Page 22 of 78 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast

Thread: SLC Eats

R&R is the best/closest you’ll get in the valley, in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    R&R is the best/closest you’ll get in the valley, in my opinion.

Yep, no where is even a close second imho
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Is Pat’s still around?

^ Pats is still kickin, but I’ll third R&R... easily the best in the valley imo. if it’s a weekday lunch, get there a little early.

Thanks. R&R it is.

Anything there that’s better then other things. Somebody in this thread said brisket want anything special
    I'd rather die while I'm living then live while I'm dead

mall walker knows where I like to eat

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    mall walker knows where I like to eat

lol, this guy

You know what I find fascinating about SLC area?; is how people are so adverse to driving to what I consider such short distances.

Granted, I don't live there, but I drive through/in it quite a bit, and maybe because distances in western Colorado are a bit different, but I don't flinch on a 30 mile drive. Over there, that's like a world away.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    You know what I find fascinating about SLC area?; is how people are so adverse to driving to what I consider such short distances.

Granted, I don't live there, but I drive through/in it quite a bit, and maybe because distances in western Colorado are a bit different, but I don't flinch on a 30 mile drive. Over there, that's like a world away.
    this is 100% true. I lived like 6 minutes from the highway..some people were like "wow thats far to the highway" ummmm????? And forget it if you want people in say Lehi to meet in SLC...its like asking them to drive to Alaska... its like 35 min...

On the BBQ topic: Anyone been to Kaisers? I have to assume the quality of their meat is inversely proportional to the quality of their website http://saltlakebbq.com/

Quote Originally Posted by rwalk View Post
    On the BBQ topic: Anyone been to Kaisers? I have to assume the quality of their meat is inversely proportional to the quality of their website http://saltlakebbq.com/
    Used to live not far from there and always wanted to try it. Heard mixed reviews from friends.

Back to Mahider tonight. So good.

"If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Quote Originally Posted by UTpowder View Post
    Thanks. R&R it is.

Anything there that’s better then other things. Somebody in this thread said brisket want anything special
    I didn’t really like the brisket either. I got the pulled chicken once when they were out of pulled pork, and I mostly get that now. Think it’s much better than the brisket. In general I think R&R is probably the best in SLC, but it definitely doesn’t stand up to the real stuff.

Has anyone here been to 565 Firehouse? I’ve never heard anyone talk about it, but it has good Yelp reviews. Been meaning to try it out.

No, but a friend who lived right there said the wings were great, cheap, and they had $3 big cans of PBR. Might be worth a bike ride to this summer for investigation.

Quote Originally Posted by rwalk View Post
    I’ve eaten there a couple times. Think of it as if RnR, but more authentic looking with less flavor. RnR is still the winner for me. Rod and Rich (twins that own it-I’m pretty sore that’s their names-are super nice guys too).

Quote Originally Posted by frosted flakes View Post

Has anyone here been to 565 Firehouse? I’ve never heard anyone talk about it, but it has good Yelp reviews. Been meaning to try it out.
    used to live a few blocks away. nice summer spot, not bad food but not as good as RnR. much better than Sugarhouse BBQ though imo anyway. weird sides as I recall.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFugitive View Post
    Our recent dirty little secret has been Potstickers Plus 1 on 7th east about 92nd south Fkn hole in the wall with good eats and customer service too. Owner has degree in biophysics and was jamming w the wyf on sciencey stuff.
    Checked out Potstickers Plus 1 a few weeks ago. Good place, nice owner and a hole in the wall.

SLC Eats

Delayed report on my nacho acquisition failure. Made multiple efforts during BBI to make it to The Hog Wallow all without success.

Eva - Fried cauliflower was ordered multiple times. Shrimp hominy and the St Patty’s corned beef was spot on.

Slapfish - Surf N Turf Burger. Craving that lobster cheeseburger at the moment.

Taqueria 27 - Duck Confit along with the Steelhead tacos were crushed. Don’t skip the grilled Shrimp Tostada Bites.

Goodwood - nachos suck. Cheap chips and apparently layering the cheese is out of the question. Smoked chicken, Meh. Went for the combo platter of baby back ribs, burnt ends and turkey based on the strong recommendation of the server. None of it was memorable, well except the turkey. Do not get the turkey. Ruth’s Pecan Sweet Potato saved the train wreck.
    Last edited by mooseknuckles; 03-31-2019 at 08:53 PM.

Went to Afghan Kitchen for lunch on Friday. Hadn't been in a while, damn that place is good. Love how seedy it looks on the outside.

Semi-related, what's the deal with Smiths no longer taking visa? Their claim that it's high fees seems fishy since they're still taking Amex.

Mall walker when did you last go to 565 firehouse? It got new owners a couple years ago, and i think it's the best BBQ here by a wide margin. Not impressed by R and R or Kaiser, Pat's burnt ends are delicious but otherwise I'd say 565 is better.

Quote Originally Posted by claymond View Post
    Mall walker when did you last go to 565 firehouse? It got new owners a couple years ago, and i think it's the best BBQ here by a wide margin. Not impressed by R and R or Kaiser, Pat's burnt ends are delicious but otherwise I'd say 565 is better.
    interesting, it was probably almost 4 years since i’ve been there, so maybe I gotta give that another go...

I may have said before, but the zucchini blossom burrito at Taco Taco is the absolute bomb. They just added a bunch more interior space as well. Underrated spot I think.

I live a couple blocks from 565, went last a few weeks ago. I dunno if I'd say it's the best in the valley, but it's definitely good. If you were gonna make a top 5 list, I'd put it on there.

Quote Originally Posted by unitofstuff View Post
    I live a couple blocks from 565, went last a few weeks ago. I dunno if I'd say it's the best in the valley, but it's definitely good. If you were gonna make a top 5 list, I'd put it on there.
    Is there more than 5 BBQ places in SLC? Guess I have some to try!

Also, when I go out to BBQ I get brisket, cuz it's the hardest for me to cook myself. So I'm judging off that, and I like a heavy smoke flavor, which 565 has

I like a heavy smoke flavor,