Page 36 of 78 FirstFirst ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... LastLast

Thread: SLC Eats

Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    I can’t remember who turned me on to it, many pages ago, but the friday-only brisket sandwich at liberty fresh market is the jam too, on the good sandwich subject.

what’s everyone’s go to for indian?
    I like Everest in Murray.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    yeah, that is crazy. everyone knows the best pizza comes from the cultural mecca of northern new jersey.
    Fortunately, I've never been to NJ.

Hoping to keep that streak alive...

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    I like Everest in Murray.
    I liked royal india in sandy. Bombay was good too. Either location from memory. I do miss close indian. Not much close in my new hood.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    Yes! And their bagels are amazing. Crunchy on the outside, soft on the inside. they sell out quick in the mornings and you can only do 3 or 4 to go.

doesn't hold a candle to the bolivian salt flats.
    Meh. I get my salt from the western flats of Korea. You can't even read anything on the bag.

For serious. My only go to salt.

Actually had really good Indian in SLC. Can't remember the name but it was a split level up towards the hill. Would eat again.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

I am a big fan of the Saffron Valley restaurants. I may be a little biased because Lavanya is good friend. But I highly recommend the Avenues location. I haven’t been to Sugarhouse yet but I have heard good things.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

SLC Eats

I think maybe at this point I should apologize for getting the thread going again.

Nah.

There's a pretty cool new Mexican place in Sandy, House of Corn. 100% scratch made corn tortillas. Tried a couple of the battleship tacos and the carnitas tonight and really liked it. I'll be back for sure, they have some daily specials that look great. Their website is pretty sparse so click the yelp link for food and menu pics.

https://www.houseofcornmc.com/
    https://m.yelp.com/biz/house-of-corn-sandy

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    There's a pretty cool new Mexican place in Sandy, House of Corn. 100% scratch made corn tortillas. Tried a couple of the battleship tacos and the carnitas tonight and really liked it. I'll be back for sure, they have some daily specials that look great. Their website is pretty sparse so click the yelp link for food and menu pics.

Nice! Where's Sandy?

Anyone have advice on how to eat Indian/Nepalese food without getting slightly paralyzed afterwards? I can barely move or even fit a beer in my stomach now. Himalaya Kitchen is so good but I'm coma'd out every time.

Smaller portions is not a valid answer btw.

lol, I had a normal individual portion of chicken makhani (which is an entire pint togo container) around 2pm and I still wanna die

Those pictures have my mouth watering. And they are just down the road! Gonna have to give it a try.

Nice! Where's Sandy?
    It's about halfway to Vegas.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    Those pictures have my mouth watering. And they are just down the road! Gonna have to give it a try.
    It's so close to my house it's silly. It's pretty cheap so I'm going to try to go regularly. This isn't exactly an ideal time to open a restaurant so hopefully they make it.

It's about halfway to Vegas.

It's so close to my house it's silly. It's pretty cheap so I'm going to try to go regularly. This isn't exactly an ideal time to open a restaurant so hopefully they make it.
    I think its where Skippers was? That place had a pretty good fish n chips when it opened but last time I was there in 2019 BC it had gone to shit.

Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Nomad East a few nights ago, first time dining in since March, patio, felt very safe. Burgers are top notch, good beer selection.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    Nomad East a few nights ago, first time dining in since March, patio, felt very safe. Burgers are top notch, good beer selection.
    that’s good to know, I’ve been wondering about that place since we ate at one0eight next door (another spacious and nice patio)... hafta check that out

Man what is going to happen to all these restaurants when it's too cold to dine out?

Man what is going to happen to all these restaurants when it's too cold to dine out?
    The tasty Lebanese place by my house is getting busier and busier every time I go and it's 90% from Grubhub & other online order/delivery services. They set up a separate station for the pickups as it was interfering too much with people coming to dine on the patio (which is pretty damn nice even though it's on 5600S).

I think the places that are already established and are embracing the delivery model will be fine. Would have to be a newcomer business though.

Went to Ozora Izakaya last week (1-2 months old in sugarhouse). Was "just ok". Tons of options and full cocktail menu with a shaded outdoor patio, but not great yakitori/kushikatsu. Big positive is they have okonomiyaki, which I think may be the first instance of a restaurant selling that in SLC.

Nohm much better, and only marginally more expensive, for your yakitori fix. Plus, nohm's sushi is boooommmmb.

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    The tasty Lebanese place by my house is getting busier and busier every time I go and it's 90% from Grubhub & other online order/delivery services. They set up a separate station for the pickups as it was interfering too much with people coming to dine on the patio (which is pretty damn nice even though it's on 5600S).

I think the places that are already established and are embracing the delivery model will be fine. Would have to be a newcomer business though.
    I’ve seen that place and always mean to go there but haven’t yet made it. How is it?

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    I’ve seen that place and always mean to go there but haven’t yet made it. How is it?
    Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    I like it. Not fancy by any means, definitely a restaurant version of the Lebanese food carts I used to stuff my face with when I lived in France. Great appetizers, I usually stuff myself with babaganoush and stuffed vine leaves then go on their main dish. The garnish is shite, generic rice and veggies that look fresh out of the microwave but the kabobs and other meat-dishes are legit. Their meat pies are also really good.
    It helps that it's within walking distance of the house and satisfies my pseudo junk-food habit.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

had perhaps the worst carnitas burrito of my life on saturday from the downtown betos. ate 1/3 of it, threw the rest out

Quote Originally Posted by jtran10 View Post
    had perhaps the worst carnitas burrito of my life on saturday from the downtown betos. ate 1/3 of it, threw the rest out
    such a bummer don't fuck up a burrito man....
    Weekend work squad got shitty breakfast burritos from there now we goto Albertos on 5thS and 3rdW and it is is a muy bueno (on the betoa scale). It's clean and had a couple nice looken chicas worken so bonus points for that

Sent from a van down by the river
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

If we are talking chain Mexican food, Gualbertos has ridiculously large and cheap breakfast burritos. State and roughly 2200 South.

Both of those are $$$. Bean and cheese burrito smothered in the orange stuff from Albertos was my go-to hangover meal for a decade. The burrito was really just a hot sauce delivery vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Both of those are $$$. Bean and cheese burrito smothered in the orange stuff from Albertos was my go-to hangover meal for a decade. The burrito was really just a hot sauce delivery vehicle.
    red and green sauce though, not just one of them.

also their mini chili relleno burrito is to die for.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Texano burrito at the Rancheritos on State and 3400ish. Sure they may have had a few code violations recently, something about a cook pissing in a kitchen drain, but that burrito is the size of my thigh and oh so heavenly...
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise