Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    And, on top of it all, you can actually own real firearms in VT. Without a special license, permit or registration.

I actually already looked that up, and I can transport from VT to ME with no issues!

Thinking .22LR 1911 knockoff to start, I have some accuracy issues I want to work out.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    We can tell you think you're awesome- it's pretty obvious. I love it when you try to convince us all too, It's like a tripped out Willy Wonka boat trip across the galaxy of fail you call an existence and it is indeed awesome to watch. I mean, your fail is so dense it has become a "black hole of fail" that has a gravitational pull strong enough to attract the fail of others, hence the "dating sucks" thread scenario.

You can always fall back on chubby pink stoner girls if that doesn't work out for you.

jgb@etree Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by krp8128 View Post
    Thinking .22LR 1911 knockoff to start, I have some accuracy issues I want to work out.
    He said 'real' firearms

Congrats! Hope to see you at Magic a lot this year! Early season pass sales end in early October.

Sounds like a good move w/ the job situation. Congrats.
    welcome to the hood! (I'm actually in SW NH, but drive through bennington once in a while, mostly ski so. vt.)

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    that's nuts. Why drive 2 1/2 hours when Magic is 45 minutes and Killington is 1 1/2 hours?
    Because you can get off the single and ski trees on interesting terrain right to the bottom? Because you don't have to deal with snowguns blowing in your face? Because Outer Limits is lame and boring?

Quote Originally Posted by hortence View Post
    Because Outer Limits is lame and boring?
    Not if you're on Hart F17's and have a helmet with integrated earphones pumping out Run DMC- Its Tricky.

I'm guessing he'll visit Bush/MRG more than once (you know, when it actually snows), but I wouldn't recommend a season pass unless one likes driving north through Vermont forever to get there. And back.

I spent two awesome years there in the mid 90s so my info is way out of date but I really loved it there. I didn't alpine ski or mountain bike at the time but the Nordic skiing and trail running was super fun. I would imagine the gravel road riding could be epic. We rented an apartment on the grounds of a historic mansion in North B which was absolutely lovely. Very fond memories.

jgb@etree Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Not if you're on Hart F17's and have a helmet with integrated earphones pumping out Run DMC- Its Tricky.
    I LOL'd. I prefer bumping it out to Peter Piper, but to each his own. Raising Hell is an amazing album.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    I'm guessing he'll visit Bush/MRG more than once (you know, when it actually snows), but I wouldn't recommend a season pass unless one likes driving north through Vermont forever to get there. And back.
    That was what I meant. Not that he should never drive up there to ski, just that committing to a pass is nuts.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Guys, I appreciate all the skiing advice, lets find me a place to live first, okay?

Anyone know of any nice places in the area (Paging Philth)? Ideally will have at least a 1 car garage...
    We can tell you think you're awesome- it's pretty obvious. I love it when you try to convince us all too, It's like a tripped out Willy Wonka boat trip across the galaxy of fail you call an existence and it is indeed awesome to watch. I mean, your fail is so dense it has become a "black hole of fail" that has a gravitational pull strong enough to attract the fail of others, hence the "dating sucks" thread scenario.

Ideally will have at least a 1 car garage...
    ...There are better places to set up a lab than the garage.

Guys, I appreciate all the skiing advice, lets find me a place to live first, okay?
    Duh, that's easy. Your car. Much faster/easier to go skiing that way.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Too bad this is all the way in Burlington, talk about 2 birds 1 stone:

http://burlington.craigslist.org/hou/4010066847.html

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    That was what I meant. Not that he should never drive up there to ski, just that committing to a pass is nuts.
    Except that they have a deal for 20-somethings that's like $300 early season, and some people don't consider two hours to ski that much of a big deal. Like (number out of ass).... 75 percent of skiers in America. And there are actually like ten thousand people that buy that pass and seem to have their own sort of social thing going on so you wouldn't have to hang out with that bitter old crank DoWork all the time.

Nothing wrong with K, Bromley, Magic, or just skinning all winter... just my two cents.

Have you considered commuting to work from Waitsfield?

j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Geez, Castleton is cheap these days. Ten minutes from a lake big enough for boating, hour from work, 1:30 from Sugarbush...did I mention Castleton is a college town?

(only somewhat joking)

Quote Originally Posted by 365wp View Post
    Geez, Castleton is cheap these days. Ten minutes from a lake big enough for boating, hour from work, 1:30 from Sugarbush...did I mention Castleton is a college town?

(only somewhat joking)
    Money pit.

This sounds like an aging pink, stoner girl with some heft and history going on: http://burlington.craigslist.org/roo/4017087699.html

Quote Originally Posted by 365wp View Post

(only somewhat joking)
    Christ, you're right. This one had a ton of work done on it. Holy shit, Vermont can be cheap. High taxes, though.

Damn, that place is a half hour to Killington.

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/86...12325742_zpid/

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Christ, you're right. This one had a ton of work done on it. Holy shit, Vermont can be cheap. High taxes, though.

Damn, that place is a half hour to Killington.

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/86...12325742_zpid/
    All it needs is a lemonade stand in front.

You have to call call the craiglist hippy farmer chick.

Quote Originally Posted by Chugach001 View Post
    You have to call call the craiglist hippy farmer chick.
    Need TR w/ pics.

Could make for an interesting trip next week....

BUMP.

Having trouble finding digs, anyone local have any suggestions, i.e. rental companies, random "for rent" signs or something better then craigslist?

jgb@etree Guest

You checked Bennington Banner, Manchester Journal, etc.?

http://southernvermontmarketplace.ka...ntal-sale/775/

Also, you're 5 hrs away or so, take a ride over there during the week drive around a bit--there are smaller towns like Arlington, etc. that may have places listed on bulletin boards in the local town convenience stores, grocery stores, etc.