Phone tech, how to get a free unlock code...?

Hey,

I have been spending way too much time on the internet looking for a unlock code for my Samsung Galaxy s2, yet I still can't find anything.
    I don't really mind paying a little if I have to, but all the sites look dodgy as fuck so I don't wanna put my card details in.

Does anyone know how to get a unlock code for free? Come on I know there are plenty of nerdy dentists on here!

Thanks

I don't know about that phone in particular, but I have unlocked a couple of Android GSM phones by getting codes from ebay sellers for about US $3. You get to see the seller's feedback and they don't see your card info, just paypal.

Don't know how every company is, but I just got my T-Mobile phones unlocked directly through them. Really easy and FREE. Just call your carrier's technical support line and see if they'll hook you up. No need to pay some shady eBay guy if you don't need to.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    Don't know how every company is, but I just got my T-Mobile phones unlocked directly through them. Really easy and FREE. Just call your carrier's technical support line and see if they'll hook you up. No need to pay some shady eBay guy if you don't need to.

This. You'll have better chances if youve had a contract for a while, and some phones will only work on certain networks. I was recently over in italy and Verizon was willing to unlock my galaxy nexus for free but said it wouldn't work on whatever network type they use over there, I forget.

Quote Originally Posted by RDH.. View Post
    This. You'll have better chances if youve had a contract for a while, and some phones will only work on certain networks. I was recently over in italy and Verizon was willing to unlock my galaxy nexus for free but said it wouldn't work on whatever network type they use over there, I forget.
    Thus, the beauty of a GSM phone (TMO/ATT) vs CDMA (Verizon/Sprint). However, SOME phones have both, which would rock for you world travelers. When I had Sprint back in the day, the only places I remember my phone working was Korea, some parts of Japan (like Tokyo), and ummm...that's about it. My buddies with ATT phones would be able to work pretty much around the entire globe. I'm sure CDMA works in a few more countries since I was traveling like that, but the list still pales in comparison to countries with GSM.

got it sorted, thanks for the advice guys.

Quote Originally Posted by rob stokes View Post
    Hey,

I have been spending way too much time on the internet looking for a unlock code for my Samsung Galaxy s2, yet I still can't find anything.
    I don't really mind paying a little if I have to, but all the sites look dodgy as fuck so I don't wanna put my card details in.

Does anyone know how to get a unlock code for free? Come on I know there are plenty of nerdy dentists on here!

Thanks
    I am not aware of a free unlock for the mobile model that you have specified.I suggest you can approach Superunlockcodes.com and specify the country,locked network of Samsung Galaxy S2.Based on the availability you can get the unlock code at low cost along with free instructions.I used their unlock service hence guarantee their reliability.