Page 82 of 113 FirstFirst ... 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,050 of 2821
    Quote Originally Posted by Driver View Post
    How much snow pack is getting nuked this week? I am concerned for spring touring season. It may start this weekend.
    no worries the wind's been keeping everything nice and bulletproof.

Tahoe Super Pass prices announced: http://www.tahoesuperpass.com/

Gold: 789
    Silver: 559
    Bronze+: 449
    Bronze: 409

Quote Originally Posted by shakyknees View Post
    no worries the wind's been keeping everything nice and bulletproof.
    Just how I like it. Corn cycle is brewing!

WestCoastPDR Guest
    Late tour today up towards stevens. Parked at 1:45pm. Soft snow and no wind. 8-9k held great corn on sunny slopes. First shaded area lead to sunny patch to sunny patch type skiing. Not complaining here. Wife even had a blast.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by chickenmonkey View Post
    Tahoe Super Pass prices announced: http://www.tahoesuperpass.com/

Gold: 789
    Silver: 559
    Bronze+: 449
    Bronze: 409
    Sorry, Bronze+ is 499, not 449.

^^ They're restricting Sierra at Tahoe to only 4 days next year, for gold pass holders. At first I thought, that sucks, but then considering I didn't go there once all season what do I care? 4 days at Sugar Bowl will be nice - a benefit I'll actually use.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    ^^ They're restricting Sierra at Tahoe to only 4 days next year, for gold pass holders. At first I thought, that sucks, but then considering I didn't go there once all season what do I care? 4 days at Sugar Bowl will be nice - a benefit I'll actually use.
    Yeah. I meant to use mine. But I just kept buying buddy tix at KW instead. Cutting the number of SAT tix means nothing to me personally. Interested in SB's pricing before I decide. Can't remember if they do early season tiered pricing or not. Wasn't paying attention before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

SB early season price cutoff is usually Halloween, after that they go up $50. Bonus "core points" for signup by June 1. Passes should go on sale by the end of the month.

Sunday is Bobo's free demo day at Mt. Rose. Lots of manufacturers have reps there.

http://bobos.com/demoday
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Thanks for the beta. How hot did it get today?
    I'm trying to time how BCOD early I need to get out tomorrow - was thinking about that same zone.

Quote Originally Posted by EastCoastPDR View Post
    Late tour today up towards stevens. Parked at 1:45pm. Soft snow and no wind. 8-9k held great corn on sunny slopes.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Alex, Yarrow thermo is reading 54 right now. Up on a boys trip today. Little dude just had his biggest day ever with 11 lift rides and 4k vert. Stoked dad right now.

here's some conditions info from a slt friend (the great pork butt smoker):
    late morning today on east/SE facing red lakes peak: Clouds and wind kept things from thawing too much. some corn was found, but not consistent. 100% snow from peak to car in hope valley.

general out of SLT: The coverage above 7000 feet is adequate. winds during the week have kept things from corning up much and there's a definite rain-crust under a bit of new snow (wind-shifted pockets of "powder"). The crust is skiable, but ugly. speculation that north facing higher altitude may not have received any rain because of elevation, meaning that it could hold soft snow.

Excellent service from the tune (and bike) shop at Donner Lake--don't know the actual name. $30 cash or check only for base flatten and structure and edges, no wax, and he actually checked his work with a true bar.

old raincrust and inconsistent snow? I sure picked the right weekend to leave the board at home and go on skis ()

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

should be made to order corn all weekend...
    Still waiting...

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Excellent service from the tune (and bike) shop at Donner Lake--don't know the actual name. $30 cash or check only for base flatten and structure and edges, no wax, and he actually checked his work with a true bar.
    Greg is great over at Donner lake bike and ski lounge. Winter and summer he provides the perfect service for hardcore riders that are hard on their equipment and but don't need the $60 race tune offered at other shops.
    4 Time Balboa Open Champion

Just waxed the family quiver for a weekend of summer skiing in winter.

And some tender love to mIne...

https://vine.co/v/MbP2iarVMl0

burn baby burn

Quote Originally Posted by TurxSki View Post
    It was cold & windy. But lifts turning. Even 4, and 10 eventually.
    Wind blowing from lookers left to right, and up the slope.
    Most everything was crusty...But Chamois held a bunch of fine blower on skiers right wall!
    Result!!

Bona-fide white-room/hollywood first few times in there. I was well stoked!
    No-one else hitting it for ages (just 'tini, Cin & me).
    It did refill, given time. Hit it a bunch throughout the day.
    Best skiing on the mountain!

Thought one-man chute (backside to frontside) would be good because of wind direction. Not so.
    Tried Ski-School, Mokelumne, Fingers. Skiable, but difficult icy/scrapy. Even Sentinel groomer had icy chunks lying around up top.
    Went up 10. Got a nice run down a lane of blower under AllTheWay. Didn't bother with Eagle Bowl 'cos of wind.
    Sleeper day. Glad we went.
    (There is some vid, but having trouble posting it)
    now with teh video

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    old raincrust and inconsistent snow? I sure picked the right weekend to leave the board at home and go on skis ()
    1) just shut and ski.
    2) it is going to be waaaarm this weekend, so likely things will be more softer.
    3) if not, perfect time to hit the resort and practice, practice, practice.
    4) chair 9 was good to go by 9:30 and we were crushin the terrain park and ditch of doom after snack at 11:30

You be fine. Or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Truckee Joe View Post
    Greg is great over at Donner lake bike and ski lounge. Winter and summer he provides the perfect service for hardcore riders that are hard on their equipment and but don't need the $60 race tune offered at other shops.
    x2. I've had him work on my bike and skis and he does solid work at great prices. Plus, he's one of the nicest, quietly stoked guys I've ever met.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

west of truckee below 8500ft, sunny south and east facing were corned or nicely corning-up by 930 or 10am today. wintery-ish snow (some under a light suncrust) above 8400ft.

get some!

a few pics from yesterday somewhere near kirkwood while i was hunting the elusive wild eastern coyote
    wil. e. coyote at play

thinking they are just dogs, humans will often approach unknowingly

hutchski investigates the cries of a baby eagle in the nest above, oblivious to the danger at her feet

the only way out is down

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kirkwood-281.jpg 
Views:	1769 
Size:	289.5 KB 
ID:	152628   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kirkwood-275.jpg 
Views:	1737 
Size:	309.5 KB 
ID:	152629   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kirkwood-242.jpg 
Views:	1758 
Size:	363.1 KB 
ID:	152630   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kirkwood-359.jpg 
Views:	1692 
Size:	129.7 KB 
ID:	152631   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kirkwood-369.jpg 
Views:	1744 
Size:	258.4 KB 
ID:	152632  

powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    just shut and ski.

You be fine. Or not.
    Wet corn = totally fine. Great slarving on south facing today. East facing was still kind if in transition but fun - could be fantastic tomorrow.

Breakable crust on north facing aprons was not fine.

Jump turning tight coolies was laughable, but fine.

In other words, fine skiing off the 88 today between 8 and 10 thousand feet, with some sunburn and adventure thrown in for good measure.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Ridiculous sale at Start Haus right now. 60% off most stuff. I think it's in store only.
    not counting days 2016-17