Page 45 of 47 FirstFirst ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 1167
    next week looks horribly warm !!!

hope its wrong ...
    We, the RATBAGGERS, formally axcept our duty is to trigger avalaches on all skiers ...

Went out to go ski some chutes we have had our eye on but instead they were mega wins loaded with 1 foot plus of new snow on a layer or wasn't to keen to stick to. Things warmed up quick even on the true north aspects. Several large slow moving wet loose sluffs/slides. Good day for rooping though. And some low angle turns. Two runs on this pitch and one below Pretty much cleaned the new snow off.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1398692720268.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	48.5 KB 
ID:	154762  

Damn, that sounds not so good. I went to Ohara and found a cm or 2 of snow and pretty well no crust with iso glop under, said fuck that and went to Bow Summit. Found great supportive crust, with no iso at all underneath. Bagged 3 couloirs, crust still super supportive on se-nw (thru north) aspects at 3pm (just don't have info on the others, they could've been fine).
    Last edited by angrysasquatch; 04-28-2014 at 06:08 PM.

Was at LL on Sunday. 10cm plus more in back bowls or wherever it could drift. Pretty hard underneath but was still damn fine for late April. And empty hill, ski onto the lift

Today's coolies

I've been skiing my ass off the past 5 days in anticipation of.. well the whole snowpack coming down, let's be honest. One more good day left then I can rest.

Hey AS. did you solo that smallish couloir at the bottom of the flower (south of the stem) on Sunday? Like early? I was up there by 10 am and there was a solo track that looked like it was just laid down.
    Man, It was great...

Nope, Sunday I hit Observation peak. I do believe it was my first time over 3000m (elevation, still haven't done a 3k day), which is still a bit puzzling to me how it's only just happened.

This was my second time skiing Bow Summit, the first being that may 24 storm last year and I didn't see anything cuz it was puking.

Quote Originally Posted by eldereldo View Post
    Was at LL on Sunday. 10cm plus more in back bowls or wherever it could drift. Pretty hard underneath but was still damn fine for late April. And empty hill, ski onto the lift
    We were up there as well. Skiied some easy slack country laps and came back and tracked out ER7 gullies and then basked in the sun. Awesome day.
    Flying the Bluehouse colors in Western Canada! Let me know if you want some rad skis!!

"He is god of snow; the one called Ullr. Son of Sif, step son of Thor. He is so fierce a bowman and ski-runner that none may contend! He is quite beautiful to look upon and has all the characteristics of a warrior. It is wise to invoke the name of Ullr in duels!"

-The Gylfaginning

Hey there angry, was that you heading up to the summit probably around 1 or so? We were across the drainage on Cirque peak and saw two guys going back to summit observation Ridge. We found crust, ice, and wind scoured snow up high. I assume the same on observation?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by boardinthepark View Post
    Hey there angry, was that you heading up to the summit probably around 1 or so? We were across the drainage on Cirque peak and saw two guys going back to summit observation Ridge. We found crust, ice, and wind scoured snow up high. I assume the same on observation?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using TGR Forums
    Sounds about right, we didn't see anyone else making their way up the peak that day. I made a comment that somebody must've been skiing cirque after seeing presumably your car at the creek in. Mostly just dust on crust, we went down the north-most set of chutes on the west face below the false summit. The chute-age must've helped hold on to the snow.

I am now 0 for 3 on Narao couloirs. Sad day. Note to anyone else who feels like trying after the warm kills the snow quality: the birth canal in the right couloir mentioned in vertical-unlimited blog is completely covered over with snow, the other way around the rock isn't particularly climbable, and certainly not in the haste you need to not get plastered by the next sluff. You could possibly do an exposed scramble on the right that is out of the crosshairs but it's not great looking. Somebody got the left yesterday though.

edit: I'm actually 0 for 4... in the last 6 days. shit

edit2: here's the blog if ya want
    http://perpetualski.blogspot.ca/2014...winter_29.html
    Last edited by angrysasquatch; 04-29-2014 at 07:26 PM.

You're crushing it man!

If anyone is driving Calgary to or through Golden I have a length of prussic cord to get to angrysasquatch. Was hoping to meet up for more turns and give it to him this past week but it never quite worked out.

Never made it out this round.... hoping the next high pressure lasts longer and stays cooler. For now-more snow on the way....

Anybody know where I can get some rockies weather data? For some reason all of Parks weather stations in LLYK are not responding the past few days.

http://avalanche.pc.gc.ca/station-eng.aspx?d=2014-05-02

Louise was good today. Skied like the wet coast. Tomorrow will be epic. Snowing hard all day, adding up quick and 25cm forecasted in the next 24. Put your bikes away!!

oh, and big red will be cracking for some wet coast boon-docking 2 moro ...

the winter that just won't end !!!
    We, the RATBAGGERS, formally axcept our duty is to trigger avalaches on all skiers ...

Quote Originally Posted by angrysasquatch View Post
    Anybody know where I can get some rockies weather data? For some reason all of Parks weather stations in LLYK are not responding the past few days.

http://avalanche.pc.gc.ca/station-eng.aspx?d=2014-05-02
    I think those stations are Alberta Environment's. They recently rejiggered some web pages and broke links to the data.

Start here:

http://www.environment.alberta.ca/ap...s/default.aspx

Showing lots of precip at SSV and LL.

29 overnight at LL, 25 at SSV.

not a bad day coming up.

If you got stuck behind the accident coming in from Cowtown

Angry i'm 0 for 3 on Pacman couloir at B.S. Nice work, surprisingly that things sees very little traffic given it's location.

One of the best days ever at Louise... That is all...

not a bad day for May-vember eh?

snow flew over my helmet once ... no, I was still attatched to my sled rite side up ...

alpine was wind blown, a softish crust, but trees were phat ...

freezing level was dropping this arvo, 2moro will be phatter ...

and I did a snowboard line too !!!

Yeahhhhh 1 for 5!

http://perpetualski.blogspot.ca/2014/05/victory.html

5cm on the car by noon today, 8+ above 2000m at ohara

way to go AS. those top 8-10 turns tighten the sphincter. conditions look perfect

still good out there! Early day session and future hit list.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1188.jpg 
Views:	238 
Size:	917.7 KB 
ID:	155136Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1412.jpg 
Views:	252 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	155137