Page 31 of 47 FirstFirst ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast
    I can give you a first hand Fernie report in a few minutes ...

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post

thinking Castle, Fernie, whitefish, Schwitzer, Kimbo, Pano areas....
    Fam says it's been puking at the Fish and the skiing has been awesome the past two days. More on the way apparently.
    Flying the Bluehouse colors in Western Canada! Let me know if you want some rad skis!!

"He is god of snow; the one called Ullr. Son of Sif, step son of Thor. He is so fierce a bowman and ski-runner that none may contend! He is quite beautiful to look upon and has all the characteristics of a warrior. It is wise to invoke the name of Ullr in duels!"

-The Gylfaginning

-17 on hill at Fernie. Conditions are decent but not inspiring at these temperatures.

Hey guys,
    I've been lurking around for a while, I'm on my 2nd season at Sunshine now and figured I'd post some stoke.

A few of us (4 skiers and me being the token snowboarder) hiked Quartz ridge yesterday, while the snow wasn't epic it was still soft enough for some fun turns and with the sun out most of the day it was a pretty good day out.
    I decided to lug my slr out for the day, so here's some shots:

The one skinned bandit pressing on after breaking his tourers

There was definitely a fair bit of wind effect. We dug a pit and got a CTM 4 10cms down with the new snow failing on a crust, probably from the warm weather, although it didnt fail as a slab. We also got a CTH 7 at the base, with only half the column failing.

Hopefully this will be my last time out on snowshoes, I picked up a split yesterday and next paycheck I can get it set up. So if anyone is out touring on Thursdays or Fridays I'll be keen to explore a bit.

I've had this video half-done for... 3 weeks now? Since it's obviously never gonna snow again, I'm gonna release it half baked. 30 sec of black near the end, but there's more. If it does actually snow a non-trivial amount I'll finish er up and replace that old footage from last year.

Oh and a pic from today that really stood out. Got a coolie on Cougar N, had sizeable release on the hoar (5-15cm "crown") at the top of the line. If, hypothetically, it were to snow, things could be interesting on that layer for a bit.

so you know how it is ...

a whole buncha life shit gets in the way ...

only 2 of of get to trail head at 1430 ...

sledded to the peak of 2550m ...

first crew there this season ...

drank several beers in bluebird and no wind ...

was epic !!!
    We, the RATBAGGERS, formally axcept our duty is to trigger avalaches on all skiers ...

nice vid angry.

http://ju4splitboarding.wordpress.com/

not my blog, but from one of the guys on the trip. I'm the skier with green pants and a vest on in some of the pics, and skibee is the backup chief who did baking.

Attention Alberta Friends! Sonja and I need your help! The costs of the next step in my treatment has been denied by Alberta Health Services and at over 10K a month we cannot afford it! With the help of her sister, we are starting a letter writing campaign to Alberta MLAs and Health officials. I'd be more then happy to provide a letter and email addresses if needed! Please contact us if need further details.
    Flying the Bluehouse colors in Western Canada! Let me know if you want some rad skis!!

"He is god of snow; the one called Ullr. Son of Sif, step son of Thor. He is so fierce a bowman and ski-runner that none may contend! He is quite beautiful to look upon and has all the characteristics of a warrior. It is wise to invoke the name of Ullr in duels!"

-The Gylfaginning

Where to send, and what do I write? Let me know and i'll get it done.

Quote Originally Posted by time2clmb View Post
    Where to send, and what do I write? Let me know and i'll get it done.
    It's all on my blog ejskis.wordpress.com
    The last post has a form letter you're more then welcome to use/modify. There is also a link to get your local MLAs email address! Thanks T2C!

-The Gylfaginning

Everyone take a bit of time to personalize your message. Form letters basically get ignored.

Will definitely change it up, just need some guidance on the points that need to be covered.

Will definitely change it up, just need some guidance on the points that need to be covered.
    I think the main points that need covering is that the drug is covered by other provinces, approved by health Canada for this treatment and is shown far more effective then other treatments. It is also used by AHS for other types of cancer.
    Feel free to PM me if you want more details!

-The Gylfaginning

Gripen: having a look at the blog now, sounds like an administrative screw up for denial in your case!

On a skiing note, these guys seem to do destination marketing videos, but 7:56 they duck a PC rope at Louise? I'm assuming they had comp'd media tickets too.

haha...that person wearing the helmet cam at 7:56 will definitely read that, maybe he'll answer. Release the hounds.

Surprised they would add that in though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gripen View Post
    Attention Alberta Friends! Sonja and I need your help! The costs of the next step in my treatment has been denied by Alberta Health Services and at over 10K a month we cannot afford it! With the help of her sister, we are starting a letter writing campaign to Alberta MLAs and Health officials. I'd be more then happy to provide a letter and email addresses if needed! Please contact us if need further details.
    Is there anything I can do to help out even though I am out of province? I can't imagine what it would be like to be in that situation!

Quote Originally Posted by Section ThirtyOne View Post
    Is there anything I can do to help out even though I am out of province? I can't imagine what it would be like to be in that situation!
    Just spread awareness! Feel free to pass my blog along, never know who might read it.

-The Gylfaginning

haha...that person wearing the helmet cam at 7:56 will definitely read that, maybe he'll answer. Release the hounds.

Surprised they would add that in though.
    Haha, I certainly will.

I'll just say that we were being guided by someone working in an official capacity but nonetheless that bit should definitely not have made the final cut - I'm very surprised it was left in.

Quote Originally Posted by Gripen View Post
    Just spread awareness! Feel free to pass my blog along, never know who might read it.
    Will do. I certainly hope 'the powers that be' come to their senses and provide the treatment.

Thanks to all you mags that have taken time to write on our behalf. We have a meeting with our local MLA and have garnered some attention from Alberta Health. We are slowly getting some traction!

-The Gylfaginning

Good news Gripon:

if anyone wants some $20 off schwitzer lift ticket coupons, PM me, or stop by Soul. Its warmer south of the boarder...

Bump for the upcoming snow!

Beaut morning at the horse. Good snow for facies, even this tall bastard. Looking forward to the upcoming gong show

Anyone have a recommendation for best place to get prescription goggles in Calgary?