Page 31 of 78 FirstFirst ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast

Thread: SLC Eats

On the east side? Nope. I haven't even seen that at Pho33, and they're the only "east" side place that offers tendons and tripe in their pho*. Might be an option at west side joints like Pho Bien Hoa and Asia Palace. While not Vietnamese, Mom's Kitchen (awesome, mucho autentico Taiwanese on State&22nd So.) has a killer pork belly dish.

* - I've talked to the owners of Saigon and Oh Mai about this (sidebar: personally, I think Oh Mai has gone downhill as they've expanded. Went to the Holladay location recently after going to Saigon exclusively for a long time and was disappointed. YMMV). They'd love to offer these options, but their customer base is too dominated by unadventurous crackers to make it worth it. Thankfully Saigon has their weekend specials for those who aren't eating there to add some variety to their usual routine of Wonderbread-and-mayo sandwiches and Cafe Rio.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    They'd love to offer these options, but their customer base is too dominated by unadventurous crackers to make it worth it.
    Good old Utah.
    Luckily, with Ogden being about 30% Latino, we have awesome, authentic, places to get menudo, buche, fresh chicharrone, etc. But where do people talk about getting "Mexican" food? El Matador (cheddar cheese everything) and Sonora Grill (overpriced, overcooked, undersalted).

But we don't really have a Vietnamese population. We have one place that I know of to get good Banh Mi and a couple of decent Pho places. Bun Cha is an awesome, smokey pork belly in a rich fish broth, usually served with rice noodles on the side to dip in.

Quote Originally Posted by happytimefunbox View Post
    Oh mai in draper has been our goto.
    Any further south and we will just continue on to little Vietnam in LA
    Stop with the Oh Mai...Saigon is SO, SO much better. FYI.
    you sketchy character, you

It’s probably been mentioned in here already, but Real Taqueria in Holladay is damn good. Their al pastor is as good as anywhere I’ve tried in the valley.

WVC aka halfway to reno

I can tell y’all something...
    Do NOT get the steak sandwich at 10:00 pm at the Hilton Garden (hotel) restaurant out by the airport.
    That is all.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

SLC Eats

Tosh’s Ramen on State St is LEGIT

Quote Originally Posted by altachic View Post
    Stop with the Oh Mai...Saigon is SO, SO much better. FYI.
    Duely noted.
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    Tosh’s Ramen on State St is LEGIT
    Love me some ramen. Big debate among my foodie friends is Tosh's versus Kobe I am on the Kobe wagon, in my tiny little mind Kobe is the superior ramen. Dont get me wrong I wouldnt ever turn down Tosh's ramen.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    Love me some ramen. Big debate among my foodie friends is Tosh's versus Kobe I am on the Kobe wagon, in my tiny little mind Kobe is the superior ramen. Dont get me wrong I wouldnt ever turn down Tosh's ramen.
    went to kobe about 3 weeks back, didn't LOVE the ramen (but still liked it a lot). tosh's for me, but gotta try yoko and the 2 "new" places right off trax downtown

Quote Originally Posted by jtran10 View Post
    went to kobe about 3 weeks back, didn't LOVE the ramen (but still liked it a lot). tosh's for me, but gotta try yoko and the 2 "new" places right off trax downtown
    Yoko is nice, not a fan of the Ramen Bar downtown. Tosh’s is my favorite in town so far.

Anyone been to Tuk Tuk’s thai in west valley yet? Coworker is raving about it, need to get there soon

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    Personally I’m on the Kobe wagon. Spent 14 years as a cook. Besides loving the Kobe ramen, the chef told me something that just makes so much sense. Kobe orders full fish, they make their broth with everything that’s not used in their sushi. That means awesomeness! I’m continually impressed at the SLC food scene. It used to take suck, nothing but unimaginative chain restaurants. But the immigrant population has left it’s mark. Moreover they’ve done it without catering to the Mormons. They just put THEIR food out there. I’ve lived in some of the most foodie cities in the world and I’m not complaining about what we have here. We’re as when i first moved here I was appalled

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    Anyone been to Tuk Tuk’s thai in west valley yet? Coworker is raving about it, need to get there soon

I’ve driven by it a few times. Friday West Valley lunch, noonish?

Can't today, got a work event that I need to duck out early for, so chained to the desk. Gotta get a car appointment on the books with ya too.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

For wvc Thai,. Thai issan is the place to beat. Hilarious 70 year old Thai couple serving up the goods! Next to reams on 4700s 2700w ghetto ass strip mall.

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

Let's get some next week.

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

Mall Walker poopoo-ed it somewhere in this thread, but I suggest revisiting Chile-Tepin on 200 S. Their parillada is phenomenal, with some of the better carnitas I've had in recent memory. Huge pile of food for $24, three of us could barely finish it.
    Montani Semper Liberi

I also poo-poo Chile Tepin.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    I also poo-poo Chile Tepin.
    After you eat there?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

went to Pago last night. think it was the best euro/american-style meal i've had in slc. everything was great

If you can look past the terrible name and that they literally serve avocado toast, Pulp Lifestyle Kitchen (9600 S State) is pretty great. Tasty, healthy food that isn't too hard on your wallet.

My mom is in town for Christmas and wanted to take us out for a nice dinner, so we went to Mint and went big. The tapas there are just crazy good. Absolutely delicious.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    My mom is in town for Christmas and wanted to take us out for a nice dinner, so we went to Mint and went big. The tapas there are just crazy good. Absolutely delicious.
    ^^ spot on. their tapas and sushi are legit.

Mi Quang is back at Saigon Sandwich today and tomorrow. Do it, seriously.