Page 43 of 78 FirstFirst ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 1948

Thread: SLC Eats

Quote Originally Posted by happytimefunbox View Post
    Not sure if mentioned already but House of Corn in Sandy has supergood tacos on house made totillas. Taco Tuesday is looking up.

Tried Brick's Corner Detroit style pizza. It was like pizza bread. Didnt do it for me. There resturant was pretty cool good beer selection.

Anywhere for good Chicago style?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    The menu at this brick's corner place looks pretty bomb. Did you try anything else besides the za?

Anyone know when the pretty bird on 2100 s is going to open?

Quote Originally Posted by jtran10 View Post
    Anyone know when the pretty bird on 2100 s is going to open?
    nope hahaha

I live right down the street and I check all the goddamn time. rip our budget when it finally does.

also, I know I've plugged them before, but One More Noodle House is out of this world. If you're feeling brave, their Lamb Scorpion (traditional Beijing lamb spine) and pork intestines are just to die for. Especially the lamb scorpion, my god. Melt in your mouth.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

had bricks a few weeks back. Very bready, but the pizzas were great, definitely what I would expect from watching a few shows on detroit style. Different, for sure, but good.
    We tried a salad too but it was a jerusalem salad and we overlooked that detail, paid $14 for chopped cucumbers, tomtatoes, onion, some arugual. underwhelming.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    had bricks a few weeks back. Very bready, but the pizzas were great, definitely what I would expect from watching a few shows on detroit style. Different, for sure, but good.
    We tried a salad too but it was a jerusalem salad and we overlooked that detail, paid $14 for chopped cucumbers, tomtatoes, onion, some arugual. underwhelming.
    nowhere in the world should a salad without any meat in it cost $14. Place should be ashamed.

Quote Originally Posted by jtran10 View Post
    The menu at this brick's corner place looks pretty bomb. Did you try anything else besides the za?
    Importance of cheese was awesome app. 4 hungry people so we got two pies, the sausage king and sweet salty pig. Good taste good ingredients its just the crust is thick. Flavorful, lots of air in it just not my teams thing. YMMV we didnt hate it. The handhelds maynbe our ticket

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    nope hahaha

I live right down the street and I check all the goddamn time. rip our budget when it finally does.

also, I know I've plugged them before, but One More Noodle House is out of this world. If you're feeling brave, their Lamb Scorpion (traditional Beijing lamb spine) and pork intestines are just to die for. Especially the lamb scorpion, my god. Melt in your mouth.

Yeah Im going to pretty Bird a ton once it opens.

Might check out One More Noodle House today or maybe next week, thanks!

they must have realized that was bunk or messed something up. not seeing that on the menu anymore.

Rumor is that we're getting a Pretty Bird here in O-town.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Rumor is that we're getting a Pretty Bird here in O-town.

ogden keeps taking away my excuses to not move up there, goddammit

Probably no secret here but speaking of Ogden, I hit Lucky Slice a few weeks back after a day of skiing on Ben L. That is some damn solid pie, I'd eat there on a very regular basis if I lived up that way.

Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post
    Probably no secret here but speaking of Ogden, I hit Lucky Slice a few weeks back after a day of skiing on Ben L. That is some damn solid pie, I'd eat there on a very regular basis if I lived up that way.
    anyone been to meathelmets new bar? Unspoken? Alleged "sister" bar. Looks really cool speakeasy style. Dudes got a great eye...and goes BIG....Maybe its meatdrink....i cant remember he hasnt posted here in some time.

Probably not a lot of people going to bars right now. At least not that I've heard of.

Probably not a lot of people going to bars right now. At least not that I've heard of.
    meh he's open, a mag, and it looks like a mellow/cool place. He seems to be following "the rules" whatever those may be in Utah now...It just recently opened so might be worth the locals at least trying to support, dudes done a lot for Ogden in general. couple bars, many many renovations of historic buildings, and runs the Ogden Twilight series. Pretty sick skier for those that remember his days posting more frequently too.

Would love to hear about the place.

I did check..its MeatDrink9.

yeah they have a food truck, or did anyway, that I would see sometimes. some of the better pizza in UT that I’ve had

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    Yeah Im going to pretty Bird a ton once it opens.

Might check out One More Noodle House today or maybe next week, thanks!
    Numbing beef or numbing ribs are amazing too

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Trefin View Post
    Numbing beef or numbing ribs are amazing too

Numbing beef with extra house noodles has been my order for a few years now. So tasty.

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    ogden keeps taking away my excuses to not move up there, goddammit
    I hope you didn't list your house yet as a result of my Pretty Bird comment. Found out today it's a Dirty Bird? Never heard of it but I see there is one in Provo if anyone has intel.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    meh he's open, a mag, and it looks like a mellow/cool place. He seems to be following "the rules" whatever those may be in Utah now...It just recently opened so might be worth the locals at least trying to support, dudes done a lot for Ogden in general. couple bars, many many renovations of historic buildings, and runs the Ogden Twilight series. Pretty sick skier for those that remember his days posting more frequently too.

Would love to hear about the place.

I did check..its MeatDrink9.
    Highly recommended.
    Hit Alleged on occasion but not Unspoken yet.
    The drinks not only taste amazing but they max out on the adult juice that Utah law allows.
    MD9 is quite the regular.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    Highly recommended.
    Hit Alleged on occasion but not Unspoken yet.
    The drinks not only taste amazing but they max out on the adult juice that Utah law allows.
    MD9 is quite the regular.
    Well he is the owner after all, but it appears he enjoys the party as well. I think all his work, and what he's done in ogden is great.

Glad to hear it lives up to the hype.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

Almost pulled the plug on Villagio when the wife told me the small Bronx Bomber I was about to order was $26. It wasn’t that small and was loaded with toppings. Pretty good pie, I’ll be back. I’m assuming the old grey haired guy dropping F bombs left and right is the owner? Gave it a very legit NY feel.

Yeah, He's the owner, Garukabars friend of ours has been chatting him up and finding out about all these other hole in the wall restaurants. I think quality may have dipped a bit after they got busy, as I feel is name of the game when the word gets out, hoping it levels back out, still one of the better pies in the valley. But, as I sit here in rural VT, the little place around the corer has pies that make Este and thin crust the Pie seem like amateur hour on the fast NY/East Coast style pies.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Can’t argue with ya there. The little no stop light, one gas station town I’m from back there has a little pizza place in an old post office that rivals just about any I’ve had.

Yeah, He's the owner, Garukabars friend of ours has been chatting him up and finding out about all these other hole in the wall restaurants. I think quality may have dipped a bit after they got busy, as I feel is name of the game when the word gets out, hoping it levels back out, still one of the better pies in the valley. But, as I sit here in rural VT, the little place around the corer has pies that make Este and thin crust the Pie seem like amateur hour on the fast NY/East Coast style pies.
    too bad you don't have caputos though

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    Coming back to the SLC here in a few weeks and need to take some clients out for dinner, and am jonesing for a great piece of beef. Who has the best steak now days? Harbor? Ruth Chris (even if its a chain)
    And no Skidog I am not making a side trip to Jersey
    Timbermine in Ogden or prairie schooner

I don’t go to SLC much

I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)