH's, which probably ruins any ski you put them on... Bottom line, I did not like the current version as much. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

^^ that might have to do with the layup. I found the older Praxis cores to be more damp than the current standard core (enduro). I think they were full poplar? The current cores are lighter though, and I would bet the Heavy core would be closer to the original cores.

Praxis Protest..just how cool is it?

Rocked my 188's at Schweitzer today in mid thigh conditions and as always they fucking ruled.
    Also curious about the newer version as I'm debating about doing a custom 192.

^^^ older cores were maple and ash I believe. Definitely similar to “heavy core.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk