Page 40 of 78 FirstFirst ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 1948

Thread: SLC Eats

Can vouch for La Casa Del Tamal. It’s not too far from my shop, decided to give it a try today based on this thread. Tried the birria taco, carne asada gordita, and a verdes de pollo tamale. I was kinda meh on the gordita and may like it better with a different meat choice, the other two were stellar.

They did a good job on the take out, small containers of consome for my taco, limes, salsa verde, silverware and napkins. Highly recommended.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6B8E70C6-9202-4F42-8DDA-7F06217857E4.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	584.2 KB 
ID:	348665

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Oh damn.

eta: Looked at the address, that's halfway to Wendover!
    Ha. The valley has so many options now I should probably not care where things are located any more.

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    Can vouch for La Casa Del Tamal. It’s not too far from my shop, decided to give it a try today based on this thread. Tried the birria taco, carne asada gordita, and a verdes de pollo tamale. I was kinda meh on the gordita and may like it better with a different meat choice, the other two were stellar.

They did a good job on the take out, small containers of consome for my taco, limes, salsa verde, silverware and napkins. Highly recommended.
    Nice! Your shop is surrounded by good taco shops it seems.

Anyone got a rec for me today for lunch? within 10 minutes where i80 + i15 meets would be ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    Ha. The valley has so many options now I should probably not care where things are located any more.

Nice! Your shop is surrounded by good taco shops it seems.

Anyone got a rec for me today for lunch? within 10 minutes where i80 + i15 meets would be ideal.
    big tortas big tacos on 27th & state

cafe guanaco right across the street from it

one more noodle house like 7 blocks down from it

i live right off of the i80/i15 juncture. we might be neighbors.

Moms Kitchen, obvious choice.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

You've also got Villagio Pizza for slices right on State St.
    Other prior mentions in this thread are Afghan Kitchen (still need to go myself)
    Stun Cube (friends say its great, quick bento style)
    Chickqueen, same plaza as one more noodle
    I've been meaning to get to Taqueria Los Lee, myself, apparently fantastic,

Side note, anyone check out @loveletterwonton's on IG? I need to get on ordering them, looks fantastic.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    Other prior mentions in this thread are Afghan Kitchen (still need to go myself)

Side note, anyone check out @loveletterwonton's on IG? I need to get on ordering them, looks fantastic.
    Delice Bakery and Cafe was also solid when I popped my head in. I only had a cup of coffee and a pastry, but I'd go back.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

not to dox myself, but taqueria los lee is within walking distance of me.

it's good. tasty meat. tacos > burritos there. i wish they had birra. good prices.

if i'm going out i usually prefer big tortas to taqueria los lee.

Thanks everyone, this is all great. I'm going to have to put some of these on my future lunch-list.

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    big tortas big tacos on 27th & state

cafe guanaco right across the street from it

one more noodle house like 7 blocks down from it

i live right off of the i80/i15 juncture. we might be neighbors.
    I've been there a few times since you recommended it. The Venezolana with pork leg and pineapple is so far my favorite.

I'm on 2100 south, my work place, so not neighbors but probably enoying all the food you enjoy too.

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    Moms Kitchen, obvious choice.
    A co-worker went there and he had the dish where your tongue goes numb.

I think Dan recommended Afghan kitchen, if been there several times, very good.
    Villagio Pizza, huh. I may have that for dinner thanks
    Stun Cube I couldn't find a menu, is it call to see what to order? Not my thing if I can't google dishes that are foreign to me.

I ate at Taqueria Los Lee today, I had two gorditas since that's their specialty. Mashed potatoes and ground beef sounded weird, but it was popular so I got it and red pork sauce. It was all good but not adding the place to my go-to Mexican list. Next time I'll pick it up instead of delivery to avoid soggy tortillas, but still.....It's good mexican food though, don't get me wrong.

^^ yeah i didn't want to shit on los lee but that's pretty much it. "this is good". i don't mind it, but it didn't make my regular rotation, at all.

still on the hunt for good quality family style mexican in my hood, if anyone has any reccs.. i might have to drive out to BFE (west west west valley) for la casa del tamal, but i am hoping for something closer

Villagio was discussed a few pages back, very good. Order early.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    Stun Cube I couldn't find a menu, is it call to see what to order? Not my thing if I can't google dishes that are foreign to me.
    I don’t think they have a website but you can find a picture on yelp or I think you can order for pickup (or delivery) on grubhub. I usually just order and wait, it doesn’t take long.

^^ yeah i didn't want to shit on los lee but that's pretty much it. "this is good". i don't mind it, but it didn't make my regular rotation, at all.

still on the hunt for good quality family style mexican in my hood, if anyone has any reccs.. i might have to drive out to BFE (west west west valley) for la casa del tamal, but i am hoping for something closer
    it’s not SUPER close to you but I always enjoyed El Menos on 17th/main

this thread makes me hungry had tacos al pastor from TDR-Tacos Don Rafa cart last night. Goes good with a hazy IPA at liberty park while the dog does dog things 10/10

Sent from a van down by the river
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

And if Mo Bettahs isnt quite hitting your hawaiian plate lunch button try LoLo Hawaiian Grill in Draper super deep and traditional menu. Lots of fish dishes plus it is family run with love

Sent from a van down by the river
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Mo bettas is meh. Go to mokis on redwood and like 49th s in the strip mall by ace hardware there. Be happy.

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    Mo bettas is meh. Go to mokis on redwood and like 49th s in the strip mall by ace hardware there. Be happy.

sent from Utah.
    Mokis kinda rocks.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

Photo uploaded is broken, but got Love Letter Wontons last night. Look em up on IG. Damned good.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Just saw Pallet closed the doors, sucks for the downtown dining scene, it was one of my go tos for client dinners. The pandemic is really taking on a toll on the restaurant industry!
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Realized that I hadn't been to Makanmakan in a while. Damn that place is good.

FYI, it's Mi Quang weekend at Saigon Sandwich. Highly recommend trying that dish if you haven't. I don't know of any other place in the valley that does it. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201224_175009.jpeg 
Views:	76 
Size:	150.2 KB 
ID:	355891

it's probably already in this thread, but whatever. skidog (and anyone else) best ramen in SLC (tosh's rec not necessary)?

GF got the "female foodie card" for 2021 so we'll be trying some new places throughout the year. some of the better-reviewed "fine dining" places are on there and we're gonna wait to summer/fall to dine in post-vaccination: oqurrh, HSL, SLC eatery. excited for those

Quote Originally Posted by jtran10 View Post
    it's probably already in this thread, but whatever. skidog (and anyone else) best ramen in SLC (tosh's rec not necessary)?

GF got the "female foodie card" for 2021 so we'll be trying some new places throughout the year. some of the better-reviewed "fine dining" places are on there and we're gonna wait to summer/fall to dine in post-vaccination: oqurrh, HSL, SLC eatery. excited for those
    love slc eatery and hsl

for ramen - it's a chain but i'm actually a huge fan of jinya. they do a great job

outside of jinya, kobe - amazing ramen and their sushi is like 90% as good as takashi's at half the price

love slc eatery and hsl

for ramen - it's a chain but i'm actually a huge fan of jinya. they do a great job

outside of jinya, kobe - amazing ramen and their sushi is like 90% as good as takashi's at half the price
    oh good shout on kobe. we were discussing doing ramen and sushi this weekend (from different places) but could just do kobe. she had mentioned tsunami for good/cheap sushi. i've never had it.

oh good shout on kobe. we were discussing doing ramen and sushi this weekend (from different places) but could just do kobe. she had mentioned tsunami for good/cheap sushi. i've never had it.
    kobe is much better than tsunami, and i like tsunami

and the ramen is *as good* as jinya, but they have less exciting/innovative offerings. it's more by the book.

what does skidog think though?

Yep Kobe is the place for ramen, and the quality of sushi is a nice bonus, just had lunch there today coincidentally.