Page 30 of 113 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast
    You had me until the expensive part.

Quote Originally Posted by powfiend View Post
    How about any of the refuges in the southwest alps? Getting hammered right now, some areas in Italy picked up 160 cm in the last 24 hours. And they are extremely well catered unlilke most of the uncivilized shacks here in north America
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Blackwood canyon and cabin creek are both good free xc zones currently. Groomed by sleds and I've seen quite a few people out there recently.

Lepistor, flying to the alps is roughly the same price as driving to Canada and back, n that's where all the snow and huts are in N America.

You know it's bad when people here are talking about how good/bad the groomers are,It's a sad sad time when xc has taken over the thread. This sucks,

Sent from my DROID4 using TGR Forums
    Snow Flake Killer

no doubt things are bleak. if i hadn't taken up climbing i would crawling the walls. fortunately i did so i've been crawling the walls
    my daughter jasmyn at 90'

me at sentinel rock

alandi at true value

ashley at true value

brittney at woodfords
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	90-foot-022.jpg 
Views:	1413 
Size:	387.0 KB 
ID:	147465   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sentinel-rock-059.jpg 
Views:	2034 
Size:	142.0 KB 
ID:	147466   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	true-value-132.jpg 
Views:	1391 
Size:	306.5 KB 
ID:	147467   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	true-value-078.jpg 
Views:	1401 
Size:	597.7 KB 
ID:	147468   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	woodford-fortress-081.jpg 
Views:	1393 
Size:	288.0 KB 
ID:	147469  

powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Well Powdork, looks like you've found a pretty good way to weather the drought. Key word "pretty"

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    At least the surf is cranking. We have plans to go visit the friends up at KW for next week. Already postponed heading up, and now I am hoping we can head home early as well. Surf is finally pumping. But I do have a question for anyone that has been to KW recently. How is the snow off of Chair 9? My two year old is pretty much the only one stoked to get on snow right now, so the trip can be well worth it if the bunny is in decent condition.
    A week ago (24th), 9 looked fine. 7 was good too, except the last 100' to the chair. That was a mix of bark, snow, and gravel. Heard a rumor they're making snow at 5 and moving it over, so it could get better. Also heard it's occasionally too warm to make snow. 1 is open, and that area (1 and 11) has the best natural cover.

Back to the XC / mtb / travel discussion...
    10/01/2012 Site was upgraded to 300 baud.

Bringing the kids up to slay the piste 1st - 4th...most likely Kirkwood to avoid the masses.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuthon View Post
    You know it's bad when people here are talking about how good/bad the groomers are,It's a sad sad time when xc has taken over the thread. This sucks,

Sent from my DROID4 using TGR Forums
    I was thinking the exact same thing.

I never leave Tahoe to ski in the winter (except for AK) and this could be a first....and next week.
    Every man dies. Not every man lives.
    You don’t stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

Flying to CO today and driving back to SF over the course of the next week, hitting some of the Epic sponsored stops on the way back.

Ill see what I can do about bringing some winter back with me.

If you're desperate for XC and have a Heave pass, I suspect you could ride the gondy up and fart around the giant flat zone up there (once we're past New Years).

Meanwhile, I'm lifting weights and riding my bike.

Yup, dumping in BC right now. Looks like I made the right choice. Sorry guys, its supposed to snow when I'm gone! I'll make sure to wash my truck and get a haircut when I get back though.

Picked up my Sugarbowl uphill pass yesterday morning. I made sure to tell their (pretty cute, freckled) tickets/passes manager, who processed it for me, that I was greatly appreciative of the way they were doing things lately and I was more likely to spend money there because of their actions.

Here's what the hill looked like from the parking lot...

Judah

Lincoln

Disney

Judah and Disney were not running today or yesterday that I could see.

We had the dogs out on the beach at Donner yesterday. It was the lowest I've seen in the last 15 years that I've been paying attention.

Put the uphill pass to use this morning and skinned up Judah under the chair.

Traversed over and skied down the Jerome Hill groomer.

This afternoon we hiked up to Castle Pass. More coverage than I thought there would be, honestly. Stella made it up and back, and the PCT thru-hiking miniature schnauzer had more fun than you today. Except for Dima, who we ran into with his buddy riding fat bikes. They were clearly having more fun than anybody. Although the random comments like, "Wow. That little dog hiked all the way out here." were pretty entertaining too.

If you're looking for a spot for kick-and-glide XC skiing, given that this is now the "XC thread," Castle Valley is a pretty solid bet. Watch the parking situation though. We saw a bunch of cars at the TH with tickets on their windshields.

Fun two days. Keep the faith, y'all. Happy New Year, and cheers to 2014 having better weather.

If anybody wants to do transceiver practice/dig around in the snow/do some exercise skinning in the morning over the next couple of days, PM me. UCL bailed on me because he didn't want to lose his job. Loser.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20131229_120646_778.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	100.3 KB 
ID:	147544   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20131229_120401_250.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	96.6 KB 
ID:	147545   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20131229_120345_669.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	129.2 KB 
ID:	147546   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20131229_152508_018.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	101.6 KB 
ID:	147547   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20131229_152451_977.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	130.2 KB 
ID:	147548  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20131230_103419_814.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	126.3 KB 
ID:	147549   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20131230_104001_222.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	179.7 KB 
ID:	147550   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20131230_141018_877.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	170.9 KB 
ID:	147551  
    Last edited by LightRanger; 12-31-2013 at 03:46 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

On the bright side, people can comfortably stop nerding out over the PWL. Unless the PWL you are concerned with is the ground :/.

Do I go to kW and ski groomers and drink racer 5 this weekend or stay in Marin and MTB and drink racer 5? What will be left on 6? Decisions...

unpropitious!
    I love my family. Kids are the best.
    http://www.praxisskis.com

Good fucking riddance to 2013! That is all.
    “I really lack the words to compliment myself today.” - Alberto Tomba

Come on you bunch of whiners, within 2 weeks a series of storms will come through and slowly knock down that high pressure ridge over the pacific and open the door, if you lived in Cali long enough you've seen over and over.

In the mean time, the fishing is still good, and the ducks are flying.

On the plus side, this is still a better start to winter than two years ago when the best option for winter entertainment at new years was ice skating on Tenaya lake...

I dunno. I had fun at KW today. A few runs on bunny and a trip down ditch if doom with the 2 yr old. Over to lap 6, bumped into Franklezz and his lady friend. Groomer was n excellent shape. A few laps on the bumps of 11. Kind of stoked they are not groomed. Lower nose felt wintery, if thin. Finished with a lap down Oly and alleys. Great fun. A bit thin. Gave my skis a few small core shots. Plan to get out the true rock skis and go explore a bit tomorrow. Fun stuff.

I've taken up tele skiing since the snow is lacking... its tough and I enjoy the leg burn, although I'm absolutely terrible its more enjoyable than flying past the hordes of holiday skiers on my alpine skis, for now. The snow was pretty decent at Squaw today and oh man was I sweating balls, no gloves necessary. I'll check out Alpine tomorrow with some buddies sweating off the hangover.

That's the spirit, Actually the groomers aren't all that bad, You learn real quick where the rocks are showing.

^^ i've had fun every day i've skied this year.

that being said, i just extended my holiday trip back east by a week after looking at the forecast.

(i also enjoy everything and anything when at squaw)

very ready for KT season...

happy new year!
    Still waiting...

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    I dunno. I had fun at KW today. A few runs on bunny and a trip down ditch if doom with the 2 yr old. Over to lap 6, bumped into Franklezz and his lady friend. Groomer was n excellent shape. A few laps on the bumps of 11. Kind of stoked they are not groomed. Lower nose felt wintery, if thin. Finished with a lap down Oly and alleys. Great fun. A bit thin. Gave my skis a few small core shots. Plan to get out the true rock skis and go explore a bit tomorrow. Fun stuff.
    Sounds pretty decent been outta town for 2 weeks. Will be there skiing groomers on Saturday with the SL boards.

Dad & Chup,

Thanks much! But it's kinda important that it is the 87 XXL.

Thanks for offering though!
    TELL YOUR BOOBS TO QUIT STARING AT MY EYES!!!1!

Here, I'll help you out:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody Famous View Post
    RENO SUPERMOTO