Thread: Grom ski advice

Grom ski advice

My daughter is seven and up until now has been having fun on whatever cheap skis we could find in the right color scheme. Since I'm dropping some serious coin on a seven week program at Breck this year and she's up to the size that the options of skis really start to open up I'm questioning my previous ski buying strategy.

I have some Dynastar Speed Teams (The red white and blue ones with a big "80" on them) in the right size that I got for almost nothing when I picked up some bindings. I can't find much info on them but they do have a larger turn radius than her last skis and appear to be more of a race oriented ski. Is there really anything to different types of skis at this age or are skis like these ones form Line more marketing hype?

http://www.evo.com/skis/line-snow-an...pg&select=true

There's some pretty good deals on last years models out there and I'd hate to handicap her from the start of the season. I know what I'd rather ski.......

Until she's really ripping like a little adult, the standard kids stuff is good enough in my opinion. Light and soft is good for learning. As she gets older and you feel like lack of float is really holding her back, I wouldn't over think this.
    "Don't tease me about my hobbies, I don't tease you about being an asshole"

I suggest the tech talk jong jr pro model
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Just remember that release bindings are a waste of money until shes's about 13.

the ones that match in fucking tech talk.

also, kids are a HUDGE waste of money. Do not have any more.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

free is best.
    b

Many stores have buy back programs to help defer cost. Kids ski their gear for a year and the store then 'buys' it back from you. The buy back price goes towards a new pair the following year. While free / hand me down / whatever gear is an attractive strategy, much like us, your kid just might have way more fun on good gear. I am a school teacher and i take my class skiing every year. The plain truth of the matter is that kids on good gear are having way more fun. K2 has a bunch of super fun kids skis (bad apple, bad seed, missy etc.) , but they are probably too little long for a 7 year old.

Dynastar Speed 80 is a junior (GS I believe) race ski. Some of them were really nice. If she's skiing hardpack only and has decent technique that's not a bad choice. If you want to expand her horizons you might look into some of the junior fat/rockered stuff that's out there. There's plenty of them and you should be able to find last year's on sale.