Page 25 of 113 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast
    Guys. Clearly a mistake. There exist no temperature below absolute zero. Geez. Skiers.

Great day yesterday at the Wood. Spring temps, wintery snow, and skiing with my kid....hard to beat. We scored first tracks of the year down Timber Creek and I swear we had it all to ourselves for the first hour. They definitely pushed the snow around to get the runs as covered as possible.

I was able to rail 3 laps off of Cornice. Zach's was as variable as I have ever seen it. I do give them credit for opening it though. You can't go off the ridges or over toward Monte's, but you can ski anything from Zach's and as far as you can traverse under Chamoix. Lower Oops is open but definitely a bit hard to charge with not many tracks. Upper Olympic was my favorite as it was wintery, steep, and a bit skied so you could 'try' and avoid the rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalNomad View Post
    Holy fuck it's cold at Sugarbowl right now :P Attachment 146579
    Every man dies. Not every man lives.
    You don’t stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

The wife and I did some late afternoon laps in Sunrise Bowl yesterday...was pleasantly surprised with the conditions. Definitely feel like coverage is suspect and injury risk is high. We were very cautious.

Sent from my phone using TGR Forums
    "I do look like the Arrow shirt man, I did lace up my skates professionally, and I did do a fabulous job finishing my muffin."

Quote Originally Posted by FlakeShredder View Post
    ^^ apologies -- any more recent updates. Is it only sheltered gullies or have the north aspect trees got any love.
    north facing trees are holding some snow, but i would avoid the west facing trees. ps - warning - this video is presented AS IS, so don't come asking for your 4 minutes back.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    north facing trees are holding some snow, but i would avoid the west facing trees. ps - warning - this video is presented AS IS, so don't come asking for your 4 minutes back.
    So far, maybe not a Kusala year. Fingers crossed for 2014.
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Guys. Clearly a mistake. There exist no temperature below absolute zero. Geez. Skiers.
    I believe that Sugarbowl just made a new scientific discovery then. Hope it's not that cold this wednesday when I get in a day before my last final. Might be a bit hard to do essay questions with severe frostbite :P

I can't believe you walked that section in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by Wobby View Post
    Anyone ever been to Red Mountain/Rossland or Whitewater/Nelson? My girlfriend and I are ditching this Tahoe weather crunk and cruising up there to check out their snowpack.
    This is another longshot, but just wondering if anyone knows any cheap places to stay or how to get cheap-ish tickets to shred.
    I am also giving strong consideration to this. The main area I'm looking at to cut costs is transportation. I'd rather not rent an SUV at $100 a day for a week and a half, but have yet to discover any other options.

I'll pm you and maybe we can share info.

Thanks for the intel powdork. How are those skiis looking post sortie?

I decide to keep it inbounds and braved the weekend crowds at heavenly (first time in 3 years). Surprised on the coverage, ridiculousness level of signage and patrol, and then crushed blues all day. Gone until Jan 3 -- it means you guys will get some big storms over the holidays.

Alpine was skiing nice on Sunday. Summit was open, and the Palisades and D Chutes were soft, wintry bumbs. Reminded me of early season in Colorado - except it was warm and sunny. Lift lines were minimal and mellow in the morning, and non-existent in the afternoon.

East winds scraped the ridge lines pretty hard. Looking pretty bleak for the foreseeable future, but definitely worth the trek to shake down the gear and the body.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1273.jpg 
Views:	391 
Size:	1.33 MB 
ID:	146651

Name:	IMG_1276.jpg 
Views:	351 
Size:	1.35 MB 
ID:	146652

Name:	IMG_1278.jpg 
Views:	368 
Size:	1.48 MB 
ID:	146653

Name:	IMG_1280.jpg 
Views:	356 
Size:	1.49 MB 
ID:	146654

Some pics of Kirkwood last Saturday:

First tracks down Chair 7...

Air time on the SUPERPARK!

Zach's at 1pm...

Get there early to ski this one...

Ridge's were closed...

Patrol trying to make a traverse over to Olympic...

Lower Oops n Poops now open...

Tahoe 2013: Fuck My Skins, Fuck My Skis Edition

The skins are tough. Nacho ate the tail clips off them (and the last inch of skin on one) 2 years ago and they were probably three years old at that point.
    The skis are even tougher.

Funny is at 3:05. He was completely stuck by the cattle grate for a good 30 seconds before I turned the camera on despite going around it on bike rides all summer long.

Who's stoked for another month of high pressure! I wish it would warm up a little more so I could go back to riding my bike

Im driving a car back to CA from Denver at the end of this month, I should be able to bring some winter back with me.

(Any tips on places to crash in/around Park City?)

A Few Bumps...

Quote Originally Posted by skier666 View Post
    Spring temps, wintery snow...
    Yep, that sounds right...but it was also crowded at NoStars.
    The (groomer) snow was damn good for a WROD.
    Hardly any "icy" patches. Bombed Burnout & Drifter a bunch, but watch out for all those peeps!!
    Was happy to see that Village Run had coverage, so you could ski back down. Hate downloading.
    Saw there were some bumps forming at the side on the way down from Comstock, but too late as we were heading back.

I see they have Lookout Lift open now, with one groomer over there by the Glades.
    Will prolly head back there on Saturday, rather than Squaw...

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

If anyone had any ice beta, would anyone be so inclined as to share it via PM???

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

All ya gotta do is divert water over Snowshed Wall...

oh wait

That didn't go over so well last time, did it?
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by telemike View Post
    All ya gotta do is divert water over Snowshed Wall...

oh wait

That didn't go over so well last time, did it?
    I'm not familiar with that one. Do tell.

cascade falls is in
    http://www.mountainproject.com/v/loo...r/108449568__3

there's also a tahoe/sierra ice climbing thread on the supertaco but it's down currently so i can't grab the link. i'm guessing eagle lake cliffs have options

It's going to snow in the next 7 days.

You heard it here first!
    TELL YOUR BOOBS TO QUIT STARING AT MY EYES!!!1!

Here, I'll help you out:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody Famous View Post
    RENO SUPERMOTO

Quote Originally Posted by RaccoonFace View Post
    It's going to snow in the next 7 days.

You heard it here first!
    Yeah, all of 1-3 inches. Better than nothing though.

latest guidance suggests 2-5 inches in the sierra around tahoe which is slightly better than better than nothing

You know it's bad when the only 2 storms we've had in the last 3 weeks produced more in Reno than Squaw. (that's including tonights)

The Sierra are cursed.