Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rip'nStick View Post
    Where are you getting Clicker boots though? Did K2's Kwicker come out yet?
    eBay of course. I have a lifetime supply of new boots and rotate to new ones every 2-3 years so the old ones are still very good and I always have two pair in service. The liner less Yak boots are the best and they fit perfectly. The right boots are getting some strong pricing these days. A buddy of mine paid almost $200 for a new pair last year. I'm going to try a pair of the Kwicker boots.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    And you ride how many days a year in Boston? I've been riding K2 Clicker bindings since the first year, 1994, and have never had a failure. And, if you in fact knew anything about K2 Clicker bindings (or snowboarding for that matter, unless you are a hipster jib freak), you might know that snow doesn't stick to carbon fiber and therefore the carbon fiber bindings don't clog. The bindings were re-introduced by K2 this year too.

Clicker system:

"The whole Clicker setup is super light and responsive," says Eric Arnold,
    North American Freeride champ. "It sends a lot of power to the edges."
    We're not just saying that the Clicker is the best all mountain system in
    the world. The results say it, too.

1st Eric Arnold, '98 North American Freeride Championships, Kirkwood
    1st Gareth Van Dyk, '98 U.S. Extreme Championships, Crested Butte (won by Clicker riders three years straight)
    1st Cyril Neri, '98 Red Bull Extreme Contest, Verbier
    1st Cyril Neri, '98 Snowlegends Competition, La Grave
    1st Paul Elkins, '97 U.S. Extreme Championships, Crested Butte
    1st Chris Engelsman, '96 U.S. Extreme Championships, Crested Butte
    You're an idiot. Great, so a couple idiots in 1997-8 were winning with them when the only other thing on the market were baseless metal lowbacks or other pieces of shit. Preston was the shit back then too! You do realize that bindings from that era were and still are garbage right? Outfuckingstanding.

And clogging is about the last thing about those "bindings" that suck. You must shred some serious gnar on rental bindings.

Craig Kelly used to own on these things...

It doesn't make them good or worth while to ride nowadays.

Maybe if you learned how to strap in while riding you wouldn't need the most idiotic system on the market.
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by systemoverblow'd View Post
    You're an idiot..
    How many days have you ridden on Clicker bindings? I'm guessing....none? Why would K2 re-introduce the bindings if they were so bad?

How many days have you ridden on Clicker bindings? I'm guessing....none? Why would K2 re-introduce the bindings if they were so bad?
    Probably about 10. When I sold things I made it a priority to know what I was selling.

Why would they start selling them again? Simple, because idiots like ease. They are not and have never been geared towards performance. They're great for a rental army and that's about it.

And if you've really ridden only clickers for the last 20 years you have no idea what you are talking about. How about getting on some real bindings and getting back to us?

They are not and have never been geared towards performance.
    You mean performance for tattooed jib freaks like yourself:

I've ridden strap bindings. I like the solid feel of stepins.

You mean performance for tattooed jib freaks like yourself:

I've ridden strap bindings. I like the solid feel of stepins.
    #1 - I'm not a jib park rat.

#2 - If that video shows "performance" I am done with this argument as I already pegged you as an idiot earlier. That video showed what appeared to be a second year snowboarder.

#3 - There's a reason almost every company that dabbled into the step-in binding no longer make them. But be my guest and be limited to a few boot options, zero adjust-ability, semi-stiff boots (options again) with no forward lean options, etc.

Lets get back to how stupid eBay has become alright?

It could have been a good thread. Jacked.

Lets get back to how stupid eBay has become alright?
    You're the one that cunted it. You wouldn't ride stepins because they aren't cool for hipster freaks like yourself.

Its amazing that I made a joke about your choice in bindings you needed to justify your decisions on usinhg the POS. So far as to go back and find winning runs from the 90s and post promo videos. We get it, you like bad bindings and will go to great lengths to prove it. Awesome. Tell us more about cool or bad eBay deals!

I like Ebay, I don't have an opinion on klicker bindings.

I use ebay all the time for buying and selling bike parts.
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

eBay of course. I have a lifetime supply of new boots and rotate to new ones every 2-3 years so the old ones are still very good and I always have two pair in service. The liner less Yak boots are the best and they fit perfectly. The right boots are getting some strong pricing these days. A buddy of mine paid almost $200 for a new pair last year. I'm going to try a pair of the Kwicker boots.
    Yaks were my favorite too, fit perfectly, no heel slip whatsoever and they lasted a long time. I couldn't find them on eBay last time I looked but ended up with another pair that works pretty well, little tight in the toes. With the right boot, the system rocks, especially if you ski and snowboard. Going from skis to strap bindings lasted me one year before I dug out the clickers and picked myself up some new boots on eBay.

This is one thing eBay excels at, getting obscure out of stock item from 10 years ago that you love and is no longer available anywhere but through the magic of the interwebs

Hey Sadvres Lameface McSystemblows, ease up on the righteousness brother. Doesn't suit anyone well, especially not some skinny punk who spends his time twiddling a mouse all day
    Education must be the answer, we've tried ignorance and it doesn't work!

ease up on the righteousness brother. Doesn't suit anyone well,
    followed by...

especially not some skinny punk who spends his time twiddling a mouse all day
    Is fucking all time! Solid work!

sure thing man, glad I could oblige

Just fucking stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Just fucking stop.
    Nice addition to the thread! At least I mentioned how eBay sucks now before Dumbatic started with the

NO!....

come on, having a little fun here

eBay is not perfect. However I have had plenty of luck getting solid ski gear and numerous other things off of there. Just this week a "new to me" pair of 2012 Volkl Bridges arrived that I paid $126.50 for shipped. Ill sell the Griffon demos they came with that I don't want for like $100.

The fees stink for selling, but where else can you sell stuff to such a large audience? I did my mom in law a favor by selling some stupid paperweights for $65 each over the summer for her.

As others said, there is a ton of crap on there, but if you actually know what you are doing it is a viable buy and sell channel.

Step in snowboard bindings....oh my, the stupid has really shown their true colors......Shimano made some too, right?
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

Quote Originally Posted by DasBlunt View Post
    Step in snowboard bindings....oh my, the stupid has really shown their true colors......Shimano made some too, right?
    But, but why all the hate

Let's see, Systemblows - check DasCunt - check We're missing a few...

Oh yeah, eBay is flooded with people actually trying to sell stuff as a business and the scammers have always been there, but you can sell the obscure stuff you don't want anymore as well as pick up obscure stuff you want that nobody in your neighborhood has. For general shopping, I prefer Craigslist because I can fondle the stuff first

All this thread needs is for me and Hugh to whisper sweet nothings to Creaky.

Quote Originally Posted by TomCrac View Post
    eBay would love to kill/control Craigslist .... eBay does have its uses (not nearly as it once did) but for the most part fuck fee bay.
    You do realize that Ebay owns a percentage of Craigslist?
    Click. Point. Chute.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    All this thread needs is for me and Hugh to whisper sweet nothings to Creaky.
    But you're a snowboarder... tell us what you think about Clickers?

ebay works great for me. I love it. From vintage ski jackets, to old army canteens, to crap I'd usually have to drive to Idaho Falls to get from Walmart- on eBay I have a wide variety of vendors and shipping options.

Also- getting auto parts is simple. Dealing with the crusty rednecks at the FLAPS (friendly local auto parts store) is over rated. Lots of choices and brands.

Also I've only had good experiences.
    Ski Shop - Basement of the Hostel

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain