Page 24 of 78 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast

Thread: SLC Eats

Also good in that neighborhood is Sage market. Tiny little Japanese supermarket, but they have a couple tables in the back, and will serve up some tasty food. legit ramen, etc...
    sigless.

Going to dinner with some people tonight. Suggestions were solicited, I put my vote in for MakanMakan. That was promptly shut down and apparently we're going to Vessel Kitchen. Goddamn savages.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    Want a legit sandwich, go to Groves Market on main street in Salt Lake. Bit south of down town. Gandolfo's gets none of my money.
    Yeah bomb huge sangweech.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Going to dinner with some people tonight. Suggestions were solicited, I put my vote in for MakanMakan. That was promptly shut down and apparently we're going to Vessel Kitchen. Goddamn savages.
    You should stage a protest by telling them to fuck off.

Gandolfos is good for breakfast sandwiches but just ok for lunch

I know this is the SLC thread, but I need PC advice. What's the current hot Main St. place with good food and cocktails? Bonus points if there is a coupon in the Park Record. I think the last time I ate on Main st. was at Chimayo, probably 7 years ago.

For my money Handle is a cant miss (and it is some money). Chimayo is still solid and you cant go wrong there.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by Bromontane View Post
    The khow suey at Nuan's tho

Attachment 285445
    That really looks awesome.

Tamarisk in Green River has pretty solid breakfast.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190613_111957652.jpeg 
Views:	54 
Size:	86.2 KB 
ID:	285779

Oh but the burgers at Ray’s!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Frozen burgers at rays are good but nothing special, not sure why everyone loves Cisco frozen shit . Tamarisk is great, a bit spendy but a great food oasis in the desert. I love that place. The taco truck in the middle of town is very good too. Pro tip: Pilot Travel Center is an official liquor store and has refrigerated beer. Pretty sure they have no clue they are breaking the law. I don’t know of anywhere in UT with cold beer that’s not 3.2. Everyone that has rung me up there has clearly been disgusted with me and my purchases though, it’s hilarious. One six pack to go and I’m the scum of the world, ha.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    \Pro tip: Pilot Travel Center is an official liquor store and has refrigerated beer. Pretty sure they have no clue they are breaking the law. I don’t know of anywhere in UT with cold beer that’s not 3.2.
    Seriously? I can name 5 places in Ogden right now that have refrigerated high point beer. Not illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by Bromontane View Post
    I know I've bought high points directly from EPIC in SLC before, don't remember if they were refrigerated tho. My understanding was that brewers can sell their high point directly or something like that. Too lazy to read the regs.
    Yup, breweries are the only ones that can do cold retail legally.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Seriously? I can name 5 places in Ogden right now that have refrigerated high point beer. Not illegal.
    You are right, I've bought plenty of cold beer from breweries to go, but I'm talking about the only Utah liquor store with refrigerated beer. Selection is awful though.

Shitty wording on my other post, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    Yup, breweries are the only ones that can do cold retail legally.
    I don't think that's true. Lots of private package stores (stores in hotels and rural places) sell cold, high point beer. I think the real story is the DABC stores don't want to pay for refrigeration. If it's illegal to sell cold beer in Utah, please cite the law.

HUh, maybe you are right zzz. The reason it's not refrigerated is just a deterrent for people chugging beer after buying, as stupid as that sounds, I think that's what I've read. I thought it was written into the law though and there was an exception for breweries only. Might be wrong on that. Breweries have to brew on site to do this, Pilot was not brewing their beer in GR, ha. So private package stores can do what they want?

HUh, maybe you are right zzz. The reason it's not refrigerated is just a deterrent for people chugging beer after buying, as stupid as that sounds, I think that's what I've read. I thought it was written into the law though and there was an exception for breweries only. Might be wrong on that. Breweries have to brew on site to do this, Pilot was not brewing their beer in GR, ha. So private package stores can do what they want?
    It's all guessing on my part, but your addition of the pilot brings my list of places to buy cold, high point beer in utah (other than breweries) up to four. These are private package stores that sell many brands as well as liquor. There is no way that they are just "getting away with it" under the ever watchful eye of the DABC and the rigorous licensing inspections that they undergo. I seriously just think the state run stores don't want to invest in refrigeration as it would cut into their massive profits.

I seriously just think the state run stores don't want to invest in refrigeration as it would cut into their massive profits.
    That, and the whole "not giving one tenth of a fuck about our filthy degenerate customers" thing.

Going for lunch today at the best “vibe” BBQ in town: Pat’s BBQ. Great food, great music, and Fridays special, burnt tips. Yummy!
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

No refrigeration at the Moab store in the early 2000's led my buddy to buy a handle of whiskey instead of beer and tell the employee he planned on chugging that instead. This was after a week long spent in the canyons south of there and a rainy death march that day.

It's all guessing on my part, but your addition of the pilot brings my list of places to buy cold, high point beer in utah (other than breweries) up to four. These are private package stores that sell many brands as well as liquor. There is no way that they are just "getting away with it" under the ever watchful eye of the DABC and the rigorous licensing inspections that they undergo. I seriously just think the state run stores don't want to invest in refrigeration as it would cut into their massive profits.
    Interesting, I could definitely be wrong. Guess who's stopping at the Pilot the next time they are in GR, lol.

Also should mention, I ate at the Garage Grill in Draper recently. It used to be RPM brewing but I didn't realize they changed their name to Salt Flats Brewing when they started canning. Anyways, food is pretty good but a little on the pricey side and tap beers I've had are stellar. Big fan of the slipstream DIPA too.

Name:	034F667F-4ECB-4F50-BDD3-4DA459C68D27.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	617.8 KB 
ID:	285820

Name:	31CEB358-CBE0-457A-94AA-E7E232FF3D56.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	721.7 KB 
ID:	285821
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

let the kids pick last wkd and my daughter found some solid reviews for a place called oak wood fire kitchen in draper. good food, will return

Quote Originally Posted by getoutside View Post
    let the kids pick last wkd and my daughter found some solid reviews for a place called oak wood fire kitchen in draper. good food, will return
    Thats right down the road from us and our kids fav dinner out. I like the food and wine/liquor/beer selection good for the size of the place. I’ve found service can be hit and miss.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Not sure if it's been mentioned but there's a new Iranian / Middle Eastern place which just opened in Murray, 5600 S and 1300 E. Cafe Beirty. Their food is stellar and the owners & staff are the nicest people. I ate a literal fuckton of Iranian food when I was in college in France (it's everywhere in big cities) and these guys make authentic stuff that makes me want to go every day. Bonus: they share their building with an ice cream place which is pretty good. It's within walking distance of my house meaning I'll be real fat by then end of the summer...