Page 19 of 78 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread: SLC Eats

Sounds like you are looking for a sports bar or a brewery, not unique food. You'll be fine at any of your own suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Pho 33 for pho. Also Saigon Sandwich (technically outside of Midvale but close)

There's an absolutely kick ass taco cart behind the 3 Alarm saloon.

India House

Chabaar is good Thai. Unless you are into super hot food, get spice level 1. I got 2 once and couldn't finish my dish, and I generally like things pretty spicy. Their scale goes to 10 and above 3 they make you sign a waiver
    You sold me. I’m gonna have to hit up Chabaar today.

Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post
    I've gone 3.5. Not sure I have any more in me.
    Damn, respect. A buddy went for 3 once and I wish I had video--face was beet-red, pouring sweat, nose running like crazy. First time we took my Dad there I talked him down from 3 to 2 and he thanked me later.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Pho 33 is bomb.
    Pho 33 is the only place on the east side I know of where you can get tendons and tripe. If you don't care about that Saigon is legit. If you want something outside of Pho/Bahn Mi/Bun go to Saigon on a Friday or Saturday. They run specials on those days that are on the more adventurous side of things. The Mi Quang is one of my favorite things ever. They rotate through a few different ones weekly, check their FB page for what's up that week.

Damn, respect. A buddy went for 3 once and I wish I had video--face was beet-red, pouring sweat, nose running like crazy. First time we took my Dad there I talked him down from 3 to 2 and he thanked me later.
    Dammit. Wish I'd known this a few days ago... went to Mango Thai (?) and ordered my curry "hot" and the lady warned me it was pretty hot, which it wasn't, really.

Best bar/resto combo in the area is Bar Named Sue on State St in my opinion. Great burgers and fries, free(?) bar games. I'd choose that over Union, but Union is fine if you can walk to it and want a "real bar". They have a ton of dart boards apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    Can't speak to the point after but the Union has decent bar food/sandwiches and reasonable beer prices. You'll be in my hood, if I'm free I'd meet up for a beer.
    I'm 78th south and State. Let's grab a beer sometime (gone the rest of the month in japow though)

Quote Originally Posted by jtran10 View Post
    I'm 78th south and State. Let's grab a beer sometime (gone the rest of the month in japow though)
    For sure! I'm around 88th and 7th so not far. And yeah, Bar named Sue is legit.

Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post
    I've gone 3.5. Not sure I have any more in me.
    You crazy!! I am with DTM 2 is my limit
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    You crazy!! I am with DTM 2 is my limit
    Mondays in the summer is known as spicy monday. A group of friends get together, ride bikes and try to out do each other eating hot food. That 3.5 at Chabaar had nothing on me trying to complete the hot wing challenge at Wing Coop. Tuesday mornings are usually pretty rough.

Good call on Chabaar, the food was really good. I played it safe with a 2. Any hotter than that and I’d be enduring the meal instead of enjoying it.

Quote Originally Posted by jtran10 View Post
    Best bar/resto combo in the area is Bar Named Sue on State St in my opinion. Great burgers and fries, free(?) bar games. I'd choose that over Union, but Union is fine if you can walk to it and want a "real bar". They have a ton of dart boards apparently.
    Ain't that within walking distance of your place? A bit of bias? Cool spot though.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

WWCD is online now Non Threating Male Friend
    Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    Another fantastic meal at Eva's last night. I've never had a bad meal there.
    I had a buddy take me here last week while visiting. She’s a vegetarian so we went that way.
    Didn’t miss out at all.

That place is fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by WWCD View Post
    I had a buddy take me here last week while visiting. She’s a vegetarian so we went that way.
    Didn’t miss out at all.

That place is fantastic.
    Never had a bad meal there either, glad you went. The steak bruschetta is amazing
    This job would be great if it weren't for the fucking customers

Quote Originally Posted by PWeb View Post
    Never had a bad meal there either, glad you went. The steak bruschetta is amazing
    yeah that is my favorite thing there. and third in never having a bad time. the $6 (last I checked) old rasputins are the high value prop craft beer option as well lol

Bar named sue>the union

Since yall are (kinda) in my hood checkout Puro Peru and Bumblebee BBQ. Different... ethnic.... good!

For brekky we like Brittans but just found The Landmark Grill in Midvale. It is fkna good! Highly recommended. Penny Anns Cafe in Draper is good if you can catch it without an hour wait. Oh and Serving Time Cafe at the jail. Cheap and greasy!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Quote Originally Posted by TheFugitive View Post
    Bar named sue>the union

Since yall are (kinda) in my hood checkout Puro Peru and Bumblebee BBQ. Different... ethnic.... good!

For brekky we like Brittans but just found The Landmark Grill in Midvale. It is fkna good! Highly recommended. Penny Anns Cafe in Draper is good if you can catch it without an hour wait. Oh and Serving Time Cafe at the jail. Cheap and greasy!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    the peruvian spot just mentioned is great....

20 pages and no debate on wings? I need to branch out from my usual Trolley but its just so good.. Where are the other go to's?

Quote Originally Posted by rwalk View Post
    20 pages and no debate on wings? I need to branch out from my usual Trolley but its just so good.. Where are the other go to's?
    according to my buddy who is a die hard wing addict, the wings at molly greens at brighton are “in his top 5 wings of all time” (and I thought they were dope too)

A semi plowed through Los Jilbertos in Wellington last night. Completely destroyed. They were open at the time but amazingly there were only a few minor injuries. Hope they are able to rebuild, they make killer food. Almost always stop there on the way home from Moab trips.

https://fox13now.com/2019/01/16/semi...on-restaurant/

A semi plowed through Los Jilbertos in Wellington last night. Completely destroyed. They were open at the time but amazingly there were only a few minor injuries. Hope they are able to rebuild, they make killer food. Almost always stop there on the way home from Moab trips.

https://fox13now.com/2019/01/16/semi...on-restaurant/
    Goddammit. I wish we had known - I remember driving by that joint about a week ago on teh way home fro SLC.

We ended up stopping at Jilbertitos in Glenwood, so we still got tasty Mex food.

Quote Originally Posted by rwalk View Post
    I like wing coop even more than trolley. They have pretty great classic style wings that are heavy on the sauce. The top 3 hottest sauces are legit hot. They also have killer deals on family style meals.

Any bbq place with smoked wings is usually solid (r&r, sugarhouse bbq, etc)

If fried chicken is your thing you have to hit up curry fried chicken, make sure you grab the samosas too.

Otherwise it’s just the usual chains.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Holy shit. Those pictures are unreal. Can't believe anyone survived that.

Chile karma I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    yeah that is my favorite thing there. and third in never having a bad time. the $6 (last I checked) old rasputins are the high value prop craft beer option as well lol
    It makes me happy to read this about Cafe Eva. The chef/owner is a friend, a legit skier, and a good person.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post
    It makes me happy to read this about Cafe Eva. The chef/owner is a friend, a legit skier, and a good person.
    I’ve been there maybe a dozen times, I love it. It makes me happy to hear it’s under good hands. Always a first recommendation for visitors, go-to with family visiting, etc

A semi plowed through Los Jilbertos in Wellington last night. Completely destroyed. ...
    Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Goddammit. I wish we had known - I remember driving by that joint about a week ago on teh way home fro SLC.

We ended up stopping at Jilbertitos in Glenwood, so we still got tasty Mex food.
    Now hold on a minute. If you had known the place was gonna get destroyed by a semi in a week you would've stopped to get food?

I personally might have warned the people but hey that's me.