Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 1948

Thread: SLC Eats

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    THAT’S how he lost credibility?!
    lol I was careful to specify credibility around food

trying to keep things on topic and civil here

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Fair enough

I do miss Feldmans from time to time. Hard to get a decent Reuben in a small town.

2nd annual anniversary dinner at Kimis Chop House last night. Got an outdoor fire table again and food/service was great. I didn’t look at the bill so it was that much better.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by criscam View Post
    2nd annual anniversary dinner at Kimis Chop House last night. Got an outdoor fire table again and food/service was great. I didn’t look at the bill so it was that much better.

hell yeah, i love Kimi's

we did White Horse for our anniversary dinner last night. no food pics because we're not cool like that, but we had a phenomenal white gazpacho soup, some of the best crab dip i've ever eaten, and an oyster poboy that was damn near perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    Yeah ngl Skidog just lost all his credibility on food by suggesting that Grove is better than Feldman's. Grove is good for buying one meal and eating it for three, but that's about it.

I didn't say grove was better. You should read a bit closer.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    I didn't say grove was better. You should read a bit closer.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app
    I don't need to read, I get everything I need to know from Hannity on Fox News.

Prove me wrong dog strikes again!

Big apple didn't lose their touch. Just had several fantastic pizzas with a bunch of family visiting from out of town. Pizza was a hit with all around delisciousness.

Had dinner at Nomad East tonight. 1700 E 1300 S, old Eggs in the City property. First time ever, but was recommended by a very picky Italian friend of mine. Really nice people, great service, and the food was really good. Mostly pizza on the menu and some small plates. I've been told by friends who have been there that their half chicken dinner is referred to as "crack chicken" by the regulars. They had Montucky cold snacks for $5, so there's that. Will definitely go back. Nice place. Dinner for 3 with a couple beers and a glass of wine was around $100.

Side note
    Stopping in SLC on way from LAX back to JFK just to have lunch at Red Iguana with a high school buddy. The day after my 50th.

Weve been eating there since the 80s

So stoked

And arguing aboit delis in SLC is like arguing about taquerias in CT
    Just stop.

I do miss red iguana

Afghan Kitchen is a national treasure. Holy shit this place rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    Side note
    Stopping in SLC on way from LAX back to JFK just to have lunch at Red Iguana with a high school buddy. The day after my 50th.

Weve been eating there since the 80s

So stoked

And arguing aboit delis in SLC is like arguing about taquerias in CT
    Just stop.

Hey another east coast snobby douche, with no clue on what we are taking about. Skidog is that you? I've got a similar idea, don't argue here about your favorite ski area out east because it's so much better to ski out West.

Sound reasonable?

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    Hey another east coast snobby douche, with no clue on what we are taking about. Skidog is that you? I've got a similar idea, don't argue here about your favorite ski area out east because it's so much better to ski out West.

Sound reasonable?
    The man grew up in SLC, I’d think he’s in the know.

In the know of what exactly? All we said was Feldmans has good sandwiches. Not the best ones, not better than anywhere else, just that they have great sandwiches. Because this thread is about SLC eats, not the 'Post only United States BEST FUCKING RESTAURANTS'.

The Woodsy comes in with his second dumb post about us to stop arguing about delis here because "like arguing about taquerias in CT". Who is arguing, Skidog? Shit.

I'm just trying to get people to stop cunting up such a simple, simple SIMPLE thread. Know a good place to eat in SLC? Post it. Otherwise be quiet, and no shit there's better food elsewhere.

In the know of what exactly? All we said was Feldmans has good sandwiches. Not the best ones, not better than anywhere else, just that they have great sandwiches. Because this thread is about SLC eats, not the 'Post only United States BEST FUCKING RESTAURANTS'.

The Woodsy comes in with his second dumb post about us to stop arguing about delis here because "like arguing about taquerias in CT". Who is arguing, Skidog? Shit.

I'm just trying to get people to stop cunting up such a simple, simple SIMPLE thread. Know a good place to eat in SLC? Post it. Otherwise be quiet, and no shit there's better food elsewhere.
    I agree with you, but arguing about thread cunters is, in it's own way, a form of thread cuntery. It's a vicious cycle.

You know what local place I've been dieing to try out? Twisted Tiramisu. I follow them on Insta and they have absolutely amazing looking takes on tiramisu. Apparently they're not shy with the booze, and they use a number of spirits I love (like Waterpocket's little death hollow amaro). Check them out

Quote Originally Posted by DeepHelmet View Post
    Had dinner at Nomad East tonight. 1700 E 1300 S, old Eggs in the City property. First time ever, but was recommended by a very picky Italian friend of mine. Really nice people, great service, and the food was really good. Mostly pizza on the menu and some small plates. I've been told by friends who have been there that their half chicken dinner is referred to as "crack chicken" by the regulars. They had Montucky cold snacks for $5, so there's that. Will definitely go back. Nice place. Dinner for 3 with a couple beers and a glass of wine was around $100.
    yeah Nomad East is great. the Pretty in Pink is legit. the place across the street, 108, has a great patio and good food too.

btw I would genuinely rather kill myself than spend a long enough time in CT to slug a beer

I agree with you, but arguing about thread cunters is, in it's own way, a form of thread cuntery. It's a vicious cycle.

Ha good point. Just trying to keep the thread on track, I'm not disagreeing for pages with Woodsy or Skidog that there are better deli sandwiches out east. It does pain me to post the obvious though.

So anyways I went the Mustard Museum in Wisconsin last week. They had mustards from every state, but Utah had by far the fewest choices. Any theories on why?

Because here even mayo is too spicy for some.

Got moms take out for the birthday dinner tonight. Always good, need to go back in person as I know it will be even better. Been meaning to hit Afghan Kitchen for a long time, may do that Friday before Charlie Parr at the State Room.

let’s start a sub SLC ish war. Tacos on the way to Moab: la pasadita in green river or jilbertos in Wellington? I was a rays guy, but haven’t been since at least 2016 due to finding pasadita. Would get it both ways, down and back. Everyone was telling me to go to jibbys and finally did on the way down this past weekend. Both are very good. Definitely some regional differences. Thinking now I’m a jilbertos on the way, pasadita on the way back. Your preferred?

"If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Ha good point. Just trying to keep the thread on track, I'm not disagreeing for pages with Woodsy or Skidog that there are better deli sandwiches out east. It does pain me to post the obvious though.

So anyways I went the Mustard Museum in Wisconsin last week. They had mustards from every state, but Utah had by far the fewest choices. Any theories on why?
    You just go to the Molded Jello Salad Museum. Utah kills it there
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    Because here even mayo is too spicy for some.
    That's what I told my sister, but I didn't put it as simply or eloquently as you.

Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo View Post
    You just go to the Molded Jello Salad Museum. Utah kills it there
    I suppose so. And anything is better than hanging out with dad hearing the same stories over and over....gotta get out of the house and move around!

Also a local shout out to Jamaica's Kitchen Truck: https://thefoodtruckleague.com/food-...aicas-kitchen/

Really fantastic jerk chicken, and while I've never been to Jamacia I'm SURE it's as good as the real deal, probably better than chicken you can find on the Island I'm guessing.

Afghan Kitchen is a national treasure. Holy shit this place rules.

REALLY wanted to hit the AK last night on my quick run through the SLC but opted to go support my long time amigo Mike at the Citris. Maybe we can do a SLC mini at the Afghan Kitchen next time I am in town
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    la pasadita in green river
    I can not drive past that exit without stopping for a carnitas torta and horchata. Simply divine. Been going there for many years.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    I can not drive past that exit without stopping for a carnitas torta and horchata. Simply divine. Been going there for many years.
    This post is very relevant to next weekend’s plans, I rekon’. Did Jilberto’s stop doing 24 hour at some point?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

I believe they are 530a-1030p.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"