Page 26 of 113 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast
    looks my mid-january week long north shore trip may turn into a drinking trip.

any good spots to hit? I already know about the brewery in Tahoe City which will be nice. Probably go to reno or south lake for a night or two if this shit keeps up.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    latest guidance suggests 2-5 inches in the sierra around tahoe which is slightly better than better than nothing
    Now I'm seeing 3-6 but I'll remain skeptical. Even 2 inches is a hell of a lot more fun than nothing. (that's what she said)

I'll be training a 5 year old at Heavenly on Friday with Kirkwood on Saturday....throw a shout if any of you are around.

Hit up at Sugarbowl today. Felt like spring temps with a the same dismal snow that everyone is tired of. Almost took a good tumble on Lake View as a rock caught an edge pretty damn good stopping me

But stoked to be shaking off the bad habits for skiing that surfing and kiting has gotten my muscles use to.
    Last edited by NorCalNomad; 12-19-2013 at 01:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LightRanger View Post
    Not sure about Sugarbowl, but you can park next to the statue in the Boreal parking lot overnight. At least you could from 2000-2010. Doubt they've changed the rules. They'll plow around you so be ready to shovel in the morning...

It's about ten minutes from there to Sugarbowl in the morning. Not the same as rolling out of bed and walking to the chair, but not too far off.
    The sugar bowl lot is like my second home

They prefer that you crash in the old lot up by the gondola. If you are looking at the parking garage, just to the right of the entrance is a dirt lot with busses. This is where they want You. There is a bit of noise because it is near the dumpster the night crew uses. The spot isn't ideal but it does allow you to roll out of bed and go straight to the lifts.

Later in the year they don't mind if you crash in the dirt lot over on the Judah side but sometimes ask you to pay since it is a premium lot.
    "Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will..."

Quote Originally Posted by kona12 View Post

They prefer that you crash in the old lot up by the gondola. If you are looking at the parking garage, just to the right of the entrance is a dirt lot with busses. This is where they want You. There is a bit of noise because it is near the dumpster the night crew uses. The spot isn't ideal but it does allow you to roll out of bed and go straight to the lifts.

Later in the year they don't mind if you crash in the dirt lot over on the Judah side but sometimes ask you to pay since it is a premium lot.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1387436099.296368.jpg 
Views:	273 
Size:	114.4 KB 
ID:	146911

Photo didn't attach to the last post.
    "Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will..."

Quote Originally Posted by kona12 View Post

Thanks the extra camping beta. We just did the dirt lot across from Donner Ski Ranch as that also seems to be a favorite with the climbers I asked.

Quote Originally Posted by jahoney View Post
    looks my mid-january week long north shore trip may turn into a drinking trip.

any good spots to hit? I already know about the brewery in Tahoe City which will be nice. Probably go to reno or south lake for a night or two if this shit keeps up.
    In Reno…

Craft for beer. Bowl for food. Brasserie for beer and food.

Quote Originally Posted by splitter View Post
    In Reno…

I really like Brasserie St. James. Never had a bad dish or beer there.

IMO, the Mellow Fellow in Crystal Bay is the best bar on this side of the lake. My criteria: beer selection, food options, and not overly loud or obnoxious.

Brasserie St. James is fucking fantastic and a must-visit in Reno. Awesome building, really good beer and absolutely mind-blowingly good food.

I'll be at Sierra tomorrow, intoxicated.
    ((. The joy I get from skiing...
    .))
    ((. That's worth living for.
    .))

Marin born -> Chico State -> CH -> France -> Truckee
    Hey for any Reno-Tahoe mags I just put this thread up if anyone pursuing the WFR, EMT, Medic, Nursing, etc in the area, offloading some books that I have multiples of...

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...48#post4134748
    "Can switching to Geico really save you 15% or more on car insurance?"

"Do people really call 911 thinking they will get seen faster in the ER?"

Quote Originally Posted by splitter View Post
    In Reno…

Seconded.
    Craft also has an awesome cider collection...and whisky too, come to think of it.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBruin

IMO, the Mellow Fellow in Crystal Bay is the best bar on this side of the lake. My criteria: beer selection, food options, and not overly loud or obnoxious.
    Seconded.
    Mellow fellow is a favorite. Always love The Grid in kings beach for a neighborhood bar feel.
    Last edited by lepistoir; 12-20-2013 at 11:19 PM.
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Quote Originally Posted by thefrush View Post
    I'll be at Sierra tomorrow, intoxicated.
    What time?

Sent from my DROID4 using TGR Forums
    Snow Flake Killer

Quote Originally Posted by skier666 View Post
    Some pics of Kirkwood last Saturday:

First tracks down Chair 7...

Gotta love the hand action at this stage...

Found close to a ft on nw slopes in blackwood canyon today. Kinda felt like winter for a little bit

This season is so bad to date that the few inches of fresh at Mt Rose today on one of the two open novice runs felt outrageously fun. Place was empty.
    Every man dies. Not every man lives.
    You don’t stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

Well we are doing much better than this....

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...AACK!!!/page50

My biggest challenge is skiing longer than the process of going skiing. Dam It. Still feels like winter, so that is good. SKI you on the hill.
    I'm cool with this, as long as you Kirkwood Bro Brah's stay away from Heavenly when 88 closes- TahoeBc

We need to put a stop to Snow globe!!!!!!!!!

Ullr hates dubstep.

Think about it.

Snow Flake Killer

Quote Originally Posted by Nuthon View Post
    We need to put a stop to Snow globe!!!!!!!!!

Ullr hates dubstep.

Think about it.

Or this could be an undercover Vail Resorts cloud seeding program....

I live somewhat close to this in winter and it's loud as fuck, the kids are weird and everyone needs to get the fuck off my lawn!!!!

Seriously, the shit makes me feel old

yeah, was actually pretty good at alpine yesterday. don't tell anyone...

Sierra yesterday was kinda meh. Dust on crust and scraped off on anything heavily traveled or groomed. Holiday crowds plus no snow except from guns = blah. Riding tomorrow maybe...

Sent from my SGH-I997 using TGR Forums

Hello Ca Maggots. A little help pls.

Maybe looking at a seasonal position at Heavenly.

Where do people live when they are working that part Tahoe (sorry for my ignorance) Only been there 2x.

Any hints would be appreciated and if you help me out I will have a place sitting empty near Bozeman if you were to want to make a road trip.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion View Post
    Hello Ca Maggots. A little help pls.

Maybe looking at a seasonal position at Heavenly.

Where do people live when they are working that part Tahoe (sorry for my ignorance) Only been there 2x.

Any hints would be appreciated and if you help me out I will have a place sitting empty near Bozeman if you were to want to make a road trip.
    South Lake Tahoe, CA or Stateline, NV if you're looking for a very short commute. For better BC access and less party, check out Meyers, CA.

Or live down the Kingsbury grade in Gardnerville and be closer to whorehouses and golfing.

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    Or live down the Kingsbury grade in Gardnerville and be closer to whorehouses and golfing.
    & Meth, the good stuff too. Anywhere in S. Lake is good, plenty of access to the heave via the bus.

Snow Flake Killer

I'll be skiing Rose a bunch this week if anyone is bored. I don't have a pass anywhere and I don't want to blow coin on skiing if the snow is shite.

Anyone else going to be killing rose this week?

okbye
    TELL YOUR BOOBS TO QUIT STARING AT MY EYES!!!1!

Here, I'll help you out:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody Famous View Post
    RENO SUPERMOTO