Page 45 of 78 FirstFirst ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 1948

Thread: SLC Eats

I went to the new Roctaco on Edison for lunch today: nothing amazing in my opinion, but still interesting.
    I got:
    - Al Pastor on corn: too much corn poblano and pineapple mango salsa to get a feel if the al pastor was decent.
    - K-Pop on flour: kind of cool and i liked the overall flavor. weak short rib.
    - Amy Hates Fish on flour: okay fish (not a lot though), and a good sauce on top.

Mediocre meats so far with too much extra to hide it. I did like the scratch tortillas they had. I'd eat lunch here, but only because it's a 1/2 block from my place.

Still give it a try, though. Some people might like this which I wouldn't strongly disagree with.

Menu again: https://www.instagram.com/p/CLer3V6ByEi/

Quote Originally Posted by Tiktaalik View Post
    I went to the new Roctaco on Edison for lunch today: nothing amazing in my opinion, but still interesting.
    I got:
    - Al Pastor on corn: too much corn poblano and pineapple mango salsa to get a feel if the al pastor was decent.
    - K-Pop on flour: kind of cool and i liked the overall flavor. weak short rib.
    - Amy Hates Fish on flour: okay fish (not a lot though), and a good sauce on top.

Mediocre meats so far with too much extra to hide it. I did like the scratch tortillas they had. I'd eat lunch here, but only because it's a 1/2 block from my place.

Still give it a try, though. Some people might like this which I wouldn't strongly disagree with.

Menu again: https://www.instagram.com/p/CLer3V6ByEi/
    Sad to hear about an al pastor that isn't mostly meat.
    The Mexican choices are one thing I miss about slc. I do have one great spot, but it's just one, the other local choices (that many rave about) suck ass. Funny too cause it's mostly farmland and in summers migrant workers, but I guess the work so hard they aren't eating out.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

satch_bagger, my pick for an outdoor "bar" is TF brewing on 9th s, 3(?) w. tons of outdoor seating and some firepits. they have a full bar if beer isn't your thing.

if you are taking someone on a date and want nice cocktails water witch as like 2 outside tables, which is perfect to avoid people completely besides your waiter. eat at nohm or laziz from there.

9th and 9th east liberty taphouse has a nice patio and overpriced drinks.

downtown core there's a couple bars that have patios on their roofs or whatever, but not sure A. if they're open and B. what they're like..I don't do downtown proper very much.

Quote Originally Posted by jtran10 View Post
    satch_bagger, my pick for an outdoor "bar" is TF brewing on 9th s, 3(?) w. tons of outdoor seating and some firepits. they have a full bar if beer isn't your thing.

if you are taking someone on a date and want nice cocktails water witch as like 2 outside tables, which is perfect to avoid people completely besides your waiter. eat at nohm or laziz from there.

9th and 9th east liberty taphouse has a nice patio and overpriced drinks.

downtown core there's a couple bars that have patios on their roofs or whatever, but not sure A. if they're open and B. what they're like..I don't do downtown proper very much.
    Thanks!

Cucina in the Avenues has very solid patio dining, a great menu and an extensive wine list (and some tasty beers if wine isnt your thing). Plus my buddy Dean is the owner and is as solid of a guy as they come. Not sure how much of the patio is open yet, but worth checking out.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

FTR i don't know if the restaurants are serving outside right now so maybe call ahead...probably goes for anywhere if you 100% plan on eating outside

two fantastic reccs from last week -

1. Meet Fresh - Chinatown, state street (3400ish south). Absolutely amazing Taiwanese style desserts - one thing that makes Taiwanese desserts different is that they are often served hot and they combine traditionally savory flavors with sweet flavors; a good example is red bean soup (yes, that's a dessert). Really delicious. Their shaved ice bowls, while expensive, are just amazing. Mind blowing. Best dessert I've had in SLC - it's like the dessert equivalent of a buddha bowl, with an amazing combination of various puddings, jellies, ice creams, shaved ice, sweetened milk, almond paste, and taro desserts bites.
    2. Morty's Cafe. Not nearly as pretentious, but a serious contender for best fries in SLC. Great burgers too. Tons of vegetarian options (3 different patties - tofu, portabello, or beyond meat). Can't upload pictures now but I will later.

Kimchi burger/Philly cheese steak burger and fries from Morty's

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

prettybird sugarhouse is open now. and has chicken tenders

SLC Eats

TENDIES

i am on my way

eta:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8523.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	1.59 MB 
ID:	367502

legitty two titty
    Last edited by mall walker; 03-15-2021 at 02:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    TENDIES

i am on my way

eta:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8523.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	1.59 MB 
ID:	367502

legitty two titty
    YUM

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    two fantastic reccs from last week -

1. Meet Fresh - Chinatown, state street (3400ish south). Absolutely amazing Taiwanese style desserts - one thing that makes Taiwanese desserts different is that they are often served hot and they combine traditionally savory flavors with sweet flavors; a good example is red bean soup (yes, that's a dessert). Really delicious. Their shaved ice bowls, while expensive, are just amazing. Mind blowing. Best dessert I've had in SLC - it's like the dessert equivalent of a buddha bowl, with an amazing combination of various puddings, jellies, ice creams, shaved ice, sweetened milk, almond paste, and taro desserts bites.
    2. Morty's Cafe. Not nearly as pretentious, but a serious contender for best fries in SLC. Great burgers too. Tons of vegetarian options (3 different patties - tofu, portabello, or beyond meat). Can't upload pictures now but I will later.
    Thanks for the recs. Will give them a try.

quick search for Pho Tai resulting with many old threads. Any recommendations?

idk how mall walker beat me to this, but these tendies are legit. their new honey sauce is amazing, too.

Quote Originally Posted by CG_#3 View Post
    quick search for Pho Tai resulting with many old threads. Any recommendations?
    Pho Cali is the place you want

haha. they still remember me at PB from my days of 2x/week

I want some pb tendies yo!

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    Pho Cali is the place you want

Where are you located? Or just best in town?
    Pho Cali, Asia Palace 1 or 2, Pho Tay Ho, Little Saigon, all good. Cali has been talked about a lot as best in the valley, need to revisit this.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Pho 33

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Pho 33

Thanks for the Pho suggestions. I had been going to Pho Saigon Noodle House 2 at 49th and State. They have a pretty big menu. In the past, I usually get the Banh Cuon Thit Nuong as appetizer, and some kind of noodle soup.

switching gears...how about gyro and baklava? All my past local favorites since have closed up shop. I can search on yelp et al, but it's more interesting to hear the opinions here. Planning for places to go eat when this C-19 more more under control.

Street Tacos? Back in the days, my go to truck as at the Sears parking lot (State and 8th?). Last year+ before the Covid, I went to all three of them there, plus another one farther south. All were not so good to me.

Any recommendations for truck tacos from recent experiences?

Any of the Pho places have a good Bun Cha?

Quote Originally Posted by CG_#3 View Post
    Street Tacos? Back in the days, my go to truck as at the Sears parking lot (State and 8th?). Last year+ before the Covid, I went to all three of them there, plus another one farther south. All were not so good to me.

Any recommendations for truck tacos from recent experiences?
    Tacos Don Rafa FTW still in the same old sears lot on the corner of 8th and state...

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

My fav taco truck is the one in the sportman's warehouse parking lot on 7200 S near I 15

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Any of the Pho places have a good Bun Cha?
    Saigon Sandwich sometimes has it as one of their rotating weekend specials. Keep an eye on their social mediaz. It's good, though I haven't tried other places to compare. Speaking of Saigon weekend specials, the Mi Quang is a must-try, especially if eating in. It's still good as takeout but definitely best fresh from the kitchen.