Page 20 of 78 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Thread: SLC Eats

Interview on the news last night with the Jilbertos owners was tough to watch. That place was their whole life and they're clearly devastated. There's a GoFundMe setup if you want to help them out: https://www.gofundme.com/los-jilbertos-fundraiser

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Interview on the news last night with the Jilbertos owners was tough to watch. That place was their whole life and they're clearly devastated. There's a GoFundMe setup if you want to help them out: https://www.gofundme.com/los-jilbertos-fundraiser
    NO!!!! I freaking love that place, my weekly trips through there to see my girlfriend (now my wife) were not complete without a stop in the way through! That sucks. Thanks for the link, money contributed.

Also, side note, I am wing coop fan.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    I would think that the truck’s insurance should pull a lot of the rebuild costs, but loss of income could me make-or-break.
    That would suck.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Sicilia Mia in Cottonwood Heights on Bengal Blvd is excellent. Went in for the first time tonight. Walking distance from my house. Totally shocked that the place is run and staffed by actual Italians, last thing I was expecting. Food and service were absolutely excellent. Highly recommended. I rarely pay for Italian food as its easy to cook good stuff. But I'm more than happy to pay for what they're serving. Really hope they do well. That locale has been through so many different restaurants. Great food, huge portions, service was excellent. Chef came out and talked to every table. Can't recommend highly enough.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    Sicilia Mia in Cottonwood Heights on Bengal Blvd is excellent. Went in for the first time tonight. Walking distance from my house. Totally shocked that the place is run and staffed by actual Italians, last thing I was expecting. Food and service were absolutely excellent. Highly recommended. I rarely pay for Italian food as its easy to cook good stuff. But I'm more than happy to pay for what they're serving. Really hope they do well. That locale has been through so many different restaurants. Great food, huge portions, service was excellent. Chef came out and talked to every table. Can't recommend highly enough.

Good to know. Have driven by it a few times and always wondered. It’s pretty small no?

Mi Quang at Saigon tonight. Dooo it.

if you haven’t been to Fisher, another reason to love them: Steve (brewer) skis on 195 Hojis.

still my favorite spot to drink beer in slc.

Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post
    Good call on Chabaar, the food was really good. I played it safe with a 2. Any hotter than that and I’d be enduring the meal instead of enjoying it.
    We hit it last week while we were Ikon-ing up the Cottonwoods. My buddy got curry at a 3 while I played it conservative with a 2 - I could have gone 2.5, but it was quite spicy even at a 2.

I'm just trying to figure out how in the fuck anyone would order anything like 5-10? Jeezus... seems like it would melt your GI tract.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    We hit it last week while we were Ikon-ing up the Cottonwoods. My buddy got curry at a 3 while I played it conservative with a 2 - I could have gone 2.5, but it was quite spicy even at a 2.

I'm just trying to figure out how in the fuck anyone would order anything like 5-10? Jeezus... seems like it would melt your GI tract.
    I asked our waitress and she said pretty much only dumb white guys go much over 3. She said all of their Thai customers stick between 2 and 3.

Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post
    I asked our waitress and she said pretty much only dumb white guys go much over 3. She said all of their Thai customers stick between 2 and 3.
    I'd say she's probably right. Then again, that describes my buddy to a T.

Hey guys, I need a restaurant suggestion. I am trying to organize a hockey team meal (20 people or so), kids are 10-12. Diverse selection is good, we do a lot of hibachi joints, but not looking for that. We are staying at little America. Looking for a place that does reservations.

Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Hey guys, I need a restaurant suggestion. I am trying to organize a hockey team meal (20 people or so), kids are 10-12. Diverse selection is good, we do a lot of hibachi joints, but not looking for that. We are staying at little America. Looking for a place that does reservations.

Anyone?
    lol Chuck o Rama...Golden Corral.....

Anyone?
    Hmm that's maybe a little tough unless you wanna go with a big chain... how close are you trying to stay to the hotel?

The reservation + diverse request is tricky. What about going to the food court at City Creek Mall? One of the restaurants there is the Red Iguana. Easy parking underneath, diverse selection, could easily handle a big group without a reservation.

We are willing to drive a bit...maybe sugarhouse?

We are willing to drive a bit...maybe sugarhouse?
    Golden Corral.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Golden Corral.
    chuck o rama is better IMHO and I already mentioned both.

You know I think the Grand America might be able to handle your group. Maybe its out of the price range? Its right across the street too.

I think the City Creek Mall idea is the winner. Then the little brats can hassle us to buy stuff.

SLC Eats

Bocata has pretty phenomenal sandwiches in the city creek food court.

If anyone finds themself down in South Jordan I just had a really tasty meal at The Angry Korean. Definitely worth a try if you like Korean food.

Ate at London Bridge the other night. New restaurant next to Whiskey St./White Horse. Pretty good, I think the appetizers were the highlight of our meal.

Went to Boltcutter tonight. Thanks to whomever made the suggestion. Pretty solid food there

finally hit chabaar, got the level 2. damn you all weren’t kidding. glad I didn’t go spicier. good shit though... definitely will be back

SLC Eats

Bohemian Brewery in Midvale. Good food and beer. Nice atmosphere.

Was impressed with the nachos at Hog Wallow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ate at London Belle the other night next to Whitehorse/Whiskey St. I thought the appetizers were better than the main course, although the scallops my wife ordered were really good.

I when to Kaze Sushi Bar and Grill in Temple Square a few weeks ago. I thought is was really good and great value compared to the overpriced bullshit here in yuppyville.