Page 41 of 113 FirstFirst ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 2821
    All my buddies have bailed on joining Mrs Liv2ski and I for Presidents week in Tahoe. Hoping for major dumpage 1st week of February so I can tell them na na ne nan er
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

1000" winter!
    Raddest thread on the internets!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

^^^^ THis is just sad. Wanted to post what winter should look like in real mountains. Any tahoe mags want to come ride some 7000ft powder lines in the heart of the alps let me know, I have a couch you can crash on
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC06068.jpg 
Views:	367 
Size:	967.7 KB 
ID:	148960

hey can anyone help me out? I am looking for a place to car camp (hopefully for free) around Northstar, Heavenly, or Kirkwood. I just moved out west and bought a tahoe local pass but dont have anywhere to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by jerney View Post
    hey can anyone help me out? I am looking for a place to car camp (hopefully for free) around Northstar, Heavenly, or Kirkwood. I just moved out west and bought a tahoe local pass but dont have anywhere to stay.
    Check pm

Sent from my DROID4 using TGR Forums
    Snow Flake Killer

Got denied at SB on Monday getting a free uphill pass, although they did point out that you can just head up the side of Judah and it's not a issue. $150 to skin up groomers is way to pricey, no day passes available either. I wonder how this will affect people headed to the Bensen hut, SB is the primary access point via Lincoln.

Quote Originally Posted by truckee_splitter View Post
    Got denied at SB on Monday getting a free uphill pass, although they did point out that you can just head up the side of Judah and it's not a issue. $150 to skin up groomers is way to pricey, no day passes available either. I wonder how this will affect people headed to the Bensen hut, SB is the primary access point via Lincoln.
    My secondary theory is that they are getting ALL of the uphillers from the entire north lake and it really is an issue. Putting a big price tag on the access is a good way to keep the crowds down and potentially get some $ while putting the freebies on notice that they better behave or uphill access could be restricted to them too.
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Here's some stoke pics from Saturday at Kirkwood on the season that...well...here's to February!

Zach's looking good...

SL's but wishing for DH's....

Transferred to the 2nd Gen Moment Tahoes and some 997s to start some Chamoix charging...

Skiing is fun...

Mild.Bill...was pleasantly surprised that he was having a good time...

Sunny chalk in small tree land...

and then over into lower Oops....

Found some pockets of fun in there...

But the most fun line was skier's right side of Lower Oops...

Not many obstacles, wintery snow...

...and a decent pitch

...kind of excited to go back on Sunday...hmmmmm.

Maybe with metal toe pieces this time?

It's super awesome to see people getting out, skiing and riding. It was starting to seem like x-country was the only thing happening around here. I half expected someone to post up to group buy some spandex.

Finding snow in the backcountry right now is like an ancient kung fu ninja skill, only those with great dedication and courage shall succeed.

Name:	eb5.jpg 
Views:	504 
Size:	231.7 KB 
ID:	149032

Name:	eb6.jpg 
Views:	482 
Size:	214.1 KB 
ID:	149033

I aspire to be a ninja master someday...
    True happiness comes from within, the whiteroom.

i had a blast at alpine on sunday and monday.

couldn't believe how many options were available.
    Still waiting...

Looks like the weather dudes finally gave up and admitted the storm two weeks out is a myth and always was.
    With model climatology trying to break down or undercut the ridge again
    and again this season with limited success, will learn towards
    more of the same for now. EK
    Anybody want some snow tires? Brand new, just through the 500 mile break-in. It's almost warm enough to start backpacking...

Agreed that Vailwood is doing well with what they got. Too bad we didn't get another 2-3 feet in November.
    10/01/2012 Site was upgraded to 300 baud.

ok. take 2. this time its not white room theory (haha?)

Just to continue the stoke, Alpine has been a blast lately. Although the stashes are getting tracked and a mean facet layer is starting to form.

^^ I've definitely seen you around. Hard not to recognize that jacket. Alpine is holding up better than I would have expected and props to patrol for letting people hike to that much terrain all things considered. That actually got me excited to get out there again later this week. Time to put some more core shots in the rock skis.

Stoke level rising! Fuck the weather man, it's awesome out. Multi-sport days rule. I've only lived in Tahoe for the last three winters, so I've never even seen 'average', and I'm constantly amazed at how easy it is to get lazy with this easy access to everything. Ski/Ride/MTB/Moto/Sled/Climb/Skate. If you're willing to go out and look, and put in some honest work, Tahoe almost always delivers, and when it doesn't it was probably under perfect sunny sky's and the journey was epic anyway. Now I'm not saying that I won't chase a storm or go ride somewhere else, but we're damn lucky to live and play in this paradise. I fucking love it here!

Congrats to Josh Daiek on 2nd place at the Courmayeur stop of the freeride world tour. South Shore crushing the world.

And here`s a little edit by another local ripper J.J. Schiller

Snow Flake Killer

Stoke level rising! Fuck the weather man, it's awesome out. Multi-sport days rule. I've only lived in Tahoe for the last three winters, so I've never even seen 'average', and I'm constantly amazed at how easy it is to get lazy with this easy access to everything. Ski/Ride/MTB/Moto/Sled/Climb/Skate. If you're willing to go out and look, and put in some honest work, Tahoe almost always delivers, and when it doesn't it was probably under perfect sunny sky's and the journey was epic anyway. Now I'm not saying that I won't chase a storm or go ride somewhere else, but we're damn lucky to live and play in this paradise. I fucking love it here!
    Same here! You forgot epic fishing! The snow is the best it's been all winter with some knee deep transported stashes.

Quote Originally Posted by liketoride View Post
    It's super awesome to see people getting out, skiing and riding. It was starting to seem like x-country was the only thing happening around here. I half expected someone to post up to group buy some spandex.

Finding snow in the backcountry right now is like an ancient kung fu ninja skill, only those with great dedication and courage shall succeed.

Name:	eb5.jpg 
Views:	504 
Size:	231.7 KB 
ID:	149032

Name:	eb6.jpg 
Views:	482 
Size:	214.1 KB 
ID:	149033

I aspire to be a ninja master someday...
    It's not like trying to hunt a moving target. It just sits there. Hundreds of thousands of tons of facets waiting to be ridden.

Quote Originally Posted by liketoride View Post
    It was starting to seem like x-country was the only thing happening around here. I half expected someone to post up to group buy some spandex.
    Dude skating up Mt Lincoln on Sunday was more bad ass than me, spandex and all.

Quote Originally Posted by jerney View Post
    'Nuthon' helped me out with a location around kirkwood, does anyone have any places around Northstar or Heavenly? Also this is my first time to any of these resorts, any suggestions on which to hit first?

I think you can car camp near Boca reservoir, north of I-80, not that far from Northstar.
    It's not my fault you can't telemark.

Check the Sno-Park map as well - there's one just west of SLT and one south of Tahoe City. Also a couple near Kirkwood. $25/season for a pass.

Put a fork in it---------what you are describing is called may-july. This is a one sport time of year. It isn't lazy. You from Utah? Got 3 wives?

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    ^^ I've definitely seen you around. Hard not to recognize that jacket. Alpine is holding up better than I would have expected and props to patrol for letting people hike to that much terrain all things considered. That actually got me excited to get out there again later this week. Time to put some more core shots in the rock skis.
    Many core shots in the rock skis! haha, yeah its awesome how cool patrol has been this year. Basically if you can see it, you can ski it! Say hey if you see me out on the mountain. Always looking for new people to ride with.