Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 1240
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2329.JPG 
Views:	111 
Size:	150.5 KB 
ID:	449663

Been on these a lot lately. Praise Ullr!

So much rule. Praise be!

Name:	Image1677624312.273345.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	279.0 KB 
ID:	449683

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

So who has been on the new Protest with the new rocker tweaks? How do they ski compared to the gen in my photo?

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    So much rule. Praise be!

Name:	Image1677624312.273345.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	279.0 KB 
ID:	449683

Funky,

Would you mind giving me some insight on how the Protest versus Kusala ski?
    I've got both as well; love the Kusalas but have yet to ski the Protests.
    I think you're on flex 4 Protests while mine are flex 3 (with MAA core).
    But I'm a quite a bit lighter at ~150#.

If anyone else has been on both I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts as well.

Quote Originally Posted by pfluffenmeister View Post
    Funky,

Would you mind giving me some insight on how the Protest versus Kusala ski?
    I've got both as well; love the Kusalas but have yet to ski the Protests.
    I think you're on flex 4 Protests while mine are flex 3 (with MAA core).
    But I'm a quite a bit lighter at ~150#.

If anyone else has been on both I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts as well.
    Sorry, just now seeing this. I only have about 5 runs on the Kusala so not a ton of time. They ski pretty different to the protest. You get more float from the shovel where as the Protest gets it closer to the boot and underfoot.
    Kusala allows a more driving style where the Protest wants a more neutral style.
    The Kusala is better on firm groomers than the Protest, duh, but they are similar on soft groomers. The Kusala allows a more aggressive stance on groomers where the protest wants to be just stood on.
    They both are really really good in pow. protest is more loose/drifty, Kusala is pretty loose but more edgy.
    For me they are both pretty mindless in pow, just barely think it and they both do it, Kusala more so. Protest wants a little more input, which I like. Both are super sick skis!!

Sorry, just now seeing this. I only have about 5 runs on the Kusala so not a ton of time. They ski pretty different to the protest. You get more float from the shovel where as the Protest gets it closer to the boot and underfoot.
    Kusala allows a more driving style where the Protest wants a more neutral style.
    The Kusala is better on firm groomers than the Protest, duh, but they are similar on soft groomers. The Kusala allows a more aggressive stance on groomers where the protest wants to be just stood on.
    They both are really really good in pow. protest is more loose/drifty, Kusala is pretty loose but more edgy.
    For me they are both pretty mindless in pow, just barely think it and they both do it, Kusala more so. Protest wants a little more input, which I like. Both are super sick skis!!

Thanks Funky, that makes good sense.
    While I have many days on the OGPMgear 186s Kusalas, I only have four days on my 189s.
    The 189s however are extremely spoiled; in those four days they've had five feet of snow.
    Definitely sick skis.

I'm excited to try out the Protests.
    They are extra special: infused with the ghost of Beetlegeuse/Avergreene + Bubinga veneer topsheets.

So who has been on the new Protest with the new rocker tweaks? How do they ski compared to the gen in my photo?

My wife has the latest iteration. 177s stock layup with veneer top sheets. I mounted her binding on the dot which is at -7. We’ve been skiing powder all week at Powder Mountain that has varied from dense to almost blower this morning. I can definitely see that her tips are riding higher than mine. I have 192s stock veneer top sheet mounted 1.5 cm back from recommended. She likes to drive her skis and usually on lower snow days will be on her M6, M102, or K108, all 170s. She feels the 177s are a perfect length for her.

Quote Originally Posted by swissbro View Post
    My wife has the latest iteration. 177s stock layup with veneer top sheets. I mounted her binding on the dot which is at -7. We’ve been skiing powder all week at Powder Mountain that has varied from dense to almost blower this morning. I can definitely see that her tips are riding higher than mine. I have 192s stock veneer top sheet mounted 1.5 cm back from recommended. She likes to drive her skis and usually on lower snow days will be on her M6, M102, or K108, all 170s. She feels the 177s are a perfect length for her.

Name:	IMG_4671.JPG 
Views:	226 
Size:	167.5 KB 
ID:	453400

Sweet! I like it. Any pics of the tail rockers?

Sent from my SM-A536W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Sweet! I like it. Any pics of the tail rockers?

Name:	IMG_4672.JPG 
Views:	274 
Size:	143.6 KB 
ID:	453403

Name:	IMG_4672.JPG 
Views:	274 
Size:	143.6 KB 
ID:	453403

Thanks. I can see the new profile fitting your feedback on them. It was an amazing ski but i think i'd really like the new one. I was happy at -1.5 on my protests and i miss them big time. On the dimple with the new one would be next level fun af, i think

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Thanks. I can see the new profile fitting your feedback on them. It was an amazing ski but i think i'd really like the new one. I was happy at -1.5 on my protests and i miss them big time. On the dimple with the new one would be next level fun af, i think

I agree. Although my current pair are working great, I’m eager to try a new pair mounted on the recommended dot. If they ski like my wife’s new pair they’ll work driving them or skiing them centered. She’s never had a better day skiing.

I skied the MF108s a lot this year when i would normally reach for protests. they are a great 1-ski quiver for soft snow.

But man, getting back on protests for a 12" pow day reminded me how much fun a true pow ski is and how much more confidence inspiring they are. Also how much more a FAT ski underfoot beats up my knees and ankles than something thinner.

I raised the issue that my Protests and Quixotes would change shape a ton, the rocker would be drastically different from the start of the day to the end. That was one of the reasons I moved on from Praxis. The Protests depending on how cold it was would go from 1-2mm of camber to completely reverse camber. The Qs if I skied them a a few days back to back would slowly have more reverse camber over time, then if I let them “rest” they would go back to having camber again.

^^ not sure i follow. Differences in above pic is from design tweaks in latest generation vs prior

Quote Originally Posted by SeatownSlackey View Post
    ^^ not sure i follow. Differences in above pic is from design tweaks in latest generation vs prior

Ok

Awesome, thanks for the feedback and pics man. That new rocker profile looks good. I like how my 192’s ski with the old profile, esp in chop. Be interesting to ski these inbounds.
    Skibird, that rocker pic has zero to do with a build issue, it’s the new rocker profile. Your incessant bitching is getting old. Take it up with Keith. I own three presses from Praxis with zero issues and know of a ton of others with Praxis builds without issue.

Skibird, that rocker pic has zero to do with a build issue, it’s the new rocker profile. Your incessant bitching is getting old. Take it up with Keith. I own three presses from Praxis with zero issues and know of a ton of others with Praxis builds without issue.
    the least he could do is share his drugs so we can transcend our frame of reference

Protest

I have 187 in stiff flex, and wood veneer top sheet. They are my powder day skis and day after. They crush anything soft and can also crank on them to carve good enough to get back to lift on groomers. Amazing how these changed deep powder skiing for me. Keith is the man. Just ordered some RX for soft snow daily drivers and for powder up to 6". I only take out the Protests when it over 6" deep. My favorite ski because I know when they are on the day is going to be good.
    FNG here too. Been lurking for over 15 years. Finally pulled the trigger on joining this shit show rodeo mainly for the stoke on Praxis.

Curious. I have never claimed to be a good powder skier (just not enough practice) so I am always looking for any ski that can help. Likely 15 years ago I bought some Powder boards in gear swap and thought they were a gift from Ullr until I had to get back to the lift. Tried the newer version of Keith's Lhasa Fats and didn't do so well, so I bought some Protest and finally got a few days on them this season. On a day where the snow was very light they were fantastic and very confidence inspiring. A few days later in heavy snow I struggled. So obviously my lack of skill and heavy snow is likely the reason the Lhasa Fats didn't work so good for me. I only ask as I was going to sell the LF's but now think I will keep them to try and luck into some dry pow with them. I need to go to Utah next season for a few weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Both of those skis kill it in heavy pow, esp the protest. Get off the tails on the LF and press the tips. They are not a tail gunner ski by any stretch and most that don’t jive with them are. The protest wants a more centered stance and they both want/need speed to really shine, the protest will go slower in pow just need to be more centered balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Curious. I have never claimed to be a good powder skier (just not enough practice) so I am always looking for any ski that can help. Likely 15 years ago I bought some Powder boards in gear swap and thought they were a gift from Ullr until I had to get back to the lift. Tried the newer version of Keith's Lhasa Fats and didn't do so well, so I bought some Protest and finally got a few days on them this season. On a day where the snow was very light they were fantastic and very confidence inspiring. A few days later in heavy snow I struggled. So obviously my lack of skill and heavy snow is likely the reason the Lhasa Fats didn't work so good for me. I only ask as I was going to sell the LF's but now think I will keep them to try and luck into some dry pow with them. I need to go to Utah next season for a few weeks.
    Utah is not that much pow. But we try Love my protest in most conditions but they rule hot pow

Name:	Image1681152637.337680.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	165.8 KB 
ID:	455156

I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Effortless in most any 3d snow. A lot of people mount them @-1.5 because they may struggle w tip dive on the dimple. The new profile looks like it may help mount on the dimple

Praxis Protest..just how cool is it?

I like -1.5 because I can press the tips a little harder than the dimple and not be so centered/upright on it, more stacked athletic stance. They rule!

Last edited by 2FUNKY; 04-10-2023 at 02:49 PM.

Exactly, they still pivot on a dime when need or want arises