Page 59 of 78 FirstFirst ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 1948

Thread: SLC Eats

SLC Eats

Central 9th can do no wrong. Monday smashburgers are A+.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2378.JPG 
Views:	66 
Size:	200.8 KB 
ID:	420703
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Went to One more Noodle House this weekend. The spicy numbing beef is 100% awesome. Like all time awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by CirqueScaler View Post
    Folks, what are the three best restaurants in SLC? The best-tasting food, beautiful environment and service - fine dining. Not concerned with price, but value does affect the experience imo.
    Not sure quite how it fits in the fine dining catagory but you should give Cucina a try.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Vosen's kornspitz has been our go-to loaf so far. Something about their proof/yeast or perhaps they are are using a preservative doesn't sit quite right with me. I need to try one of the table x loaves that the 15&15 Caputo's sells.

Ascoli has served the best espresso so far, at least they care about what they are doing. The valley is saturated with half-rate espresso.

The search continues. The real test will come with search for a viennoiserie. I have been spoiled for a long time.

https://grinders13.com/

Not fancy pants, but I'll miss the oily Italian.
    So the world is filled with tubular entities. Food goes in one end and shit comes out the other. Sperm goes in and babies come out.

Any leads on obtaining Hamachi Collar? (Market, cook at home)
    So the world is filled with tubular entities. Food goes in one end and shit comes out the other. Sperm goes in and babies come out.

Quote Originally Posted by Meconium View Post
    Any leads on obtaining Hamachi Collar? (Market, cook at home)
    Aquarius, but you have to call them in advance and they only have it sometimes

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

OK, which one of you people lives near Afgan kitchen? Went there last night for the first time and it was nearly empty, which was a shame, since it was excellent. But I've now been to three restaurants there that are within like 200 feet of each other on recommendations in this thread (all fantastic) so one of you Mags must live around the block or something...

Pretty close, here. Haven't been to Afghan yet, but love tosh and Mahaidar
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    OK, which one of you people lives near Afgan kitchen? Went there last night for the first time and it was nearly empty, which was a shame, since it was excellent. But I've now been to three restaurants there that are within like 200 feet of each other on recommendations in this thread (all fantastic) so one of you Mags must live around the block or something...
    I used to live fairly close to there. I'm convinced that South Salt Lake has the best food scene in the entire valley. It's like the very best of gen1 immigrant restaurants - some real gems in there.

Afghan kitchen is somewhere between "Great" and "Holy shit". That lamb. Man.

I also used to live in that hood, long before it was "cool." Retired cop for one neighbor and drug dealer on the other side made for some interesting dynamics.

Also, if you haven't been, Fresh Donuts and Deli on State has the best donuts, period. Sometimes I used to walk outside to let the dog out in the morning, and if the wind was blowing the right direction, suddenly I'd find myself on a walk to get a donut.

If I'm coming through to go past Bendover, but want to stop for a bite on the way, what yee mags say?

Heeeay.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    If I'm coming through to go past Bendover, but want to stop for a bite on the way, what yee mags say?

Heeeay.
    If you want the real Utah experience you can find a local chain called Chuck O Rama for true Utah cuisine.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    If you want the real Utah experience you can find a local chain called Chuck O Rama for true Utah cuisine.
    This is exactly what I expected.

But am strangely curious if this not troll be.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    This is exactly what I expected.

But am strangely curious if this not troll be.
    The Chuck is famously full of trolls

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    The Chuck is famously full of trolls
    All you can eat trolls, because I've only done all you can eat once indoors.

I80 E/W or I15S/I80W?
    It's kind of a mess in the area of 9th South/3rd west right now, but if you're looking for a sandwich lunch stop, Central 9th (161 W 900S) market would be my 100% number 1 right now.
    The taco rec's on this thread still hold up, Santo Taco in North Salt Lake for some Birria, The Garage on Beck st for some bar food, Caputos market either downtown or 15th and 15th which is a quick jaunt off 80 W in

Went to Chick Queen in the Chinatown supermarket mall last night for Korean Fried Chicken. $17 for 5 massive wings and the fries. Chicken was incredible in the sweet garlic sauce (should have went spicy) and the fries were tempura battered. Chinatown supermarket mall is a pretty wild scene for dining with the all the different options. Def recommend chick queen.

don't feel the best today for obvious reasons of eating fat ppl food, but sure tasted good when it went down.

Name:  IMG_6154.JPG
Views: 325
Size:  206.1 KB

East-West Connection Trail Report

So a couple nights ago we are looking for food, it's late and we need a close place, so we head over to East-West. I'd never been but people seem to like it. We drive down the drive ramp into the parking lot and have to dodge an ambulance and fire truck. Head up the stairs and onto the second floor and see a whole contingent of paramedics and firemen outside loading someone on the stretcher, just past the restaurant door. Quite a mood killer, and the place only has a few tables full, so it's not a good scene. We are pretty worried about the poor person being loaded, but we have to eat somewhere, so we head in.

Now things start to get interesting. The folks inside are kind of murmuring about what's happening out there. We are starting to get the sense the the dude outside is maybe just drunk, not hurt. Then they wheel him by the window and he's a young guy - college student maybe? Super wasted on a Tuesday. Seems he passed out on the walkway. Fireman walks by with a Bacardi bottle about 1/4 full, following the stretcher.

So they wheel him off. But just as we figured we've seen the last of that story, a dude wearing a Domino's shirt (which is next door) walks down the walkway and then comes into East-West. He seems super hammered and pretty young. He goes to the table in the corner by the window where the stretcher was and sits down with a 4 person family over there. We assume we are wrong about him being drunk and that he met his family here at East-West after the shift and somehow he witnessed the wasted dude passing out and called the paramedics.

So we figure the show's over and go back to our conversation.

And then the cops pull up. They come get the kid and start talking to him. Pull him outside, and eventually he walks away with them. And he is indeed just fucking plastered. So he seems like part of this whole shitshow. Cops are talking to the manager of East-West, lots of questions, and we're still not sure what's up, but the cops are not happy.

Finally we ask the waiter if he knows what's going on. He spills the beans like he's dying to talk about it. Turns out that all the employees of Dominos got absolutely housed during work. The dude on the stretcher was one of them. The kid the cops were talking to was another. He had absolutely no relation with the family he sat with. I guess they were just trying to help him out. And all the employees were like 17 so they are underage. When the kid passed out most of the employees took off. So they all got super wasted, abandoned ship, and left Domino's unmanned.

We're done at this point, so we pay the bill and of course head next door to see the show at Dominos. Door is locked and the inside is all lit up and looks like a bomb went off. Pizza doughs out on the counter half made, boxes on the floor, ingredients everywhere, nobody home. A woman walks up and tries to open the door. Can't get in. She asks what's going on. We explain, and she looks at us and kinda sighs and says "well, I guess I'm not getting the pizza I ordered. No wonder it wouldn't let me choose delivery and made me pick up instead." No ma'am, you definitely are not getting your pizza. Tough night for Dominos patrons.

As we leave we are seeing other people show up for their pizza pickups. Not gonna happen. Also on the way to the car we see the cops still with the kid in the Domino's shirt. He's getting his prints taken.

I highly recommend East-West Connection. 5/5 stars. They really go all out.

I think dantheman first recommended this place, but I'm frustrated they are not open for lunch because I work in this neighborhood. Tgapp, big tortas closed so I can't get your pineapple/lamb? totra anymore, that thing was delicious!

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    I also used to live in that hood, long before it was "cool." Retired cop for one neighbor and drug dealer on the other side made for some interesting dynamics.

Also, if you haven't been, Fresh Donuts and Deli on State has the best donuts, period. Sometimes I used to walk outside to let the dog out in the morning, and if the wind was blowing the right direction, suddenly I'd find myself on a walk to get a donut.
    I went there Tuesday and forgot my fucking wallet. No donuts for me.

Quote Originally Posted by NBABUCKS1 View Post
    Went to Chick Queen in the Chinatown supermarket mall last night for Korean Fried Chicken. $17 for 5 massive wings and the fries. Chicken was incredible in the sweet garlic sauce (should have went spicy) and the fries were tempura battered. Chinatown supermarket mall is a pretty wild scene for dining with the all the different options. Def recommend chick queen.

don't feel the best today for obvious reasons of eating fat ppl food, but sure tasted good when it went down.
    I always feel gross after eating there, but it's damn good.

East-West Connection Trail Report

So a couple nights ago we are looking for food.....
    I highly recommend East-West Connection. 5/5 stars. They really go all out.
    Fantastic story, ha.

Anyone gone to Woodbine food hall yet? I want to go to Deadpan sandwich and eat almost everything on their menu

Also Batista is great cuban in South Salt Lake - don't get the cuban sandwich though, get anything else. REALLY good food.

we went to woodbine for cocktails after dinner at slackwater last friday. It was dead. We were the only folks there for a bit, some left when we got there, another 2 top came in. food had all closed but excited to try it.

Thanks for the E/W connection report EWG, my sarcasm meter is broken today, would you go back for food? We ate there a few years ago and it was fine, not amazing, not bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    we went to woodbine for cocktails after dinner at slackwater last friday. It was dead. We were the only folks there for a bit, some left when we got there, another 2 top came in. food had all closed but excited to try it.

Thanks for the E/W connection report EWG, my sarcasm meter is broken today, would you go back for food? We ate there a few years ago and it was fine, not amazing, not bad.
    I think it depends what you get. Most of the dishes were solid. Not great, but good. But the vermicelli noodles / noodle salad was really good. I'd go back for sure if I needed something good and quick. And it was quite reasonable, price-wise.

I kind of prefer Indochine for Vietnamese near the U though.

If you need the Al pastor torta, head out to the Latino mall on redwood road and like 23rd or 25th south, something like that. It's super good.
    sigless.

I indochine is pretty good. Had pho there the other night. A friend's fily owns Shanghai cafe on 1300s and just east of state street in that weird strip mall. Place is tasty and cheaper than indochine. I eat at B and D burger all the time with the kids too. Great burger joint style burgers and fries. I love their lamb gyro too.
    sigless.

take this for what it's worth w/r/t afghan kitchen

https://www.reddit.com/r/SaltLakeCit...tips_from_the/