Page 54 of 78 FirstFirst ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 1948

Thread: SLC Eats

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    It's a real bummer to think that I'll probably never have Mi Quang again unless I actually go to Da Nang.
    try southern california?

Tona Sushi takeout tonight.

ZZZ and other Ogden mags already know this, but Tona is fantastic. Sushi quality is on par with Kobe or Mint, with innovative rolls and great sashimi/nigiri.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    try southern california?
    Ok skidog

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

It's a real bummer to think that I'll probably never have Mi Quang again unless I actually go to Da Nang.
    I'll skidog it too.

Seattle has some places where it's on the menu, or was. Come ski and eat, I've got a spare room for mags this season.

Ha, I think skidog would be saying it's only good in Da Nang too. All I'm saying is you probably can get it closer. I know nothing about the dish unfortunately

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    Tona Sushi takeout tonight.

ZZZ and other Ogden mags already know this, but Tona is fantastic. Sushi quality is on par with Kobe or Mint, with innovative rolls and great sashimi/nigiri.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    we loved Tona when we lived up that way. happy to hear it's still there.

Ha, I think skidog would be saying it's only good in Da Nang too. All I'm saying is you probably can get it closer. I know nothing about the dish unfortunately
    Yes, certainly there are places I can find it on this side of the Pacific. Larger point stands though--the days of getting it once a month a 5-minute drive from my house are gone for the foreseeable future.

Kobe was legit. I'd have never gone in there based on what it looks like from the outside

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    The whole human race is de evolving; it is due to birth control, smart people use birth control, and stupid people keep pooping out more stupid babies.

Yes, certainly there are places I can find it on this side of the Pacific. Larger point stands though--the days of getting it once a month a 5-minute drive from my house are gone for the foreseeable future.
    Sorry for your loss. That does suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Yukonrider View Post
    Kobe was legit. I'd have never gone in there based on what it looks like from the outside

Question - was that piece of pork tough and really chewy that I see in the upper part of the pic?

Sorry for your loss. That does suck.

Question - was that piece of pork tough and really chewy that I see in the upper part of the pic?
    No it melted in my mouth like a chocolate bar left in the car on a got day. It was so good it was actually off-putting at first.

The whole human race is de evolving; it is due to birth control, smart people use birth control, and stupid people keep pooping out more stupid babies.

WTF - really? When I had it, it was so tough I'd normally give it to my dog - no joke. The outside rim was really chewy and the inside was better but tough.

Maybe I need to give them a 2nd chance.

Pork belly, I'd wager.

Mmmm... pork belly.

Hopefully she was impressed you'd got the restaurant rec from your internet skiing friends

Quote Originally Posted by jtran10 View Post
    Hopefully she was impressed you'd got the restaurant rec from your internet skiing friends and is willing to pay back the favor in the ULLR thread.
    FIFY.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by jtran10 View Post
    Hopefully she was impressed you'd got the restaurant rec from your internet skiing friends
    I learned a while ago that if you want this:

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    FIFY.
    You don't tell the ladies about your special internet skiing friends.

Lola at 9th and 9th is spectacular.

Excellent ingredients and flavors, and great margaritas too. They type of elevated new Mexican fare that you'd see at spots in Mexico City, socal, etc. Really nice to see this type of restaurant here.

I’m spending the day in SLC today and had to pop into Finn’s for breakfast. Hands down the best breakfast in Salt Lake, and it’s even better than anything in Portland IMO.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6487.JPG 
Views:	81 
Size:	218.8 KB 
ID:	405160

Only question now is what’s for lunch.

I live literally just over a block away and have never been there in my 11 years in sugarhouse.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

It's pretty good. Crowded and echo-y are the only downsides.

It's pretty good. Crowded and echo-y are the only downsides.
    Yeah, it can be crowded for sure. Patio in the summer is great.

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    I live literally just over a block away and have never been there in my 11 years in sugarhouse.
    You gotta go.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    I’m spending the day in SLC today and had to pop into Finn’s for breakfast. Hands down the best breakfast in Salt Lake, and it’s even better than anything in Portland IMO.

Better than the smoked brisket hash at Le Petit Provence in PDX? That shit is all time. I almost never go out for breakfast. As a former culinary pro it’s just to easy to do at home, but thanks for the tip on Finn’s. First time I’ve seen it mentioned in this thread.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    Better than the smoked brisket hash at Le Petit Provence in PDX? That shit is all time. I almost never go out for breakfast. As a former culinary pro it’s just to easy to do at home, but thanks for the tip on Finn’s. First time I’ve seen it mentioned in this thread.

I haven’t had that specifically, but I’ll have to try it. My knock on PDX brunch (and most brunch in general these days) is that it all tries to hard and feels gimmicky. I don’t want a bacon crusted triple waffle stack with bourbon maple syrup. I just want high quality food that tastes good

I’m spending the day in SLC today and had to pop into Finn’s for breakfast. Hands down the best breakfast in Salt Lake,
    I think Finn's is good, but I would see your Finn's and raise you Penny Ann's breakfast nachos, or the home fries at OTC....
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post

Better than a smoked trout and farm cheese egg bake and aquavit bloody at Broder?
    I still call it The Jake.

After all these years I finally got to Red Iguana. It was good but not quite getting the hype. Best thing was probably the mole sampler but they put them all on the same plate and they got all blended together after a couple chips got dragged through them.