Page 63 of 78 FirstFirst ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 1948

Thread: SLC Eats

Just went to Kobe, still the best tonkatsu ramen around
    The whole human race is de evolving; it is due to birth control, smart people use birth control, and stupid people keep pooping out more stupid babies.

https://www.abc4.com/news/local-news...SIjJjlIwUzJWYk

Saw this, is there anything to this beyond fond memories? Was it any good?
    Montani Semper Liberi

Quote Originally Posted by Yukonrider View Post
    Just went to Kobe, still the best tonkatsu ramen around
    After having one disappointing tonkotsu ramen from Kobe but reading here how it's the best, I went back to Kobe and ordered another one. Still good-not-great. Not going back again. Tosh 4 life!

Anyone know a good place for breakfast chilaquiles in town?

Quote Originally Posted by MarsB View Post

Best fry sauce in sandy, and you got to order from the table with a phone — in the nineties!

Always assumed that place was like that Cowboy Grub atrocity
    So the world is filled with tubular entities. Food goes in one end and shit comes out the other. Sperm goes in and babies come out.

No, it wasn’t

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Best fry sauce in sandy, and you got to order from the table with a phone — in the nineties!
    Fry sauce is disgusting. Yep I said it.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    Wha...? I love fry sauce, especially if its 1/3rd Sriracha.

You’ve been here too long haha

Was it any good?
    Even never having gone there I can say with a high degree of confidence that it absolutely was not. But, this is Utah, whether it's "good" is largely irrelevant. Wingers has no fewer than 14 locations throughout the state.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    Don't get me fucking started. The fact that people practically come to blows over which ketchup/mayo mix is better is one of the saddest things I've seen in my adult life.
    Montani Semper Liberi

Any suggestions for casual 'ethenic' cuisine near Murray? Gonna be blazing through next week.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Any suggestions for casual 'ethenic' cuisine near Murray? Gonna be blazing through next week.
    Check out Tea Rose Diner - excellent Thai food. Just don’t push the heat scale. I like spicy food but her food is beyond spicy if you push the scale.

Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

SLC Eats

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    Check out Tea Rose Diner - excellent Thai food. Just don’t push the heat scale. I like spicy food but her food is beyond spicy if you push the scale.

Coincidentally I was at chabaar tonite for my weekly Thai fix. Second best Thai in the valley.

Edit to add that chabaar is one of tea rose diner Annie’s places.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1670376324.818789.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	886.7 KB 
ID:	437102

Quote Originally Posted by jmedslc View Post
    Coincidentally I was at chabaar tonite for my weekly Thai fix. Second best Thai in the valley.

Edit to add that chabaar is one of tea rose diner Annie’s places.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1670376324.818789.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	886.7 KB 
ID:	437102
    Yep! Annie is awesome - actually given the choice between the 2 I would go to Chabaar.

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post

This. All of it. I’m generally a solid 2 on the Thai scale, and my girlfriend a solid 3, I was dying at a 3 and she was was struggling with those numbers at tea rose

"If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

If I could juggle my appointments, would anyone be interested in going out for Peruvian next Wed. Night at 7:00? (OMG, restaurants close stupid early in SLC!)
    Thinking Contigo, Don Pedrito’s, or Vicky’s?
    Suggestions?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

I can’t swing it but one of the local Instagram foodies was raving about Vicky’s the other day.

"If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    This. All of it. I’m generally a solid 2 on the Thai scale, and my girlfriend a solid 3, I was dying at a 3 and she was was struggling with those numbers at tea rose

They also sell the hot sauce ala carte in the bottle. Spicy sweet Thai chili sauce…. goes good w all kinds of stuff. Careful tho - this shit will keep you up at night!

Ha, i took a chick out to eat there in high school once. It was awkward food, was meh. After dinner we went to a rowdy ass house party in the aves at the house of a dork whose parents were out of town and he wanted to be cool (2 solid nights of partying left his house in bad shape come Sunday morning). i got too drunk, went to the upper balcony at the front of the house and was yodellin off the balcony. As i let training table chunks fly from above, a buddy of mine (black belt in karate) and another buddy had gotten in a fight with a bunch of kids from East in the front yard. Karate buddy was kicking like 3 dudes asses at once, and non karate buddy was getting his ass beat. My younger brother passed out in the front yard and someone stole his bike.
    I didn't get a second date, but we did recover the stolen bike like 3 months later when karate buddy and a few of us were driving around and my brother spotted some kid walking the bike through reservoir park. We stopped and got the bike back.

Thanks for the fond memories.
    sigless.

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    After having one disappointing tonkotsu ramen from Kobe but reading here how it's the best, I went back to Kobe and ordered another one. Still good-not-great. Not going back again. Tosh 4 life!

Anyone know a good place for breakfast chilaquiles in town?
    Tosh's ramen on state?
    The whole human race is de evolving; it is due to birth control, smart people use birth control, and stupid people keep pooping out more stupid babies.

What's a great spot in SLC for a nice date night dinner?

Something on the splurgy end is good as this is instead of any physical things as Christmas gifts. We like all types of food, but GF friendly is a must. I found this list of higher end places https://gastronomicslc.com/best-fine...alt-lake-city/ but would also be interested in a sushi omakase as we don't do that often enough.

Thanks y'all.

I’ve heard arlo is amazing, Franklin Ave was great, francs, takashi sushi,

Tried Tea Rose Diner tonight, nice spice/flavor and vegetables that don’t look like they were cut by a three year old. The Panang Curry was especially good. Expensive though, $50 for curry, a quart of soup, and four spring rolls.

I really like the cooking at Arlo but would probably skip it as a sole Christmas gift. I think that sort of thing deserves a real splurge and the interior/staff of Arlo don’t provide that. Killer date night spot though, I would sit at the kitchen counter.

Omakase or tasting menu at Table X would fit the bill, if you are the type of people that will enjoy that. We have been at more than one tasting at a Michelin restaurant and listened to a table complain about their meal because it wasn’t what they expected. There is no shame in not enjoying that style of dining but you need to be honest about the experience you both want.

I haven’t personally been to any of these and no idea if they’re actually worth the spend but Log Haven, Fireside and Handle in addition to Rime in Park City, and Tree Room in Sundance are all in my mental rolodex as a lux experience. Fuck a Capital Grill.

ETA that friends of ours who have personal opinions about the different levels of wine pairings at French Laundry are fond of Veneto. Again, no idea if it’s actually worth it.

Thanks guys, appreciate the suggestions!