Page 94 of 113 FirstFirst ... 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,350 of 2821
    Quote Originally Posted by BOOGIECHILLIN View Post
    A buddy skied the cross a couple of days ago. Said it was good to go. A bit of a bushwack to get to the snow but nothing too bad.Attachment 153703
    Killer, thanks! Entrance looks a little spicy, I guess we'll have to find out the hard way.

A couple images from castle peak yesterday... man it was skiing good!

the skin up, highway 80 and beyond

johnm starts off the day with some nice turns

the north facing terrain looking delicious!

johnm drops into some steep and deep

all in all i would say it was an excellent day!

^^^ Sweet photos. <3 me some Castle BC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Quote Originally Posted by livefreeordie View Post
    the north facing terrain looking delicious!
    sweet! every time i see castle peak i wonder why i've never been there. and every time i see castle peak i can't help but think "both sides dude, everything is going!"
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Hard to believe but it just snowed 5 to 6 inches of cold bLower on Donner Summit, at boreal doing powder laps at 8pm, unreal

Anyone know if SB still offers the one way BC lift ticket for $25?

Quote Originally Posted by truckee_splitter View Post
    Anyone know if SB still offers the one way BC lift ticket for $25?
    Yes.

And jealous of your Boreal night laps right now. Reminds me of many evenings with buddies in HS and early college.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Posting this for two reasons. One, to hook up some Mags. And two, to mess with a competitor of mine and Otto Parts.

The Infiniti dealership in San Rafael (Infiniti of Marin) is hosting a special thing Saturday from 11-1. Get there early. They're giving away a pair of lift tickets to Squaw/Alpine for everyone who test drives an Infiniti. Go take the test drive and get the free tickets. If you like the car, PM me or Otto Parts and we'll make you a better deal (we work at the dealership in Redwood City).
    I'm a cougar, not a MILF! I have to protect my rep! - bklyn

In any case, if you're ever really in this situation make sure you at least bargain in a couple of fluffers.
    -snowsprite

Yeah dumped at SB this afternoon.

Big ups to Sugar Bowl's race team. An excellent two days of racing. They are pulling out all the stops to make this a good event.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1396753012.291453.jpg 
Views:	321 
Size:	198.5 KB 
ID:	153797Castle delivered today. Finally started warming to weird the snow at 1pm. Sleds showed up at 10am and put major work in on all aspects, still plenty out there, it's just got some tracks on it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1396756108.243995.jpg 
Views:	256 
Size:	212.4 KB 
ID:	153798.lots of farming going on

Still some soft stuff up high on the right aspects. Fun emigrant day. On the skin out and across the lake saw literally dozens of people following the leader to west shore with no gear etc, post holing out. Guess it's nothing new. But more than one usually sees.

Is it worth the West shore drive to squaw or should I plan on lots of huckleberry hiking today?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using TGR Forums

Yesterday morning in the Kirkwood sidecountry was pretty rad. North facing steep pow in west shore zone and untracked in Temple of Doom. Snow definitely getting wrecked by the sun more and more each lap. Highlight of the day was skiing sketchy Sushi Roll between Broadway & Boulevard. Left at 1pm...it was fun.

I bet it was good out there. I was so tempted on Tuesday to work my way over to temple, but with the boundary closed... I was then tempted to put the boy back in day care on Wed, but plenty glad we didn't, cause by Thurs he was logging in a 4K day. Super fun. Now I am in Palm Springs and already sweating balls. No snow down here this year. Boo.

I'm guessing I might not make it out to the west shore zone this year at all. At least I finally rode 10 & 4.

Have a couple of squawlpine day passes for sale cheap. Don't think I'll make it to there this season. PM me an offer. Good 7 days a week.

Friday stoke.
    Late, but want to show some love for a few phenomoena
    First, thanks to powdork for loaning me his Kusalas. I know he is itching to get back on snow already and it was very nice of him to let me try some sweet skis.
    Second, Alpine Meadows Friday afternoon. Dumping on top. Helped the Kusalas feel much more at home, with up to 4" by the time the lifts closed and that was on top of some soft areas in the trees. Very nice skiing in Wolverine, Alpine and the Palisades.

PS-two hours of hypersnow and strong winds was enough to build small and fragile windslabs at the top of Wolverine. Remember how quickly wind- and snow-loading can change the danger level in the backcountry and elsewhere.
    Peace.
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

recent activity:

\end @transmission
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blowup-01.png 
Views:	204 
Size:	755.5 KB 
ID:	153852   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gavron-01.jpg 
Views:	204 
Size:	211.5 KB 
ID:	153853  

Good to see some snow out your way

That black and white is NUTS! Great shot the contrast and structure on the snow is awesome. Do you by chance have a photo of the whole face would love to see what that looks like.

Spines? And not the runnel type that powdork gets excited about? Exciting. I imagine that is on the Eastside, but more detail than that I can't fathom. Good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Spines? And not the runnel type that powdork gets excited about? Exciting. I imagine that is on the Eastside, but more detail than that I can't fathom. Good stuff.
    Judging by the pictures, I imagine that is at a ski area about 50 yards from the nearest chairlift.
    “I really lack the words to compliment myself today.” - Alberto Tomba

Some pics from Saturday. We b-lined straight to West Shore from first chair on the Wall. Sun was out in force. I hit Broadway, Boulevard, and Sushi Roll in that order. Down near the bottom of Chair 4, I hit the skiers right main chute on Temple and then returned the next two laps to air over the ice spines in the center zone.

------------------------------------------------------

Slim skis above Broadway on our first lap...

Entrance to Broadway...

First tracks of the center line of Temple of Doom? AND ITS APRIL????

For my third lap I decided to drop into Sushi Roll. Tried to slough off the top layer before the top crux and then made some continuous turns over rock and with slough into Broadway and continued down to Emigrant Lake.

Looks like a fun Saturday.

Found: pair of ski poles with TGR sticker at Incline Peak trail head today. Tell me some of the other stickers and I'll get 'em back in your hands.