Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by systemoverblow'd View Post
    But you're a snowboarder... tell us what you think about Clickers?
    Well, the first time I was 'trying' to pull a big 360 in a superpipe, the clicker (which is/was manufactured by Shimano for k2) decided it would terminate our relationship (rear foot) at about degree 270.

I haven't touched them since (this musta been 94' or 5')

There you have it.

Shut the fuck up about the fucking clickers. End.

Ok, ok!
    Enough about the Clickers!

How bout the Switch system?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Switch-snowb...item4175dba1e9

Good for vintage rc car parts and vintage bike parts. But as others have said, know what you want, watch for it, and be ready to pounce. If you know others are after it, snipe it.
    sigless.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    vintage rc car parts
    There's a niche market if there ever was one.

Down the valley a bit further on the good side of the 49th
    I agree ebay now sucks and is almost useless to sell on. The paypal/ebay monopoly sucks too and they withold funds even with a 100% feedback of 50 or so transactions and easily over 10 years history on there. Buyers have the power and will abuse it. I still buy some stuff when I want cheap crap or locate hard to find items but selling blows now.
    It's not so much the model year, it's the high mileage or meterage to keep the youth of Canada happy

Not to mention sellers aren't allowed to give negative feedback anymore. It's fucking lame. Scammers paradise now.
    this^

and they're trying to lure foreign buyers and sellers to the US site and those fukkers don't pay

also you still cant print foreign shipping postage without having Java 7 or something that only the newest of new computers can even download.

i had two overseas buyers not pay and i put in unpaid item action on both to no avail

one domestic buyer backed out said he thought item was something else What? WTF?
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    There's a niche market if there ever was one.
    Yeah but the old Kyosho shit was cool as hell. And my wife only gives me shit about driving 20+ yo real cars, not rc ones.

As for parts for those real cars, the specialty forum has destroyed ebay for that purpose. I use mr2oc.com for the (gasp) mr2, r3v for the e30, and ih8mud for the cruiser.
    sigless.

Quote Originally Posted by Flexon Phil View Post
    You do realize that Ebay owns a percentage of Craigslist?
    Yes .... My take ... So feebay is getting some major competition from Craigs .... Lets buy them up and control the market.

Oh, and just to stay off topic .... I heard that cyclists are turning back to toe straps because its a superior system to the click ins and there is no room for two technologies .... What's next, strap in bindings for skiers?

That analogy doesn't quite work, due to the dynamics of the boot/foot interface.

Slight drift: Anybody sell CDs/LPs on Discogs? Is it full of scammers like eBay?

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    That analogy doesn't quite work, due to the dynamics of the boot/foot interface.
    Yeah ... If ski boots were lace ups and the bindings were strap ons and then someone tried to be silly and put the stiffness in to the boot and developed some kind of "click/step" in binding .... Yeah, you're right, that wouldn't quite work

Well, bike shoes constrain your foot below the ankle, and boots above. They never really perfected a snowboard boot that acceptably held your ankle into it the way a cycling shoe does...
    there are always carving boots and dyna-hybrid systems, but they suck for basic resort 'free-riding'. Totally different biometrics for skiing and boarding, with toe-heel movement being so important with boarding.
    Believe me, EVERYTHING you mention was tried, repeatedly (board boot wise)
    so, how about used vintage sex toys?
    Is that niche enough?

While not infallible you can set buyer requirements to prevent foreigners from bidding and deadbeats by setting strict of buyer requirements http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/buyer-requirements.html

I think the argument goes both ways.

Ebay kind of sucks right now. Try to buy a used bike part and you get a list of hundreds of new parts shipping both domestically and from places like Taiwan and Check Republic from presumably garage companies with some kind of wholesale connection. Curiously, tons of them can't compete with Amazon or other main stream bike shops especially when considering shipping costs and not to mention return options.

Craigslist can be a good option, except you spend a ton of time driving all over town to meet up with someone who thinks their shit is gold, sometimes only to save a few bucks on a $50 part. Or, you have to put up with all the creepers, scammers and PawnStars fans coming to your house and pissing you off just so you can hope to make a few extra bucks or save the hassle of shipping something.

Then there's the niche forums, bikings Pinkbike or MTBR or your local bike forum. Unfortunately, most of these folks are positive that their shit is gold and bring a they big chip on their shoulder if any realistic price negotiations come in to play. Ebay is the only thing that keeps these markets honest, as you can simply reference a half dozen completed ebay sales while pointing out that douchenozzle is asking way to close to full retail for his year old bike that he wishes he never bought at the LBS.

Speaking of LBS, whether you're talking bikes or cameras or tons of other niche markets, the local brick and mortar version is what drives us to the secondary market day after fucking day. I might consider buying cameras or bikes from the local shops if every experience with them wasn't a negative one. Local retail sucks donkey balls 75% of the time today. So once I cross them off my list the options become whether to look for the cheapest new option from an online retailer or whether to just look for an even better deal on a perfectly fine used one from a number of different outlets.

So yes, ebay sucks. So does the rest of the world. Deal with it.
    And shut the fuck up about all the other bullshit not related to bagging on ebay you crazy thread cunts.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    Speaking of LBS, whether you're talking bikes or cameras or tons of other niche markets, the local brick and mortar version is what drives us to the secondary market day after fucking day. I might consider buying cameras or bikes from the local shops if every experience with them wasn't a negative one. Local retail sucks donkey balls 75% of the time today. So once I cross them off my list the options become whether to look for the cheapest new option from an online retailer or whether to just look for an even better deal on a perfectly fine used one from a number of different outlets.
    The smug TGR shoprats will be happy to point out it's all your fault local retail sucks.

as a semi-curious thread cunt: are people reselling gear less than they once did? seemed TGR gearswap, eBay, craigslist, all used to have more activity than they do now. People not cycling through gear? Or just leaving it to acquire dust on a shelf like it used to? Or is that another fevered bit of bullshit shat from Hugh's keyboard?

I think you will see a shitload of 26-Er stuff coming online this winter!

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    I think you will see a shitload of 26-Er stuff coming online this winter!
    so, 27.5" stuff will be offloaded next winter for the 27.75" stuff fashion queen?

No, 28", you silly cow!

DO try and keep up.

36.73 " is the next big thing

I find ebay still works for some things. My folks have had an antique business for 40yrs+, they have sold items on ebay since the early 90's. It has had its ups and downs over the years. The fees getting jacked up last couple years has not helped. Neither does the crappy economy.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    snipe it.
    Is there another way to buy something on ebay?
    "Can't you see..."

Ebay sucks.

Thought I Bought a sweet golf club, a putter....it showed up not looking so sweet.

Old man obviously could not take a photo 7/10 condition my ass, it was unplayable with literally a crater hole in the middle of the face,

I opened a "Buyer Protection Case", ebay found in my favor....received a tracking label in my inbox the day I left for vacation.... I came back from vacation and Send it back.............

and few days later.......strangely ebay closes the case, and I send a few emails in the past weeks asking when I will get my refund? NO Response. Spend 45 min on the phone to find out......

If you do not return within 7-10 days, they refund the money to the seller......He has the Putter and my money.

Buyer Protection my ass.

Buyer's and Sellers beware, Ebay sucks.

Except for cheap chinese crap, or buy it now new shit.
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

Craig Kelly used to own on these things...

It doesn't make them good or worth while to ride nowadays.

Maybe if you learned how to strap in while riding you wouldn't need the most idiotic system on the market.
    WTF! How did you find my first snowboard circa age 11!!! I used to shred on that thing.

Regarding EBay, I have killed it on golf clubs. Ridiculous deals. In fact, I don't think I have a club in my bag currently that wasn't poached off Flea Bay for cheap. Brand new too. HOWEVER, I think I just got scammed on some golf shoes. Got shoes, they didn't fit, sent back and now the seller is claiming they are not in new condition. Bullshit. Plus this is how the guy writes:

Hi,
    If you send back to us, we can resale to some body.
    So we can't resale.
    Also restocking fee $30 (because 13% of final value fee: $16.90 and shipping cost : $13.00)
    Please under stand and give me some idea.
    We can resend to you, or we have to claim onebay.
    Best Regard, Terry

I don't want to assume this person's nationality but...

ENGRISH MUCH?

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    as a semi-curious thread cunt: are people reselling gear less than they once did? seemed TGR gearswap, eBay, craigslist, all used to have more activity than they do now. People not cycling through gear? Or just leaving it to acquire dust on a shelf like it used to? Or is that another fevered bit of bullshit shat from Hugh's keyboard?
    The technology progression on bikes/skis seems to have slowed down a bit. It seems like between 2000-2010, suspension/ski shapes/etc. went through revolutionary changes that made bikes/skis way, way better. Now, the technology isn't changing as much, so gear stays good relative to the new stuff longer. People only need to dump it when it wears out, and if it's worn out it isn't worth it to try and sell it anyways.

I just replaced a bike that exploded on me while I was riding to work, while the new bike is better, it's not so much better that I would have wanted to replace the old one if it hadn't crapped out on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Like a Boss View Post
    HOWEVER, I think I just got scammed on some golf shoes. Got shoes, they didn't fit, sent back and now the seller is claiming they are not in new condition. Bullshit. Plus this is how the guy writes:

Hi,
    If you send back to us, we can resale to some body.
    So we can't resale.
    Also restocking fee $30 (because 13% of final value fee: $16.90 and shipping cost : $13.00)
    Please under stand and give me some idea.
    We can resend to you, or we have to claim onebay.
    Best Regard, Terry

I don't want to assume this person's nationality but...

ENGRISH MUCH?
    That is fucking hilarious, except the getting scammed part.