Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    "I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die"

- Johnny Cash
    Cash recounted how he came up with the line "I shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die": "I sat with my pen in my hand, trying to think up the worst reason a person could have for killing another person, and that's what came to mind

He wrote the lyrics, but that is not "him", so quit fucking shit up!
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

"I Took the high road...."

This comment makes me think that the world is going to hell in a hand basket.

Didnt white folk used to round up blacks, torture em', string em' up in trees, hang them, and burn them....for fun, too?

Like...a LOT?

Not defending anything, just putting this in context.

That was back when 'it was a simpler, safer time', of course.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Didnt white folk used to round up blacks, torture em', string em' up in trees, hang them, and burn them....for fun, too?

Like...a LOT?

Not defending anything, just putting this in context.

That was back when 'it was a simpler, safer time', of course.
    Seems like we're turning into something better:

to

When life gives you haters, make haterade.

Exactly.

So being ignorant fucks back then justifies being ignorant fucks today?

Not remotely...but go ahead and read the thread title again if you want to know what we are talking about....

So enlighten me, what are we turning in to?

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TomCrac View Post
    I'm turning into a Pekingese.

Just a lil longer and those kids coulda joined some armed forces and kilt just about anything that moves... for?

Quote Originally Posted by FrankZappa View Post
    Just a lil longer and those kids coulda joined some armed forces and kilt just about anything that moves... for?
    The corporate interest.

The kids in question are dumber than fuck and it's too bad we have to waste resources beyond the cost of a bullet once they're found guilty. They couldn't think of anything better to do than kill someone, and then they couldn't figure out how to pull it off without getting caught. If they're allowed to live they should at least be sterilized, the world needs less stupid genes.

As for what are we becoming? I'm hoping slightly more enlightened. My generation and younger seems to be pretty accepting of people of different races and cultures. The only really racist or bigoted crap I've encountered in recent memory has come from older people.
    ...Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain...

"I enjoy skinny skiing, bullfights on acid..." - Lacy Underalls

The problems we face will not be solved by the minds that created them.

I wonder what role the wigger played.

To be fair... Oklahoma is pretty fucking boring.
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Thrill kill is nothing new:

http://history1900s.about.com/od/192...opold-Loeb.htm

Sucks . . .

"I Took the high road...."

This comment makes me think that the world is going to hell in a hand basket.
    You must be from Oklahoma
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

As many have said, things were a lot worst in the past. There is a reason the US has a gun culture, our days of expansion across the West were brutal. Let's not even get into the wars in Europe and the Middle East since the dawn of time.

That being said, the latest fad to take the lives of as many children as possible with high powered rifles and the like is particularly disturbing to me. Don't know what to think about that.
    Education must be the answer, we've tried ignorance and it doesn't work!

Quote Originally Posted by Rip'nStick View Post
    As many have said, things were a lot worst in the past. There is a reason the US has a gun culture, our days of expansion across the West were brutal. Let's not even get into the wars in Europe and the Middle East since the dawn of time.

That being said, the latest fad to take the lives of as many children as possible with high powered rifles and the like is particularly disturbing to me. Don't know what to think about that.
    dont know about that. it seems that places that welcome guns to responsible owners, things have gotten better

#1 Over the past 20 years, gun sales have absolutely exploded, but homicides with firearms are down 39 percent during that time and “other crimes with firearms” are down 69 percent.

#6 The violent crime rate in the United States actually fell from 757.7 per 100,000 in 1992 to 386.3 per 100,000 in 2011. During that same time period, the murder rate fell from 9.3 per 100,000 to 4.7 per 100,000.

#17 After the city of Kennesaw, Georgia passed a law requiring every home to have a gun, the crime rate dropped by more than 50 percent over the course of the next 23 years and there was an 89% decline in burglaries.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/2013/08/m...make-us-safer/

and places that treat guns like poison have gotten worse

#15 Down in Australia, gun murders increased by about 19 percent and armed robberies increased by about 69 percent after a gun ban was instituted.

#16 The city of Chicago has some of the strictest gun laws in the United States. So has this reduced crime? Of course not. As I wrote about recently, the murder rate in Chicago was about 17 percent higher in 2012 than it was in 2011, and Chicago is now considered to be “the deadliest global city“. If you can believe it, there were about as many murders in Chicago during 2012 as there was in the entire nation of Japan.

imo, some teenage boys will just get in trouble. unfortunately vandalism and throwing rocks at cars turning into violence against others is a reflection of the culture. how many rap songs talk about killling vs. van halen or the beatles ?
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

Well once they get out of jail; I'm sure they can find gainful employment with one of the many military contractors outsourced to support our empire.

Then you can take your outrage and turn it into joy at the thought of good ol' American boys advancing our interests overseas for God and Country. After all there is no outrage over the pile of corpses caused by American foreign policy.

But seriously, we live in an incredibly violent society. Why would a few random thrill kills set you off? Of all the things to get upset about you chose this. Is it because of the statistical anomaly of black perps and a white victim? There is so much random, senseless violence, much it funded with our tax dollars to get upset about, that you getting upset over this makes me wonder what we are coming to.

Quote Originally Posted by LightRanger View Post
    Meh. It's always been this bad, you just didn't hear about it as much because of media inundation.

I have yet to have kids, but we're sure as fuck not going to refer to our future kids hanging out with their friends as "play dates."
    Lol...yeah you will.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiCougar View Post
    dont know about that. it seems that places that welcome guns to responsible owners, things have gotten better

#1 Over the past 20 years, gun sales have absolutely exploded, but homicides with firearms are down 39 percent during that time and “other crimes with firearms” are down 69 percent.

#6 The violent crime rate in the United States actually fell from 757.7 per 100,000 in 1992 to 386.3 per 100,000 in 2011. During that same time period, the murder rate fell from 9.3 per 100,000 to 4.7 per 100,000.

#17 After the city of Kennesaw, Georgia passed a law requiring every home to have a gun, the crime rate dropped by more than 50 percent over the course of the next 23 years and there was an 89% decline in burglaries.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/2013/08/m...make-us-safer/

and places that treat guns like poison have gotten worse

#15 Down in Australia, gun murders increased by about 19 percent and armed robberies increased by about 69 percent after a gun ban was instituted.

#16 The city of Chicago has some of the strictest gun laws in the United States. So has this reduced crime? Of course not. As I wrote about recently, the murder rate in Chicago was about 17 percent higher in 2012 than it was in 2011, and Chicago is now considered to be “the deadliest global city“. If you can believe it, there were about as many murders in Chicago during 2012 as there was in the entire nation of Japan.

imo, some teenage boys will just get in trouble. unfortunately vandalism and throwing rocks at cars turning into violence against others is a reflection of the culture. how many rap songs talk about killling vs. van halen or the beatles ?

*LIKE*

A less violent country than we used to be?

Quote Originally Posted by hortence View Post
    Well once they get out of jail; I'm sure they can find gainful employment with one of the many military contractors outsourced to support our empire....
    Gainful employment? .... I'm sure there will be an opening waiting for them at Columbia U.

Still waiting to see this story on major TV news network...

Waiting...

Waiting...

Now if the races had been reversed...

???
    Gravity. It's the law.

^^^
    Read an account of an exchange between the White House deputy press secretary and White House correspondent for Fox (feel free to foam at the mouth retards at the mention of fox, it's just who happened to ask the guy, fwiw) today where the deputy press sec was asked if the WH was going to comment on this murder.

Dep. p.s. was "not familiar" with it, but after it was explained to him he mentioned that it sounded tragic and that the WH prefers to not comment on things when there is a legal proceeding going on.

What? I guess if you can't use a story as a divisive issue or to rally the hate between the teams (both sides asshats) then there's no use in weighing in on it. Sad state of affairs we live with I guess.
    I still call it The Jake.