Page 58 of 78 FirstFirst ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 1948

Thread: SLC Eats

Kyoto is awesome, but Nohm blows it out of the water, no question. Never eaten at the rest but it’s a cool concept.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

The food at Nohm is the bomb. I prefer Kyoto for an intimate cozy evening. Just my humble opinion. It’s just old school cool. It’s nostalgic for me so take what I say with a grain of salt.

Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

I tried out Old Cuss Coffee which has good vegan food and I'm def not a vegan. I loathe the hipster tag because old farts name anything young and different as 'hipster', but this place is definitely hipster, ha. Some descriptions:

"Think of it like a Cracker Barrel if it was made by millennials."
    "Ozark Country inspired Plant based breakfast & lunch, specialty coffee shop & market"

I hope more restaurants fill in the spaces near breweries and distilleries in South Salt lake so you take the train down here at night, eat, grab a drink from a brewery/distillery, and maybe see a band at The Commonwealth.

That area is severely lacking in the food department, however Grid City is close (just a real PITA to get to if you're on the SSL bike bar tour) and their food is really good, pizzas at Level Crossing are great, their beer, tolerable. We'll usually do one of those two or hop on the S line bike path and head back towards sugarhouse for grub. El Meno's is good on 17th south but not sure of hours and late night grubbing.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

There's Mom's Kitchen, Pancho's and the Katmandu also around there, and Pats BBQ which is OK.

Moms is righteous. Had that a few nights ago.

Went to Nohm, the new cider place, and Issan Thai this week.

Nohm was good but pricey. Vibe continues to be kinda weird. As nice as the big window is I think they should replace it with a wall to match the rest of the aesthetic. We got a sampler of the skewers which were great, the pork belly, chive pancake, and pickled anchovies. But yeah, pricey - spent like $40 ea incl. sake and didn't really leave full.

Pork belly with greens and pickled something:
    Name:  ODpRrr3.png
Views: 459
Size:  961.5 KB
    Tardy photo of skewer sampler. Second to last was some kind of pork with bean sprouts, it was awesome. In order, included (I forget - not pictured) + chicken thigh + chicken breast + pork + chicken wing.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	skewer.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	327.0 KB 
ID:	411616
    Chive pancake, nice low heat
    Name:  gz1YZt0.png
Views: 462
Size:  808.1 KB

Went to the cider place. It seems like a nice small business, but honestly it was kind of a weird environment. It feels like a restaurant because the space is pretty small and very open. A lot different from other breweries that have better vibes imo. Might be a place to get good cider but not really hang out.

Also went to Issan Thai which was tasty. Nice, classic SLC restaurant vibe, food seemed good enough - I don't know much about Thai food but it was tasty.

At the non fancy end of the spectrum. Bells 48th Street deli. On Murray/Taylorsville road. Run by a older Asian lady. Good spot good burgers. She remembered me from last time I was in months ago. Place is for sale, she is retiring. Hope a foodie buys it and keeps it open.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Non-food post:

Where's everyone getting their hair cut? I've always gone to Great Clips but they've raised their prices a lot recently and the stylists still make minimum wage. It has me looking to go elsewhere--if I'm going to pay almost $30 with tip for a haircut I'd rather find someone local and stick with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Non-food post:

Where's everyone getting their hair cut? I've always gone to Great Clips but they've raised their prices a lot recently and the stylists still make minimum wage. It has me looking to go elsewhere--if I'm going to pay almost $30 with tip for a haircut I'd rather find someone local and stick with them.
    A set of clippers and gaurds is about $40.

Your first cut might look like shit, but by the third or so you should get the hang of it.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Non-food post:

If I lived in town I’d be a regular at Sir’s Barbershop on Highland near 215. I’ve had good experiences there when visiting my folks the last few years.

Arys on 2100 e and 1300s ish is my spot but I’m sure there are similarly good options in the sandy area

I went to Blue's Barber in Holladay recently, google had a photo of their price board saying $25 for a haircut and their site didn't have prices. I went and its $34 now, so over $40 with tip. I get it, inflation is real, the haircut was good, but I don't care enough about my hair to spend that much. My point is confirm your prices before you show up at a local shop.

If you want to support local and get a cut in the old Sandy jail, I’d recommend Bernie Brothers. Bernie cuts my beard.

https://www.bernieandbrothers.com/

I’m two blocks away, stop over for a joint before or after.

Non-food post:

There's some "kids" who opened a shop in the old Draper school. I've been going there for a couple of years now. Highly recommend.

http://<br /> https://www.schedulici...g/DBCHPJ<br />

Non-food post:

I go to Fuzzy Nate's. Good haircuts and even better shit-talking.

This thread just got cunted with pubes.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Back on the food train, got a shawarma wrap from Alhambra Utah at The Neighborhood Hive yesterday. That was really, really good.
    https://www.instagram.com/alhambrautah/?hl=en

Heading to copper onion for the first time this evening before the theatre. stoked - seems to be one of those consistent places that can do no wrong from what I read.

Folks, what are the three best restaurants in SLC? The best-tasting food, beautiful environment and service - fine dining. Not concerned with price, but value does affect the experience imo.

https://www.femalefoodie.com/restaur...alt-lake-city/

Here's a good list, I've only been to Current and Table X.

Quote Originally Posted by CirqueScaler View Post
    Folks, what are the three best restaurants in SLC? The best-tasting food, beautiful environment and service - fine dining. Not concerned with price, but value does affect the experience imo.
    Table X
    Oquirrh
    HSL

Shout-out to Currant as a runner up, maybe Walter's depending on what your vibe is (it is not mine).

I would say Table X. Classy, understated & not heavy-handed, amazing food, amazing bread, great experience.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

El Jaripeo in Rose Park got the nod from my raised in SoCal wife. We tried the chorizo and beef cheeks tonight, cheek meat was a little dry but the chorizo was very good.

The condiment bar cooler was a nice touch.

Back again with a vote for Feldmans deli. Took a work group there. We had Texans, Indians, Chinese, Mexicans, Italians and Israelis in our group. 13 thumbs up from the team everyone was stoked, some went back again later in the week. Their Sloppy Joe is incredible!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Quote Originally Posted by CirqueScaler View Post
    Went to La Caille in down in Sandy last month. They knocked it out of the park. Food, service, cocktails, and scenery. They kinda shit the bed for a few years, but it looks like whoever owns it now is putting a lot of work into the place. Very expensive, we only go once a year, but when I got the bill I looked at it and thought, "that was worth it". Still not a huge fan of the peacocks though.