Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    Can’t add much beyond skibrd & 2F, they summed things up well. Protest rule.
    Regarding western WA climate the baseline ski is made by another brand tho. It starts there then protest for deep days would be the ticket. It’s what I’ve enjoyed.
    I’d prescribe 192 #4s but those custom days may be gone
    I ended up pulling the trigger on the last 192s in stock.

I have the OG 191 version of that other ski by another brand, but that is a very different beast than current models from what i understand. I have a pair of 2014 Line SFBs in 190 that i am still in love with as an everyday ski for the PNW, and the parking lot situation at Alpental means that it takes literally 2-3 mins at most out of my way to switch out skis, so i figured i should give these Protests a shot. Ill be throwing some STH2 16s that i have in my garage on these skis right at reccomended, and should be an ideal Alpy powder setup for me. Cant wait to try them out.

Praxis Protest..just how cool is it?

You’re in good shape then. Enjoy the season.
    See if you can’t demo asym 189 to compliment down the line. You might feel stronger about the updated version.

Edit: don’t be afraid to mount the protest back for nw steep skiing. I ended up finding -2 working best for me here. -1.4 was fine too.

I’d also recommend mounting -2 at your size as well

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Thirded

Has anyone custom ordered a narrow 118 waist Protest? How isn't this a popular ski? Looks basically perfect as a resort charger.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham View Post
    Has anyone custom ordered a narrow 118 waist Protest? How isn't this a popular ski? Looks basically perfect as a resort charger.
    You mean the WooTest? It’s been done a few times, and the WooTest 2.0 is the upgraded version. If you google Praxis WooTest, there is a pretty lengthy article about the process of slimming down the Protest and how the WooTest (and the 2.0) came to be.

Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    You mean the WooTest? It’s been done a few times, and the WooTest 2.0 is the upgraded version. If you google Praxis WooTest, there is a pretty lengthy article about the process of slimming down the Protest and how the WooTest (and the 2.0) came to be.

The wootest 2.0 has intrigued me since the inception of the OG. The lack of reviews is the main reason keeping me from buying. It’s definitely a ski i would want to try before i buy.
    Curious as to how the skinny protest behaves compared to normal plump protest.

Lithic Arlo @ 120mm waist looks similar to the Protest.
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

Quote Originally Posted by pfluffenmeister View Post
    Lithic Arlo @ 120mm waist looks similar to the Protest.
    It should as they came from praxis. Its an awesome shape and i hope to try a pair this year.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    It should as they came from praxis. Its an awesome shape and i hope to try a pair this year.
    Wait, what? Are you saying the Praxis made those?? There was a cheap-ass pair in GS recently.
    sproing!

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    Wait, what? Are you saying the Praxis made those?? There was a cheap-ass pair in GS recently.
    No. The guys from Lithic Skis used to be ski builders at Praxis.

That ski is secksy

^ no kidding.
    Kopi beat me to it.

Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post

I've had a pair of the Woo2's in a tour layup for a bunch of seasons now, I love them - minus the layup/core for resort banging. Then again, I'm not light (215lb with gear on) and that's not what they're for.

Every time the custom order email comes around, I see that you can order many skis with a +/- 10mm waist. I might just have to order a pair in 118 with a veneer and topsheet for next season, and see how they do.

who wants to tell him?

Let him live in his happy memories of golden days gone by.

Loud and clear, fellas. I did some digging and see what you're saying.

Who's better at judging the profiles than the people who are always skiing them? Can't argue with that.

Random question, I have never skied the Protest. I can get along with most ski shapes. My current skis are On3p Wrenegade 114’s, Moment Wildcats, 4frnt Renegades, & Line Pescado’s.

Am I right in thinking that a Protest might be most similar to the Renegade but on the whole a little looser feeling?

Quote Originally Posted by Tailwind View Post
    Random question, I have never skied the Protest. I can get along with most ski shapes. My current skis are On3p Wrenegade 114’s, Moment Wildcats, 4frnt Renegades, & Line Pescado’s.

Am I right in thinking that a Protest might be most similar to the Renegade but on the whole a little looser feeling?
    It’s more like a better pontoon. Very loose but does not submarine like renegade.

I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Came from praxis is a kind way to put it...

Quote Originally Posted by Muggydude View Post
    Came from praxis is a kind way to put it...
    I can’t be an asshole all the time...
    Though some may say different...

Quote Originally Posted by Tailwind View Post

A lot looser. The massive taper, long radius shape is a completely different level of loose than a renegade or wildcat (the two above I've skied). And as mentioned, unsinkable.

Really? I thought my Rens were very close to as loose as my Powderboards, haven’t AB’d them though. The PBs were looser at low speeds, but I have a 185 PB and a 196 Ren. I moved the mount back 1cm on the Ren from -5 to -6 and that improved everything including float, but they don’t float, pivot or do really anything well until you’re going fairly fast. Haven’t skied a protest yet but owning them some day feels like an unstoppable force
    Last edited by Self Jupiter; 10-18-2019 at 06:54 PM.

I might be an anomaly... but I think the Renegade is pretty loose at speed. At least much more so than any other ski I own. Agree it won’t pivot at slow speeds.

I’m looking for something that will open up some new turn shapes in deep snow. Tempted by the current Powerworks Lotus 138 for a touring setup but not tempted by the price. I’m wondering if the protest might be loose enough and if Quiver killed a fun resort and touring setup.

I really appreciate owning the Pescado’s because they invite me to interact with the mountain differently. I ski slower and mess around more. Looking for a something that will open up a new style of skiing mainly loose drifty turns... but still be stable.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham View Post
    Loud and clear, fellas. I did some digging and see what you're saying.

Who's better at judging the profiles than the people who are always skiing them? Can't argue with that.
    They were referring to something else. Big changes are afoot at Incline Village.