Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    ^ Hair splitter...

anyone have any time on custom -10mm skinnier versions of this ski?

Quote Originally Posted by Galbi View Post
    anyone have any time on custom -10mm skinnier versions of this ski?
    Hmmmmmm???
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

Quote Originally Posted by eskido View Post
    Hmmmmmm???
    Yeah...I'll be nice. Check out the Wootest, which is close to, but not quite, a Protest -10: http://blistergearreview.com/gear-re...is-wootest-2-0 and here: https://www.praxisskis.com/products/wootest-custom.html
    sproing!

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    Yeah...I'll be nice. Check out the Wootest, which is close to, but not quite, a Protest -10: http://blistergearreview.com/gear-re...is-wootest-2-0 and here: https://www.praxisskis.com/products/wootest-custom.html
    Ah shit..... thanks

Ah shit..... thanks
    Quite a few people were keen to get a skinny protest. I still want one. Wish they had a 182 option. Seems like it’d be a popular size. The Quixote come out and most went for that instead

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Quite a few people were keen to get a skinny protest. I still want one. Wish they had a 182 option. Seems like it’d be a popular size. The Quixote come out and most went for that instead
    I really wanna ride the protest, the collective agreement of how sick they are couldn't be all hype. These are gonna be sitting in Japan and only get used in the resort when I head out there on work trips. It's not always puking pow in Japan, as to why I'm curious anyone has experience on a skinnier protest, and if it took anything away from the epic status

Praxis Protest..just how cool is it?

I really wanna ride the protest, the collective agreement of how sick they are couldn't be all hype. These are gonna be sitting in Japan and only get used in the resort when I head out there on work trips. It's not always puking pow in Japan, as to why I'm curious anyone has experience on a skinnier protest, and if it took anything away from the epic status
    I hope there is enough interest this year(think we need 5 orders) to get a 182 into production. I miss my protest. Love my gpo’s but there’s been a lot of days this year I wished I still had my protests. Bad visibility days they’re the ticket. Have to keep the power on my 4 flex gpo’s and the protests you can power or relax. Nice to relax when I can’t see what’s coming in poor vis days

I think if you got 5-10 orders for a 182 protest Keith would considering doing a run over the summer. To be honest I think he should retire the 177, I can't imagine it sells that well.

^^^ Women? Rich 13 year-olds?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Just needs to fill some gaps. Piste jib needs a 179 as well. Always thought some numbers could be staggered as well . Also waists. Bit of a cluster with Gpo, rx, concept at 115/116. Could even if out with gaps of 2 between the q and concept 119, 117, 115,113 . Stager sizes to have a model with 186 or 184(lengths that aren’t used thus far). I think it would make some models more desirable to have a bit more seperation. More distinct

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    I hope there is enough interest this year(think we need 5 orders) to get a 182 into production. I miss my protest. Love my gpo’s but there’s been a lot of days this year I wished I still had my protests. Bad visibility days they’re the ticket. Have to keep the power on my 4 flex gpo’s and the protests you can power or relax. Nice to relax when I can’t see what’s coming in poor vis days
    I’d be down, if I don’t pick up a pair soon. Or I feel the need for two, cuz some days I’m just a gear whore �� I hate feeling like a damn Sasquatch getting in that damn gondola with my skis in Rusutsu. Shorter the better.

I’d be down, if I don’t pick up a pair soon. Or I feel the need for two, cuz some days I’m just a gear whore �� I hate feeling like a damn Sasquatch getting in that damn gondola with my skis in Rusutsu. Shorter the better.
    Same first world problem. Or getting crunched by their ridiculously short lift canopies. The country was not made for 6 footers. Still glad I brought my 187's.

^^^ same same. My buddies, one of whom is 6’4”, and I had some hilarious moments of pure jerrydom trying to fold ourselves in and out of Rusutsu’s gondis with our skis. And trying to ride the hirafu shuttle at “rush hour” with skis longer than 180 is a near impossible task. That said, I’m also glad I brought my 187s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^ I’m glad I’m not the only one looking like a jerry! Thought everyone had a system and I was the one idiot that couldn’t figure out the puzzle. FYI if you stay in the travel lodge, get ready for a battle trying to shower haha. DAMN NEED SOME PREOTESTS NOW

Anyone have a weight for an UL veneer 192 protest? enquiring minds want to know!

glad i've got my 177 carbons from years back with dynafit ft12's...
    fun teton pass ski for the deeper days, and they make deep flatter pitches fun

they feel a touch forward, so I may put a set of B&D toe shims on them some day.

worked like magic on my 175 UL GPO's...

back to the protests, they are money!
    Aggressive in my own mind

192 or 196????

I've heard that the Protests ski a little short. I'm about 6'2" 165lbs. My current setups are some older heavy Squad 7's in 190 (measure at 186cm) and 186 Renegades as a touring setup. Looking to go a little longer, should I go with a 192 or 196 in the Protest?

I've skied the 196 Renegade and enjoyed them quite a bit but I'm wondering if the 192 might be 'enough' ski.

Quote Originally Posted by PlayItLeo View Post
    ^^^ same same. My buddies, one of whom is 6’4”, and I had some hilarious moments of pure jerrydom trying to fold ourselves in and out of Rusutsu’s gondis with our skis. And trying to ride the hirafu shuttle at “rush hour” with skis longer than 180 is a near impossible task. That said, I’m also glad I brought my 187s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Haha had the same problem with my 189 bents which are much close to 195. They barely fit every time. Our first try it was my bents, 189 pontoons and 189 mavens. We barely got in and fell on the way out. Super funny

Sent from my van down by the river. Using a NewSchoolers hack... sick I know.
    That fly seems to like you!

Just how much snow do I need before I can test these out for the first time? 6" on top of soft?

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    Just how much snow do I need before I can test these out for the first time? 6" on top of soft?

4" will do it, if you have a bit of open space to let them run - they plane on a dusting.

PNW protest mags, is standard flex good enough or is 4 necessary for inbounds skiing? Will only be bringing out on deep days as I already have some Bibby’s.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by PNW_Skier206 View Post
    PNW protest mags, is standard flex good enough or is 4 necessary for inbounds skiing? Will only be bringing out on deep days as I already have some Bibby’s.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Personal preference. I liked them at 4. I Would ski a 3 or 3.5. I probably wouldn’t want a 2 or a 5. I always think a slightly stiffer ski in the PNW is better for the weird snow
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

I'm new to Protest but thought the #3 in untracked was the ticket. Recently sold a #4 Q and I'm not sure there's as huge amount of a difference between 3 & 4 as it's made out to be. Own a #5 flex Ullr and yea you can tell.

Keith issues a #3 for stock edition (what I have) so there's probably a reason.
    When its gets to be marine mash piles around PNW I'm on Billy Goats anyway.
    If your Bibby's take care of your chop needs, there's your answer.

I have #4 flex Protests in Colorado and never once wished they were softer.