Page 50 of 78 FirstFirst ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 1948

Thread: SLC Eats

Hit up Thai issan today over in Taylorsville, 4700s by the shut down ultimate ghetto reams... Still the best Thai food around. So good. Tiny hole in the wall joint in the worst corner of the worst strip mall around. My favorite dish is the yellow curry with chicken, 4/5 on the spice level. Go there.

Can anyone recommend one of osteria amore, HSL or oqurrh over the others? Also, has any one been to Lola (9th and 9th) yet?

Quote Originally Posted by jtran10 View Post
    Can anyone recommend one of osteria amore, HSL or oqurrh over the others? Also, has any one been to Lola (9th and 9th) yet?
    Table X, HSL and Oquirrh get my vote - but I'm not a huge "classic italian" guy. Also shoutout to SLC Eatery - a half step down but absolutely worth inclusion in that list.

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    Table X, HSL and Oquirrh get my vote - but I'm not a huge "classic italian" guy. Also shoutout to SLC Eatery - a half step down but absolutely worth inclusion in that list.
    we love eatery, but have the female foodie card and 20% the 3 choices I mentioned. looking to use one tomorrow. which is "least fancy" or hsl and oquirrh?

Quote Originally Posted by jtran10 View Post
    we love eatery, but have the female foodie card and 20% the 3 choices I mentioned. looking to use one tomorrow. which is "least fancy" or hsl and oquirrh?

ahhh least fancy is for sure HSL. still love it though. they have a burger on their menu that costs $18 and is delicious. they also use evan williams white label BiB as their house mixing whiskey - i've always thought that EW WL BiB is a fantastic well whiskey, but it is not at all pretentious. reflects good taste on the part of their management IMO.

yeah second HSL

thanks bros

SLC Eats

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2310.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	390068

finally went down to Facil off 4500S. loved the food truck when they’d come to Fisher, but was really not expecting it to be so good. 2x nashville chicken, 1x smoked brisket, 1x local mushroom and leek, chips / salsa duo. One of the top 5 most flavorful meals I’ve had in UT, incredibly well done. The “nashville hot” chicken isn’t particularly spicy imo but my comparison is Pretty Bird. the strip mall it’s in is kinda lame and no bar license yet but worth the trip. I’m extremely stoked on it.

it’s obviously a different sort of thing from traditional street tacos so set your expectations and don’t bitch at me if you like don rafa better, or you can’t philosophically accept paying more than $1 a taco or whatever, nobody’s claiming it’s authentic mexican. plainly a hipster/“foodie” thing but it’s the bomb.

Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post

finally went down to Facil off 4500S. loved the food truck when they’d come to Fisher, but was really not expecting it to be so good. 2x nashville chicken, 1x smoked brisket, 1x local mushroom and leek, chips / salsa duo. One of the top 5 most flavorful meals I’ve had in UT, incredibly well done. The “nashville hot” chicken isn’t particularly spicy imo but my comparison is Pretty Bird. the strip mall it’s in is kinda lame and no bar license yet but worth the trip. I’m extremely stoked on it.

it’s obviously a different sort of thing from traditional street tacos so set your expectations and don’t bitch at me if you like don rafa better, or you can’t philosophically accept paying more than $1 a taco or whatever, nobody’s claiming it’s authentic mexican. plainly a hipster/“foodie” thing but it’s the bomb.
    FKNA!!

"This disclaimer brought to you by (for) all the WoodSkiDogDick 'SLC Eats' posters."

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    "This disclaimer brought to you by (for) all the WoodSkiDogDick 'SLC Eats' posters."
    lol yes

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    Hit up Thai issan today over in Taylorsville, 4700s by the shut down ultimate ghetto reams... Still the best Thai food around. So good. Tiny hole in the wall joint in the worst corner of the worst strip mall around. My favorite dish is the yellow curry with chicken, 4/5 on the spice level. Go there.
    You were in my neck of the woods! That greek spot right there is pretty good too. Flavorful rice for sure.

SLC Eats

finally went down to Facil off 4500S.
    That was my favorite SLC food truck. I didn’t realize the new spot is open, will have to check it out soon.

Wait a second…are those single corn tortillas?

BLASPHEMY
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

For you of you celiac sufferers who happen to have a sweet tooth, I found a great place on 18th South and 3rd West called City Cakes. Great muffins, pies, cakes and cookies.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Went to Yummys today for the first time- it's a long wait in the drive through, be warned - for some oddball stuff, ha.

Spam Musabi and a corn dog with potato chunks and sugar sprinkled over it. Great pre-run meal, ackkk my stomach. The Spam Musabi was great though. I want to go back and try the more traditional menu items.

Name:	IMG_8018.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	1.45 MB 
ID:	393918

I saw the Afghan Kitchen moved when I went to Tosh's Ramen, it's now next to Tosh's.

Tosh's Karai Ramen was fucking fantastic. It was my first time there and I'm sold.

This thread delivers.

Any good Sandy reqs for Chinese?
    The whole human race is de evolving; it is due to birth control, smart people use birth control, and stupid people keep pooping out more stupid babies.

Quote Originally Posted by Yukonrider View Post
    This thread delivers.

Any good Sandy reqs for Chinese?
    We like Asian Star on datenight and Manderin Garden is the family goto. Asian Star is kinda fancy. MakanMakan is really fucking good too not exactly Chinese but "Asian Street Food". Asian Potato for takeout. And Samurai Noodle for good Ramen with homemade noodles. So good after a day skiing

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Yummys is great. The kalbi and katsu are great. That’s just a new 2nd location for Afghan if I’m not sure, I’ll be going soon, it’s been on the list for a while

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Quote Originally Posted by happytimefunbox View Post
    We like Asian Star on datenight and Manderin Garden is the family goto. Asian Star is kinda fancy. MakanMakan is really fucking good too not exactly Chinese but "Asian Street Food". Asian Potato for takeout. And Samurai Noodle for good Ramen with homemade noodles. So good after a day skiing

MakanMakan definitely isn't Chinese but it is absolutely delicious.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    MakanMakan definitely isn't Chinese but it is absolutely delicious.
    I did kinda deviate from Chinese lol. I want some Ramen

Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    Yummys is great. The kalbi and katsu are great. That’s just a new 2nd location for Afghan if I’m not sure, I’ll be going soon, it’s been on the list for a while

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    GTK on Yummys, thanks. And I wish the 2nd location of Afghan Kitchen was open during lunch!

Anyone else find a better Ramen place than Tosh's in SLC? Because I had it again - different dish - and it is comfort food at it's finest IMO. I'm no ramen expert though.

GTK on Yummys, thanks. And I wish the 2nd location of Afghan Kitchen was open during lunch!

Anyone else find a better Ramen place than Tosh's in SLC? Because I had it again - different dish - and it is comfort food at it's finest IMO. I'm no ramen expert though.
    Kobe is better than Tosh's IMO. Richer broth.

Jinya is just as good.

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    Kobe is better than Tosh's IMO. Richer broth.

Jinya is just as good.
    thanks! I drive by Kobe often but never been.

thanks! I drive by Kobe often but never been.
    Kobe might be the single best kept secret in SLC. Their sushi is excellent (not quite as good as Takashi but damn close), their ramen is world class, and their whiskey pours are both cheap and generous. Decent sake selection to boot.

Ask if they have shishamo - it's never on the menu but they carry it in the winter - it's a small grilled fish full of roe, and it's absolutely fucking amazing.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk