Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast

Thread: SLC Eats

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Went to Afghan Kitchen for lunch on Friday. Hadn't been in a while, damn that place is good. Love how seedy it looks on the outside.
    So good and so seedy looking.

On your guys recs, I went to R+R this week. Completely average, I was disappointed. I had a pulled pork sandwich and mashed potatoes. I was expecting a step or two above Pat's, being the best int he valley. It was a bit worse. Maybe everyone was comparing briskets-to-briskets?

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    On your guys recs, I went to R+R this week. Completely average, I was disappointed. I had a pulled pork sandwich and mashed potatoes. I was expecting a step or two above Pat's, being the best int he valley. It was a bit worse. Maybe everyone was comparing briskets-to-briskets?
    I think brisket is what they're known for. If I'm paying for bbq that's usually what I get, I can make some damn good pulled pork at home for dirt cheap but I rarely cook my own brisket because of how spendy it is if you buy a whole one.

I tried 565 recently. Good but I still think R&R is better.
    Last edited by dfinn; 05-31-2019 at 12:30 PM.

Chile Tepin downtown... overpriced / underwhelming. very greasy. skip this one

Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post
    I think brisket is what there known for. If I'm paying for bbq that's usually what I get
    yeah same, the brisket is where it's at

Smokin Bones is a little bbq place in Bountiful that I like better than r&r. Only problem is that if you want anything other than their sweet sauce you have to request it and they act like you are stealing their 1st born.

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    Sicilia Mia in Cottonwood Heights on Bengal Blvd is excellent. Went in for the first time tonight. Walking distance from my house. Totally shocked that the place is run and staffed by actual Italians, last thing I was expecting. Food and service were absolutely excellent. Highly recommended. I rarely pay for Italian food as its easy to cook good stuff. But I'm more than happy to pay for what they're serving. Really hope they do well. That locale has been through so many different restaurants. Great food, huge portions, service was excellent. Chef came out and talked to every table. Can't recommend highly enough.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    They are opening one close by me at 15th/15th in the old Paris Bistro spot. I really enjoyed Paris, and rarely go out for Italian, but have heard nothing but great things about the food and the family behind Sicilia Mia. Psyched to give it a try.

Iím not sure if me or anyone else has mentioned Oífalafal in Sugarhouse, but thatís maybe my favorite quick Middle East spot.
    I canít remember the name of the taco truck parked at TF Brewing, but those were the best tacos Iíve had in SLC. Barrio on 9th South is ok for my taco fix but not mind blowing. Nice patio.

Breakfast sandwiches at Caputos on 15th east are fucking awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

El morelense for your Al pastor cravings. Best I've had anywhere. In the Latino mall on redwood, south of 201.

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    El morelense for your Al pastor cravings. Best I've had anywhere. In the Latino mall on redwood, south of 201.

sent from Utah.
    this is one great thing ive found since moving. There is an incredible Mexican place in my new town. Very close, very authentic. The Al Pastor are out of this world. I dont even care if they have anything else on the menu.
    http://www.firsttracksonline.com

I wish i could be like SkiFishBum

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    this is one great thing ive found since moving. There is an incredible Mexican place in my new town. Very close, very authentic. The Al Pastor are out of this world. I dont even care if they have anything else on the menu.
    This. A great al pastor pretty much beats all.

Just had Morelense again today. Damn it's good!
    sigless.

Randomly walked into that Gandolfo's place downtown the other week and had a sandwich. Pretty good, but then I was just in NY last week and had some "real" sandwiches. Gonna take a few more weeks to allow myself to forget about the great $4.50 bodega sandwiches I had before being ok with paying $10 for something half as good.

Want a legit sandwich, go to Groves Market on main street in Salt Lake. Bit south of down town. Gandolfo's gets none of my money.
    sigless.

Want a legit sandwich, go to Groves Market on main street in Salt Lake. Bit south of down town. Gandolfo's gets none of my money.
    yeah Grove is the bomb. killer hot sauce selection also

Yup!

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

I'll throw up a third for Grove's. You will not leave that place hungry.

Good to hear, Groves will be close to a new-to-me workplace soon. And I tried Afghan Kitchen on Dan's? recco awhile ago, v good! Thanks.

Also good in that neighborhood is Sage market. Tiny little Japanese supermarket, but they have a couple tables in the back, and will serve up some tasty food. legit ramen, etc...
    sigless.

Going to dinner with some people tonight. Suggestions were solicited, I put my vote in for MakanMakan. That was promptly shut down and apparently we're going to Vessel Kitchen. Goddamn savages.

Yeah bomb huge sangweech.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app
    http://www.firsttracksonline.com

I wish i could be like SkiFishBum

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Going to dinner with some people tonight. Suggestions were solicited, I put my vote in for MakanMakan. That was promptly shut down and apparently we're going to Vessel Kitchen. Goddamn savages.
    You should stage a protest by telling them to fuck off.

Gandolfos is good for breakfast sandwiches but just ok for lunch

The khow suey at Nuan's tho

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	khow_soi.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	78.7 KB 
ID:	285445

I know this is the SLC thread, but I need PC advice. What's the current hot Main St. place with good food and cocktails? Bonus points if there is a coupon in the Park Record. I think the last time I ate on Main st. was at Chimayo, probably 7 years ago.

For my money Handle is a cant miss (and it is some money). Chimayo is still solid and you cant go wrong there.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?