Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Mmmmmm........peaches...

I have a metric shit-ton of peaches courtesy of a race dad friend who has an organic pharm down in the valley along the Tuolumne River.

We loves peaches.

Dried peaches
    Canned peaches
    Frozen peaches
    Peach jam
    Peach honey

Whiskey fried peaches with vanilla ice cream!
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Heard this one on the radio a couple weeks ago.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Quote Originally Posted by telemike View Post
    Whiskey fried peaches with vanilla ice cream!

I did Cinnamon Grilled Peaches with Red Stag instead of rum. Delicious, Peach cherry cinnamon goodness drizzled over vanilla bean ice cream.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    We can tell you think you're awesome- it's pretty obvious. I love it when you try to convince us all too, It's like a tripped out Willy Wonka boat trip across the galaxy of fail you call an existence and it is indeed awesome to watch. I mean, your fail is so dense it has become a "black hole of fail" that has a gravitational pull strong enough to attract the fail of others, hence the "dating sucks" thread scenario.

wonder if Beaver knows about some peaches?
    eat em
    bF

My mom tells a story about one of my kids commenting after picking and eating a peach that the "outside smells just like the inside". One of life's simple pleasures during summertime. Got some at the farmers market yesterday as a matter of fact.

Peaches have been hit or miss on the EC this season. Generally, I like to let them sit on the sill for a few days to ripen, but quite a few of them end up with a dry mushy consistency. heavy spring rains might have been the reason for that. Jersey peaches are generally outstanding.
    Silent....but shredly.

Quote Originally Posted by Moeghoul View Post
    Peaches have been hit or miss on the EC this season. Generally, I like to let them sit on the sill for a few days to ripen, but quite a few of them end up with a dry mushy consistency. heavy spring rains might have been the reason for that. Jersey peaches are generally outstanding.
    I'll agree, a little hit or miss, but I've had some awesome ones this year in the dirty Jersey. I've had a couple that are kind of gritty, but since then I've just been feeling them out.

We've been eating a lot of grilled peaches for dessert. Just cut them in half, spray the inside with some PAM and toss them face down on the grill for a couple minutes - Really good if you throw some cinnamon sugar butter and/or whipped cream on top.

1 Stick butter softened
    1 tsp cinnamon
    2 tsp sugar
    pinch of salt

Mix together. Make sure butter is room temp when putting it on the grilled peach.
    I wear crocs for the style, not the comfort.

Call me a pervert, but I was hoping to see the other kind of yummy peaches upinhere.

we made peach ice cream at the creamery this morning.
    little old ladies, peeled peaches for eight hours yesterday.
    it's so fucking good!
    http://www.walpolecreamery.com/
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by Grape_Ape View Post
    Call me a pervert, but I was hoping to see the other kind of yummy peaches upinhere.
    Wrong thread. Try the warm apple pie thread.

Can one of you peach experts explain to me how to tell the visual difference (without cutting them open) between free stone and cling versions? My grocery store just calls them "peaches." I prefer the free stone versions because they are not so messy to cut up. Am I missing something by not preferring the clings?

Absolutely grill those fuckers. Sprinkle a little cajun seasoning on the grilled face when they're hot, and eat them with a nice grilled pork chop. SO GOOD!

the peaches in town this year are stellar!
    been eating a ton of these bad boys.
    saturn peaches. white flesh, sweet and easy to eat.
    so good.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Protect your Peaches!

Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post

Heard this one on the radio a couple weeks ago.
    cant believe believe those guys are going to be a one hit wonder, that whole albums great; but then my 2 favorite groups are throwing muses and ani lorak; so i'm not quite mainstream.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

Just got a case in Palisade. Mighty fine.
    DNC: The party of gays, gungrabbers, wets, welfare queens, babykillers and ambulance chasers.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end.

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Just got a case in Palisade. Mighty fine.
    Palisade (CO) peaches are almost as good as (CA) Yahi peaches.

If any central CA Mags are interested, I might be able to hook you up with Kline-Cushing. Almost gone.

with many thanks to SCUTSKI...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tumblr_mr2ccsZPHS1rfwyd0o1_1280.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	496.0 KB 
ID:	140449

Summertime is the best time for fruit but don’t limit that shit to only dessert. Grill up whateverthefuck looks good and throw it in a salad or on some grains. I tossed peaches in with some soy sauce and noodles because I just don’t give a fuck. That shit was delicious and I had leftovers for days. FUCK SHARING.

GRILLED CHINESE FIVE SPICE PEACHES WITH COLD NOODLES

12 ounces of dried thin noodles (You can use whatever you can find: Chinese egg noodles, spaghetti, or even udon)

¼ cup water

2 tablespoons lemon juice

2 tablespoons rice vinegar

1 ½ tablespoons soy sauce or tamari

1 ½ tablespoons toasted sesame oil

1 inch piece of fresh ginger (scrap the skin off with a spoon)

FOR THE PEACHES:

2 fist sized peaches, ripe but not super soft

1 tablespoon neutral tasting oil (I used grape seed)

1 tablespoon lemon juice

2 teaspoons Chinese Five Spice powder (Most grocery stores carry this shit. If you can’t find it or too fucking busy to look, just substitute with a little bit cinnamon and pepper on the peaches. It ain’t the same but it will do)

a pinch of salt

½ - ¾ cup chopped watercress (If your store doesn’t have it, don’t fucking waste your time running around town. Just grab arugula, spinach, or even green onions would work)

I don’t know what the fuck noodles you chose, so just cook that shit according the package directions. While that’s going, chop up the ginger into really small pieces so that you end up with 2 ½ tablespoons. Add the water, lemon juice, vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, and ginger to a small glass and mix that shit up. When the noodles are done cooking, drain them and rinse with cold water.

Chop up the peaches into slices no bigger than an inch. You can leave the skin on because everybody needs more fiber in their fucking diet. I got about 12 slices out of each of my peaches. In a large bowl, mix together the oil, lemon juice, Chinese Five Spice powder, and salt. Throw the sliced peaches in there and make sure they get covered in that spice blend shit.

Bring your grill to a medium-high heat and spray it with a little oil so the peaches don’t stick. Place the peaches on there for 45 seconds or so on each side. You don’t need to cook them, you just want some char marks on there because that looks pro. Grilling them also caramelizes the natural sugars in those motherfuckers making them slightly sweeter. Toss the noodles with the sauce you already made and add the watercress. Pile the grilled peaches on top and serve.

Serves 4-6 or 1 with some enviable leftovers

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    Absolutely grill those fuckers. Sprinkle a little cajun seasoning on the grilled face when they're hot, and eat them with a nice grilled pork chop. SO GOOD!
    Absolutely. What I've done is grill them in halves face down, layer crumbled goat cheese on top and then drizzle some really good reduced balsamic vinegar on top. Fresh ground pepper on top too.

Quote Originally Posted by ICEHOCEY77 View Post
    SC > GA Peaches
    I threw this out in some other thread a while back. I've been conducting my own very scientific tests buying both varietals from Whole Food and Farmer's markets all summer.

My consensus so far is that some peaches I got from Cooley Springs, SC were the best. They taste like there's almost cinnamon in them. Unlike anything I've ever tasted.
    I still call it The Jake.

Cinnamon eh? That's a new one. But that's a solid area for peaches. Just picked up a 1/2 basket today. Some of the biggest peaches I've ever seen in my life.

^^^
    Yeah it's nuts. I actually had another after posting before and there is definitely some kind of spice flavor to them clove or cinnamon; I wonder what kind of flowers or trees are in the area that help give em this fucking unbelievable flavor.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by telemike View Post
    Palisade (CO) peaches are almost as good as (CA) Yahi peaches.

If any central CA Mags are interested, I might be able to hook you up with Kline-Cushing. Almost gone.
    Heading up to Yosemite from the bay tomorrow. Know where there's any peaches near the open roads? 108 looks like a viable option.
    10/01/2012 Site was upgraded to 300 baud.

Except 120 is closed....