Page 70 of 78 FirstFirst ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,750 of 1948

Thread: SLC Eats

Curry in a Hurry

I used to frequent Tandoor pretty frequently and really like it. I haven’t been in a while but would think it is still worth a visit. Hard for me not to go to Saffron since the owner is a close friend so that is where I typically get my fix.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Saffron Valley is bangin for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    Makam's, Ghurkas, Mumbai house, Saffron Valley, Kathmandu.
    Are any or all of these better than Saffron Valley?

I may be remembering the wrong meals, but I think Kathmandu has a few dishes better than Saffron Valley. Both are great. For example the spinach dishes are much better at Kathmandu. IIRC.

Hard to say, I don't know if I've ever had an Indian meal that didn't seem very similar. Saffron gets my vote for sure, Ghurkas was pretty dang good when we ate there a few months ago.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Himilayan Kitchen was my favorite of them all. You can even drink at the Chakra Lounge dive bar next door and have the Indian food served to you over there.

It was awesome. Last time i was there, I bellied up to the bar for $5 shot and a beer and ate butter chicken while watching live pro wresting on the dance floor.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

So went back to Senor pollo after a killer pow day. Chicken and rice and beans. Oh and killer salsa. In Ogden on 12th and Washington

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Kathmandu is the only Indian in SLC where I don’t order maximum heat. All others I order as hot as possible and leave disappointed in the spice level. For that reason alone I prefer Kathmandu. Chicken methi is excellent!

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by whyturn View Post
    So went back to Senor pollo after a killer pow day. Chicken and rice and beans. Oh and killer salsa. In Ogden on 12th and Washington

Yeah, grilled halves of marinated chicken is kind of their thing. Not your standard Mexican fare. The price is right, too. Reminds me of a place I used live near in DC.
    Montani Semper Liberi

Went to Hanamaru in Ogden for the first time and I was honestly blown away. Incredible traditional Japanese restaurant that is among the most authentic Japanese places I've been to in the states. I've only had their udon but it was truly remarkable; they do ramen only on Saturdays and you have to reserve your spot a few days in advance to get it. Absolutely phenomenal.

By my count Ogden now has 6 great restaurants.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Is La Caille any good value for money?

Quote Originally Posted by CirqueScaler View Post
    depends, do you like paying $100 for a plate of Sysco canned food?

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CirqueScaler View Post
    This is the SLC Eats thread equivalent of saying "actually the gondola is a good idea" to get us all riled up

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    By my count Ogden now has 6 great restaurants.
    Out of curiosity, what are your other five? I have several I like, but the words "great" and "Ogden restaurants" doesn't parse for me.

Have not tried Hanamaru, appreciate the review.
    Montani Semper Liberi

Nacho daddy has really good everything nachos and cool music

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1681670015.653134.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	231.5 KB 
ID:	455987

I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

We pulled into Vessel Kitchen the other day. It's a casual place that seems to specialize in bowl meals that include a lot of veggies. Really liked it; yummy brussels sprouts, among other things. It's a regional chain (we hit the one off 80 near Park City).

And I've stopped at Ramen Haus in downtown Ogden a few times now.

Quote Originally Posted by whyturn View Post
    Nacho daddy has really good everything nachos and cool music

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1681670015.653134.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	231.5 KB 
ID:	455987

The Nacho Daddy in DT Vegas is one of my go to’s there. So funny they have one in SLC.

Quote Originally Posted by bobz View Post
    We pulled into Vessel Kitchen the other day. It's a casual place that seems to specialize in bowl meals that include a lot of veggies. Really liked it; yummy brussels sprouts, among other things. It's a regional chain (we hit the one off 80 near Park City)
    Went to Vessel on 9th/9th a few weeks back - I though it was great too. It was reasonably priced compared to places like Sweetgreen too.

I ate at Mazza earlier this week, really nice atmosphere and good food. We got the hummus with pine nutes and lamb, spinach + lamb main, and spiced cauliflower + mushrooms, shared everything. Also tried some Lebanese red wine which was really pleasant.

Small place so make a res or be prepared to wait. 9 tables inside and 4 outside but it opens in May-ish. Post-James Beard, guy in front - who helped me out a lot as I didn't have a reservation - said reservations book out 1-2 wks in advance.

Also went to Casot. Eh. Vibe is okay. Feels more like a brewery than what I want a wine bar to be like. Order at the bar, shared tables with benches. The back is nicer, but the whole place smelled damp. Pricey for sure for not a great reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinned View Post
    Went to Vessel on 9th/9th a few weeks back - I though it was great too. It was reasonably priced compared to places like Sweetgreen too.
    Vessel is in our regular rotation, just a very solid, quick option. We actually had them cater our rehearsal dinner.

Mazza is an SLC classic. They used to have a second location that was bigger and a little more dinner-focused. Besides the regular stuff, my wife swears they have the best ever limeade, for whatever that’s worth. I actually haven’t been in awhile though, since Laziz is a little more convenient for where we live now.

Here’s a plug for Quail st. Sourdough. They make pizza doughs that are available at liberty heights fresh and the neighborhood hive in sugarhouse. Awesome dough. Made a really great pie last night in the Ooni. 5.99 for a single 12” amount of dough is a bit high. Did Whole Foods dough tonight to compare (had toppings leftover), was more NY style. Both great. Consider quail st if you’re looking for something unique

"If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

My partner and I got minor food poisoning after eating at Facil yesterday. First started eating there after reading the recs on this thread and have generally enjoyed it so figured some here would find this information useful.

I search function-JONGed this thread, but got no results - any feedback on Log Haven? Got an overdue birthday dinner for the GF and she brought it to my attention. Sounds like it could either be a potentially unique experience, or just an over-hyped culinary equivalent of glamping.
    Montani Semper Liberi

SLC Eats

Sorry to hear that about Facil, haven’t been there in a while but haven’t had any bad experiences.

Log Haven is spendy but worth it. It’s my lady’s favorite spot to go for special occasions. The coffee-rubbed elk steak is one of the better meals I’ve ever had. The service is much better than you’d get at any slightly less expensive place, and the atmosphere is really nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The wife and I hit up Cultivate in Draper a few weeks ago. I was pretty impressed. The food, ambiance, and service was all great. It's hard to believe it's loosely attached to The Cliff, it made that place seem like it was serving cat food.