Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by milmac View Post
    Thanks for the intel ich! Anything around solider Mtn or bogus for skiing yet? Sounds like it's not in yet for a mellow tour.

Looks like eagle bike park has some solid downhill/ single track.

Thanks again.
    You're welcome my friend, anything for a fellow brother on two! It helps keep the stoke alive.

The backside of eagle bike park can get pretty serious depending on what you want to ride but nothing on the technical side that's too difficult for most folks if you stay away from the expert stuff.

The single track is pretty legitimate most of the time barring heavy rain/melt wash out. Most of the year it's maintained by S.W.I.M.B.A. One can get by on anything here from a properly set up cross country bike [130mm of travel recommend] to an enduro or DH rig easily also. It even has a fun little skills course too.

One of my personal favorites here is a climb to the highest point and ripping back down the east side this ultimately takes you down to the Eagle Veterans Memorial Cemetery. You will have a short but steep climb out before you're greeted once again with some rewarding single track downhill that ends at the cemetery. Then you'll just follow the road back up to the parking lot after exiting the cemetery.

If you're up for some even better DH/single track and hitting some nice little huckers at speed and a little technical rocky stuff too [nothing very sketchy] I suggest this
    https://www.mtbproject.com/trail/594344 It's one of only a few of the linked trail systems that I'll ride in the lower foothills area. The better stuff is up higher.

As eagleskier has stated Bogus is not too promising atm but looking better storm by storm. As for the Soldier Mnt. area you'll have to get past the resort and into the BC a bit before anything promising starts to happen. This will be taking you a bit out of the Boise area for sure so keep that in mind. Anything deeper into the Sawtooth range is always better of course. Cheers brother!

There's snow up high. I don't konw anyone who has gone out yet. Was going to do it today, but decided to fish instead. If you wanted to attempt something, I'd just go poach some trails around Bogus. From the nordic ski center it's a couple miles or so up to More's Mountain, where you can ski some pretty obvious lines, or, depending on ongoing work, just hit the piste.
    "Judge me by the enemies I have made." -FDR

Quote Originally Posted by milmac View Post
    Thanks for the intel ich! Anything around solider Mtn or bogus for skiing yet? Sounds like it's not in yet for a mellow tour.

Looks like eagle bike park has some solid downhill/ single track.

Thanks again.
    @milmac how was your stay, did you enjoy yourself?

Is there enough snow to tour right now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I suggest we do more airmchair QBing with no facts except as stated in the article.

Quote Originally Posted by skibum93 View Post
    Is there enough snow to tour right now?
    There is, but it is pretty thin in most places. I saw a recent report that showed guys getting turns in on Pilots in the Mores Creek Summit area. I know that there is some decent touring in the West Central mtns around McCall. I have been out in the Banner Summit area, (Copper) and there is decent coverage up there. Big Creek has also seen some successful tours.
    I went up in the Dry Creek area below Bogus Basin a couple of weeks ago and put the skins on. Did some touring with the lab pup, but never left the "logging road" trails. I don't think it has improved any since then.

Anyone have a room for rent with a 3month lease starting Mid-February?

I have a 3 month internship with the possibility of continued employment (I can show proof of employment), and am looking for a private room with cool roommates.
    24 Male, I keep it chill (no weeds or alcohol benders), know how to be a clean roommate, and Iove being outside (super excited to explore Mores Summit Creek and Banner Summit zones)

My internship is in downtown, so preference for a place in NE Boise, but I'm flexible.
    10'x10' room would be ideal.
    I'll be in Boise starting the 12th and could meet any day in the evenings to meet and greet.

Please shoot me a PM if you or a buddy has a room to rent.
    I suggest we do more airmchair QBing with no facts except as stated in the article.

Bump for housing!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Bump for 2018-2019 season. I'm a Cascade skier heading to Sun Valley (Galena Lodge to be precise) over MLK Weekend and looking for partners on Sunday, Jan 20.

Quote Originally Posted by skibum93 View Post
    Bump for housing!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Are you going up to Brundage tomorrow?