Page 51 of 78 FirstFirst ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 1948

Thread: SLC Eats

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    Kobe might be the single best kept secret in SLC. Their sushi is excellent (not quite as good as Takashi but damn close), their ramen is world class, and their whiskey pours are both cheap and generous. Decent sake selection to boot.

Ask if they have shishamo - it's never on the menu but they carry it in the winter - it's a small grilled fish full of roe, and it's absolutely fucking amazing.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    Have you dove into the world of fine Ogden dining yet?

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Have you dove into the world of fine Ogden dining yet?
    Yes. Kogane Korean Kitchen is fucking legit. So goddamn good. I was honestly floored, especially given the quality of the interior decor. The other standout was Weller's cafe. Classic, hearty, German food.

Eaten out at a few places downtown, some great food options for sure. Would love more recommendations (especially around Harrison!)

Yes. Kogane Korean Kitchen is fucking legit.

That place has had several different restaurants over the years and they've all been good. Weller's in Layton? I'll have to check that out.

Sushi Totto on Harrison is very hit or miss. The last time we were there we asked for some sriracha for our ramen and they brought a nickel sized dollop in a paper cup, and then charged us for it! Haven't been back since.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    That place has had several different restaurants over the years and they've all been good. Weller's in Layton? I'll have to check that out.

Sushi Totto on Harrison is very hit or miss. The last time we were there we asked for some sriracha for our ramen and they brought a nickel sized dollop in a paper cup, and then charged us for it! Haven't been back since.
    Good to know on Totto. Not a fan of inconsistent places - I love cheap sushi, and I love getting exactly what I expected (even when that thing is the bottom of the barrel).

Yeah, Weller's is great. A tiny bit spendy (for what it is) but phenomenal, filling food that makes me think "I don't know what this is but I do know that it probably took like 6 hours to cook" (I'm looking at you, Rouladen - picture attached)

Best pho/ramen up here?

Rouladen with spatzle and rot kohl…. drool.

I now need to try a rouladen with deer or elk…..

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    Rouladen with spatzle and rot kohl…. drool.
    Dropping by to say the same. Yum!!!

If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Kobe might be the single best kept secret in SLC. Their sushi is excellent (not quite as good as Takashi but damn close), their ramen is world class, and their whiskey pours are both cheap and generous. Decent sake selection to boot.

Ask if they have shishamo - it's never on the menu but they carry it in the winter - it's a small grilled fish full of roe, and it's absolutely fucking amazing.

Kobe might just be my favorite restaurant in SLC. The ramen is hands down the best and I think the sushi might be best in town also. I talked to the owner and chef once about the ramen. He only buys whole fish for the sushi. Every part of the fish that isn’t used for sushi is put into broth for ramen. Hence why the broth is off the hook. They have a fried fish appetizer that is absolutely perfect, can’t remember the name. Haven’t ate inside at a restaurant since Kobe in March 2020. I might just have to go at an off time. Zero worries about myself, triple faxed and healthy. But if I got my Dad or sisters kids sick I’d be devastated. Got Kobe to go a few time but it’s not the same.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Oi, collective.
    Where should I book my grandmother's birthday dinner in salt lake? Closer to downtown, or at least nothing beyond the Zion curtain (33rd s and 400w)
    We are gonna have 15+- a couple. We are varied in age from 6 to 98. We like good food and service. We will not be hustled along.
    What do you have for me?

Sent from my SM-G960U using TGR Forums mobile app
    sigless.

https://www.scionciderbar.com/

New cider bar in central 9th

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    Oi, collective.
    Where should I book my grandmother's birthday dinner in salt lake? Closer to downtown, or at least nothing beyond the Zion curtain (33rd s and 400w)
    We are gonna have 15+- a couple. We are varied in age from 6 to 98. We like good food and service. We will not be hustled along.
    What do you have for me?

Standard recommendations:

- HSL: american roadhouse, excellent service, excellent food.
    - Oquirrh: more of the same
    - Currant: excellent seafood
    - Walter's Osteria: pretentious Italian where 90% of the experience is the 700 page menu and the owner who walks around and greets everyone like they're old family

if it was my grandma's birthday (RIP) i'd go to HSL, big surprise on that recommendation

HSL was a crowd pleaser a few months ago for 30s and 60s year olds

Quote Originally Posted by jtran10 View Post

Opened by our very own Skiguide and her husband SkiingBear!
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    Oi, collective.
    What do you have for me?

The food is not on the same level as tgapp's choices (and I concur with all of them) but Citris Grill has a great backroom that is awesome for large groups. Shameless plug since the owner is a long time friend. The food is solid, not meal of a life time but solid.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Walter is a hoot

I rip the groomed on tele gear

We ended up going for Celeste, the old Michaelangelo's chefs current joint.

sigless.

Anyone been to Yoko ramen? How is it? we have a 20% we could use that expires at the end of the year.

Anyone been to Yoko ramen? How is it? we have a 20% we could use that expires at the end of the year.
    Ehhhhhh

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhh

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Fantastic (!!!!!) pickles, terrible (forgettable) broth. Mediocre noodles.

Alright, hard pass! Think we're doing nohm

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Had momos, lamb and pumpkin curry at Kathmandu at 3300/highland last night. Great food, nice vibe from the himalayan folks. was totally in the mood after watching both Alpinist and 14 peaks this week.

Ehhhhhh

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhh

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Fantastic (!!!!!) pickles, terrible (forgettable) broth. Mediocre noodles.

hahaha yeah. this place is a 10/10 if you’re ordering from the window at dick n dixies… not so much otherwise

Kobe might be the single best kept secret in SLC. Their sushi is excellent (not quite as good as Takashi but damn close), their ramen is world class
    Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    Kobe might just be my favorite restaurant in SLC. The ramen is hands down the best and I think the sushi might be best in town also. I talked to the owner and chef once about the ramen. He only buys whole fish for the sushi. Every part of the fish that isn’t used for sushi is put into broth for ramen. Hence why the broth is off the hook.
    I tried Kobe ramen (Tonkotsu) last night and broth was great and overall it was good but I don't think I'll be back for more, I've enjoyed better ramen elsewhere. I'll try their sushi at some point though.

^ what’s your go to? I like tosh’s and it’s close but I haven’t made much of an effort to find better ramen

Tosh's - it's ultimate comfort food in my book. Everything goes well together in that bowl they make. I'm no ramen expert so I'd like to compare and contrast different ramen places to see why I like Tosh's so much - I've only had it twice. And figure out the different styles better before saying one is good or bad. I don't want to rip on one place's ramen as too thin of a broth when traditionally it's suppose to be made with a thin broth, for example. I just haven't eaten a ton of ramen to have a real opinion TBH.

I did search out and ate at a few famous ramen places that had different regions represented in Tokyo a few years ago (like Fukuju in Shibuya), so I do know what highly rated ramen tastes like and Tosh's reminded me of a couple places there. But it might just be personal preference why I like Tosh's.

I checked Scion out about a week ago. Great little place, cool ambiance and they now have over 75 different ciders both on tap and bottled.
    I’ve always been a beer guy. But now I’m adding to my pallet. They have some great knowledge and it’s fun to try these tasty ciders and learn about what makes em so good.

Our own Skiguide is behind the bar after 6 on Saturdays. She’s waiting for some change.