Page 28 of 78 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast

Thread: SLC Eats

For all my Mexican food loving peeps....
    Desde la corazon... San Miguel de Allende, gto.

Some kick ass tacos and a molcajete.

Oh yeah, the Nascar car on the roof was pretty cool too.Name:  IMG_6670.jpeg
Views: 466
Size:  69.6 KBName:  IMG_6671.jpeg
Views: 437
Size:  71.9 KBName:  IMG_6674.jpeg
Views: 419
Size:  74.8 KB

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

PSA: Sandy Costco has 3 packs of prime NY strips $15 off through tomorrow. Effectively 40-50% off depending on the size of the steaks in each package.
    Last edited by Dantheman; 11-11-2019 at 09:18 AM.

Tacos Don Rafa has the best street tacos in SLC!
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

the new fried chicken place at 9th/9th is meh

Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    the new fried chicken place at 9th/9th is meh
    I love fried chicken and have yet to find a really good reliable fried chicken joint in the SLC. I typically hit The Garage on Beck, its about as hood as I have found.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    I love fried chicken and have yet to find a really good reliable fried chicken joint in the SLC. I typically hit The Garage on Beck, its about as hood as I have found.
    Kevin’s (in a gas station on 4500S) is great, Curry Fried Chicken on state is a bomb too. Pretty Bird is awesome but expensive. Those are my gotos...

This curry fried chicken is very intriguing...I couldn’t tell from Yelp, does the fried chicken actually have curry in it?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    This curry fried chicken is very intriguing...I couldn’t tell from Yelp, does the fried chicken actually have curry in it?
    they have a dish called “curry fried chicken plate” or something, which is fried chicken with some curry spice in the batter. it’s extremely good I think

Kevin’s (in a gas station on 4500S) is great, Curry Fried Chicken on state is a bomb too. Pretty Bird is awesome but expensive. Those are my gotos...
    I forgot about Curry Fried Chicken it is indeed extremely delicious, but not the southern traditional recipe I sometimes crave. I will have to try Kevins as well.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

I forgot about Curry Fried Chicken it is indeed extremely delicious, but not the southern traditional recipe I sometimes crave. I will have to try Kevins as well.
    yeah Kevin’s is bomb and way more traditional... gets busy around lunch.

they have a dish called “curry fried chicken plate” or something, which is fried chicken with some curry spice in the batter. it’s extremely good I think
    I had that once, it was average IMO. Not spicy and rock hard chicken. I am compelled to try Popeyes after all the hullabalu online of their sandwich selling out, not expecting much but I don't mind fast food and I eat Chik-fil-a often.

I'll have to try Kevins, thanks. Pretty Bird is still frickin' amazing, if anyone hasn't gone there yet.

Just came back from Pig and a jelly jar. I had the Nashville hot chicken it was damn good. Barely hot, but still, it was good fried chicken. Pretty Bird is definitely better but it's in the same league, for reference. They have all sorts of fried chicken dishes to try, I'll be back for them...despite the horrible name.

^ ooh didn't know pig and a jelly jar had that...

nashville hot is a tuesday-only daily special, but there's chicken all over the menu every day

I have had hit and miss at Curry Fried Chicken. For the most part it has been delicious but i have certainly had an outing or 2 with dried out pieces of bird. Pig and a Jelly is good, just not fantastic. Bear in mind I just returned from Montgomery Alabama- SLC has no representation of the good old school soul food that I dream of.

Pig and a jelly is a twist on soul food, and therefore not soul food, but it's fantastic in it's own way. I'd love to know if there is an authentic soul food place in SLC too. I'd be surprised if there is.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    Just came back from Pig and a jelly jar. I had the Nashville hot chicken it was damn good. Barely hot, but still, it was good fried chicken. Pretty Bird is definitely better but it's in the same league, for reference. They have all sorts of fried chicken dishes to try, I'll be back for them...despite the horrible name.
    I always get the chicken and waffles when I go there. I'm hungry just thinking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    I always get the chicken and waffles when I go there. I'm hungry just thinking about it.
    Yep! I don’t even look at the menu. Pretty sure there are no soul food places in the SLC just fancy knock offs.

There’s a place in south Jordan called the porch which I have heard a bit about, people say it’s good, but it’s a ways south west for me.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

.... just fancy knock offs.
    That's a better description than my 'soul food with a twist'

P&aJJ has the best drip coffee of anywhere I've been in the valley. Not many places bother to put enough coffee in their coffee. Ham Hash and tres huevos scrambles are solid, as is the BBQ pork sammich. I'm also a big fan of the cider greens and pork rinds.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    P&aJJ has the best drip coffee of anywhere I've been in the valley. Not many places bother to put enough coffee in their coffee.

This is true of the Ogden location as well. There is a coffee shop that serves slightly better coffee, but no food available. I haven't been to P&aJJ in a few months because I wore them out, but it's probably time for a return trip.

I have had hit and miss at Curry Fried Chicken. For the most part it has been delicious but i have certainly had an outing or 2 with dried out pieces of bird. Pig and a Jelly is good, just not fantastic. Bear in mind I just returned from Montgomery Alabama- SLC has no representation of the good old school soul food that I dream of.
    This place opened in draper not too long ago

http://www.saucebosssouthernkitchen.com/menu.html

Havent been there but the menu is straight soul food... and the chef is a black guy! Gonna hafta check them out soon
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

The Porch looks good, but Sauce boss might be our holy grail....

Quote Originally Posted by happytimefunbox View Post
    This place opened in draper not too long ago

http://www.saucebosssouthernkitchen.com/menu.html

Havent been there but the menu is straight soul food... and the chef is a black guy! Gonna hafta check them out soon
    Now you are talking. That just went to the top of my must do list.