Page 62 of 78 FirstFirst ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... LastLast
Results 1,526 to 1,550 of 1948

Thread: SLC Eats

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    It is a shame that we have to say good-bye to Hector's this week. It will be missed.d
    Tragic. Great memories of rolling through that drive thru line after a late shift. Tasty Horchata and the best cheap California burrito around.

God protect Alberto’s on 500s.

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    Love Beltex so much. God I miss living in SLC proper sometimes.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    If we ski together again this season at SB I can deliver Beltex orders to you, ha. Just let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    If we ski together again this season at SB I can deliver Beltex orders to you, ha. Just let me know.
    Opening day?? Let's do it

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    Tragic. Great memories of rolling through that drive thru line after a late shift. Tasty Horchata and the best cheap California burrito around.

God protect Alberto’s on 500s.
    Jesus you better not have jinxed that place. I'll never forgive you if they go out of business now.

Can I get in on this?

Go quietly insane like the rest of us?

Or maybe Gilgal Gardens, Antelope Island, Sun tunnels and then have a soda at Grouse Creek, LDS Conference Center (trust me - it's crazy big and the tour guides are 'interesting') Natural History Museum, Land Cruiser Heritage Museum, Kennecott Mine (but it may not be open for visitors right now), see if the Lucin cutoff gate is open and just goooo for it, rockhound in the Lake Mountains, go to Little Sahara and Instagram it, or gorge yourself on a restaurant tour from this thread.
    Already insane. Not so quiet.

I’ve worked my way through a huge portion of the spots in this thread. Never let me down.

Awesome ideas. Thanks for the list muted.

Any West Valley recommendations?

My short list, mostly work lunch stuff and a few I wanted to try for dinner takeout before driving home.

Mi Casa Tortilleria (Was more of a hole in the wall, starting to get a bit pricy for what it is. I have a soft spot for the al vapor burrito + a single taco for lunch. Jalapeno salsa is the star. Barebones simple without fluff, you will be disappointed if looking for more, like white onion, cilantro, lime and an open finger bowl of dried oregano and dried whole red chilies for toppings)

Myung Ga (haven’t been in a while, was good)

Sumo Sushi and Sandwich (strange NPS location)

Tortas Y Jugos El Morelense (Overpriced but a solid lunch)

Los Tapatios Taco Grill (Birria Plate will put you down, split it)

Caruso's Deli Italian Stallion or the Sicilian are good if you fill the order ticket to your liking. IMO, Bread is the weaker link.

Contigo Perú (solid, probably not a destination spot)

Phở Saigon Noodle House (good, not a must try)

Kim thanh supermarket ($3.50 banh mi sandwich, price increase in the last 4 months?

Rancho Markets (Latino Mall location, Molcajete feeds 3-4. Solid 20min takeout wait for them to make. Order, go grocery shopping, pickup.

-------

Any feedback on Hook & Ladder? (Looking for tasty 1950’s small flat diner burger) or Gaetano's Sub Shop because I had a soft spot for grinders 13 Italian sub.

Finally went to Kaisers because of this thread. Good simple value and vibe, I’d go back.

I’ll add Chanon Thai Café for kind of the almost Kyoto stronghold Thai equivalent.

Lola was a disappointment for me.

+1 for Manoli's
    Freshies tip. If take out, go with the deconstructed option
    So the world is filled with tubular entities. Food goes in one end and shit comes out the other. Sperm goes in and babies come out.

Who’s reading this thread right now and wants point me to a new breakfast/brunch near the U? I’m hungry. Without a new idea I’m either going to Niche or Trolley Cottage Cafe.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Who’s reading this thread right now and wants point me to a new breakfast/brunch near the U? I’m hungry. Without a new idea I’m either going to Niche or Trolley Cottage Cafe.
    OTC is worth the drive.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    OTC is worth the drive.

This is the right answer

Go to over the counter, or maybe The Other Place

SLC Eats

Excellent work. Waiting at Over The Counter now.

The Other Place is already a family staple for us…

Thanks tele and tg

Midvale area - recommend Landmark Grill. Same extended family as “George’s” from the Medical Tower days near the U. Many a hungover roundhouse breakfasts from my youth. Still hits the spot!

The Other Place is already a family staple for us…

Thanks tele and tg
    If you have another breakfast, can’t recommend Finn’s cafe in sugarhouse enough. It’s one of my only must-eat places when I come back to SLC.

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    Opening day?? Let's do it

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Can I get in on this?
    Yes of course

Quote Originally Posted by Meconium View Post
    Any West Valley recommendations?

Tortas Y Jugos El Morelense (Overpriced but a solid lunch)

Los Tapatios Taco Grill (Birria Plate will put you down, split it)
    Love these two places. BasinBeater told me about Totras Y Jugos (al pastor tacos worth the price IMO), and they now have a South jordan location for all you southern suburbanites. I'd also recommend La Casa Del Tamal it's worth the drive west. And Yummys for novelty Korean corn dogs and spam, but don't expect to be active outside after eating there. Ha, and is that Sumo restaurant literally in NPS? I love NPS.

I'd like to hear more WV recs because i work somewhat close by.

I go there often as it's close to my house, a good greasy spoon. Finns is great but always packed and loud on the weekends....then again so is OTS but they do serve up dishes quick. There is not enough breakfast restaurants around SLC so all of them get pretty packed on weekends.

Ha, and is that Sumo restaurant literally in NPS? I love NPS.
    Yes, inside the grocery section. Kind of looks like a room that used to be used to store thousands of shopping carts?

https://sumosushisandwich.com/

And Mi Casa Tortilleria

https://www.google.com/maps/uv?pb=!1...L4Qoip6BAhkEAM
    So the world is filled with tubular entities. Food goes in one end and shit comes out the other. Sperm goes in and babies come out.

Quote Originally Posted by Meconium View Post
    Yes, inside the grocery section. Kind of looks like a room that used to be used to store thousands of shopping carts?

https://sumosushisandwich.com/

And Mi Casa Tortilleria

https://www.google.com/maps/uv?pb=!1...L4Qoip6BAhkEAM
    Ah, I was thinking it was across the street in the other building. Very weird either way.

This was the line to have one last burrito at hectors saturday night all the way to Milos

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	loiner.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	783.1 KB 
ID:	432758

They didn't know they were alternating with a second line coming from the north in a side street, ha. Crazy.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    it was almost back to rei when i left work sat
    H stopped by yesterday
    left us some goodies

adios amigos
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Can I get in on this?

thirded

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Kaiser's is definitely worth checking out.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ka...thuser=0&hl=en
    Kaiser's SLAPS. The red shack! Used to live near there.

Been like a year, but i went back out to morelense, place is still tasty!
    sigless.

Can I get in on this?
    I always have at least a half dozen of Beltex broths in a deep freezer, can also ferry goodies from there in various ski and BC lots this winter

I like Beltex a good bit but the broth situation pisses me off. I went in last week to get a chicken carcass for stock, young kid told me they have plenty frozen in the back but refused to sell me even one because ‘they use it for their own stock’. Same deal with beef bones. That is peak bullshit from a specialty butcher.

Wife and I had drinks at HSL this weekend, with the kiddo. Not the droid we seek but would do it again. Full bar and the guy making drinks had a clue.

We had dinner at Arlo a few weeks ago and that stands as the best dining experience in SLC so far. Haven’t made it to TableX yet but I don’t expect anyone else to be sending out better plates. Service was SLC terrible, we will sit at the kitchen counter the next time we visit. Fun wine list as well, Dolores Cabrera Listan Blanco!!

Great Wall Chinese Restaurant in Chinatown is the best Chinese restaurant I've found so far in SLC.

Also, went to Hamachi Sushi Bar in east downtown. Really quite good, especially for the $$. Think we (two people) got four rolls, agedashi tofu, and pork katsu and it was $26 ea. Given how hard it is to get to Takashi & pricey, I think I'm pretty happy w Hamachi and Kyoto

I’ve walked by it’s few times now, might have to make a stop this weekend

"If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Quote Originally Posted by CirqueScaler View Post
    Great Wall Chinese Restaurant in Chinatown is the best Chinese restaurant I've found so far in SLC.

Also, went to Hamachi Sushi Bar in east downtown. Really quite good, especially for the $$. Think we (two people) got four rolls, agedashi tofu, and pork katsu and it was $26 ea. Given how hard it is to get to Takashi & pricey, I think I'm pretty happy w Hamachi and Kyoto
    Is Great Wall better than Mom's?? Damn.

How does Hamachi compare to Kobe?