Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Thx for the advice, TW.

Old Goat - I'm being stubborn about getting it done too. Go figure, when I spoke with the surgeon, he danced around the question and gave me the right answer...if you can't do what you want to then it's time. While I agree, I'm questioning timing. Is it a stupid idea for me to ski, (I live in JH), with a small-mid size, (I can feel it and have occasional slight pain), this season? Seems to me that skiing anything that is reasonably fun would be a lot of stress to the area. Point of asking is simply due to me not wanting to be forced into surgery because I did something stupid. I'm going fine with mild to moderate exercise. Gave up weights. I actually feel better from head to toe with more cardio now but that's another story.

Getting it done now would not work well for family and work reasons. Should I make turns in a "normal" fashion or hold back until I get it fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by schwerty View Post
    Thx for the advice, TW.

Old Goat - I'm being stubborn about getting it done too. Go figure, when I spoke with the surgeon, he danced around the question and gave me the right answer...if you can't do what you want to then it's time. While I agree, I'm questioning timing. Is it a stupid idea for me to ski, (I live in JH), with a small-mid size, (I can feel it and have occasional slight pain), this season? Seems to me that skiing anything that is reasonably fun would be a lot of stress to the area. Point of asking is simply due to me not wanting to be forced into surgery because I did something stupid. I'm going fine with mild to moderate exercise. Gave up weights. I actually feel better from head to toe with more cardio now but that's another story.

Getting it done now would not work well for family and work reasons. Should I make turns in a "normal" fashion or hold back until I get it fixed?
    I spent two years waiting for the surgery and dealing with the two hernias I had by using hip stretches and exercises to pop it back in so I could run. Totally stubborn even though I knew exactly what I had and looking back post-surgery I wish I had done it sooner.

This was the primary stretch:
    http://smartartshosting.com.au/galax...ip-stretch.jpg

And mixed with this hip routine seemed to keep me together this whole past year with 30+ miles running per week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GLrKr54yA0

As far as when to fix it--if it bugs you fix it. If it doesn't bug you fix it when it's convenient, whenever that is, just not during ski season. If it really hurts and you can't get the lump to go away when you lie down and push on it get it fixed today before your bowel dies.