Page 93 of 113 FirstFirst ... 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,325 of 2821
    I wait to view until I exit this valley. Buffering would take 2 hours.

So the snow comment was in jest mostly. Flurries. But now. Now it is full on snowing. Stoked. Won't need to wait until 9 softens up spring style. Fresh bunny pow in the morning.

edit: And since then, sun, then flurries, then sun, the snow, now mostly clouds. If this were February, it would offer such a nice refresh. With that April sun, I dunno. But bunny should still ski nice.
    Last edited by Ottime; 04-02-2014 at 06:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    If you were at the same mountain not in the basin as me, your idea and my idea of no crowds do not align. It was not horrible, but there were plenty of folks on the hill. Sure,I got fresh tracks all day from when 10 popped until I headed in at 3:45, but I had to work for it. No crowds means no crowds. OTOH, I think I had my best big trees to dogleg run ever. First one in,cold, soft and deep. Snowing right now at 7800'.
    At the OLD Kirkwood you always had to work for it. My mentality has never changed and I prefer the days when the tows are closed. Plus, being a skier makes it possible to get places that would be stupid to get to if you had a snowboard. No real lines, except waiting for first chair on 6 and for 10. I got 3 laps on 6 before we waited for 10. You were already at the front of 10 and did not benefit from all the folks who left the line like I did (22nd chair on 10). To me, no waiting ever {except to open a lift or two}. Lots of Hiking. And FRESH all day = Success. Plus my Timing was spot on yesterday. I am also comparing it against last Sunday. Fun & Stupid busy.
    Last edited by NakedShorts; 04-02-2014 at 07:49 PM.
    I'm cool with this, as long as you Kirkwood Bro Brah's stay away from Heavenly when 88 closes- TahoeBc

One of the best runs in a long long time (yesterday). Ottime dropped a sick cornice line. Was funny that everybody was kind of just standing around and Ottime was like sick. We stopped hiking and did the same. WOW! One of my favorite spots on the mountain. = Missed Conections
    I'm cool with this, as long as you Kirkwood Bro Brah's stay away from Heavenly when 88 closes- TahoeBc

This is outdated, from last Sunday's BC shreds. I think its way more powderific out there now, but it was good Sunday.

https://vimeo.com/m/90825211

Quote Originally Posted by NakedShorts View Post
    One of the best runs in a long long time (yesterday). Ottime dropped a sick cornice line. Was funny that everybody was kind of just standing around and Ottime was like sick. We stopped hiking and did the same. WOW! One of my favorite spots on the mountain. = Missed Conections
    You were part of that? Good times. I stopped mid run to wait, watch and shuffle. That zone was barraged by like ten of you just after I went through. If I had time to pull the camera out it would have been sick with all the powder billowing. Then I went and ollied clean off the top of dogleg feeling confident. Clean and plush. That run is the highlight of the season. So far.

And good points. But I do miss the days of being able to endlessly milk high pali runs. Seems like the lower highway is busier these days. I can recall many a mid week powder days that really seemed empty. But, whatever, twas a great day, and fun things happened.

MashedPotatoes was still having fun at three in the afternoon.

Yep, just stopped and dropped, and then the next time around hit the next little hill and OMG!!!
    Got to love the saddle after it has been closed for a day. 10 was like that too. Some deep shizzile.

palisades are OPEN!
    HERE WE GO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    it's not hard to figure out which traverse tracks were set by low-suck boarders, maybe not on the wall because of major general gape (y'all know how to ride through those tracks, right?), but definitely into the outer sentinel regions. they're not the only users once the track is set, but they still set the initial track
    The real skiers at Squaw never have a problem with traverse lines under the Palisades. "Set the track" blither blather for inbound skiing is nonsense:

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    The real skiers at Squaw...
    o snap, did i strike a nerve?!

If anyone is interested, I posted a Kirkwood report on snowbrains from last weekend...

http://snowbrains.com/spring-supplie...rkwood-033014/

Shit service at Sugar Bowl's repair shop. Went in for a little help and the guy acted like he just couldn't be bothered. Asshole.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Sierra Opens BC Gates for 1st Time This Season

Yesterday SierraAtTahoe opened their BC gates for the first time this season (not deep enough to put in a Cat Track out, until now, apparently).
    Well, gates 1 & 2 yesterday, but they were blasting all the way along the ridge throughout the day, so they should all have opened today.

Through 2 to North Bowl. Deep & soft & fluffy, but we were not sure of terrain (steep & big boulders) so were playing it safe.
    Went back to hit it with more style, but the snow had changed to grippy/funky crap!
    I guess it was Sun/Temp effect? Or maybe just skiing it - stuff tumbled down slope?

It was a little poignant though, in that we heard SaT is closing on 4/21!
    It was gonna close a week earlier, until we got this recent snow.

Cinders & me should be back again on Saturday, and prolly at Heavenly on Sunday.
    Holla, Yo!

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Quote Originally Posted by telemike View Post
    Shit service at Sugar Bowl's repair shop. Went in for a little help and the guy acted like he just couldn't be bothered. Asshole.
    Really? Poor show! Maybe they got their termination dates.

But wait.
    Was it Podium/Finish Line by Judah Lodge (Judah/Jerome lift), or the one by Village Lodge (Disney Lift)?

I have had good service from Podium. There is a short older dude (Willy) who runs/owns it, and a couple of younger guys (maybe tall, red hair)?
    (They were just jealous of your good looks. yo!)

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

West shore beta? I'm guessing below 7500 it's still bony, but is it doable? Hoping to do an early AM tour tomorrow on either Jakes or Tallac. I've seen some pictures and reports (Alpenglow, Jones) from the West shore saying it was great the last two days....., hoping that there isn't a crust on top and that it hasn't gotten too heavy, looks like temps stayed below 30 up top along the entire ridge. Anyone got any first hand experience out there? Has the cross been skied yet?

Anyone heading up to Truckee/n lake from the east bay today? I just got back from cham and need a ride home to help slay all this fresh (hopefully still) snow! I can pay for gas and provided at least an hour of entertainment.

missed the palisades, mainline and granite peak sesh due to stupid work, but still got out and found some snow
    good times

Quote Originally Posted by truckee_splitter View Post
    Has the cross been skied yet?
    Here is how it looked before the last round of storms on March 21, looked challenging to get into at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by telemike View Post
    did you by chance ask for a freebie or a hook up?

Nope. Asked to have some work done, expected to pay retail to avoid having go to the hardware store for epoxy to do it myself in the hotel room. Had a couple screws backing out on one binding. Ended up remounting both skis so I could swap left and right. I'd have gladly paid to just be able to pick them up this morning but....
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Good friend of mine, who works at alpine, told me they are closing on the 14th. I hope this is not true.

A buddy skied the cross a couple of days ago. Said it was good to go. A bit of a bushwack to get to the snow but nothing too bad.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tallac.jpg 
Views:	540 
Size:	95.0 KB 
ID:	153703

Quote Originally Posted by TeleTahoe View Post
    Good friend of mine, who works at alpine, told me they are closing on the 14th. I hope this is not true.
    I'd be surprised if they closed in just 9 days after this wave of storms. Not to mention the 14th is a Monday. Easter is on the 20th so you'd think they'd at least get to there.

Here's some more footage from April fools at Squaw. Pretty mild compared to Brannen's - I'll try to be less of a pussy next season.

Quote Originally Posted by TeleTahoe View Post
    I'll jump on the free alpine bandwagon for sure if they pull some shit like that.

It was snowing pretty hard at Alpine from 2:15 to 3pm when we left the mtn. When we got to SunnySide it was --- sunny.

Hopefully, that snow will last for a couple hours on the mtn.

Quote Originally Posted by BOOGIECHILLIN View Post
    A buddy skied the cross a couple of days ago. Said it was good to go. A bit of a bushwack to get to the snow but nothing too bad.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tallac.jpg 
Views:	540 
Size:	95.0 KB 
ID:	153703
    That looks pretty nice!