Page 39 of 78 FirstFirst ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... LastLast

Thread: SLC Eats

Naw in the last two months it went from “15 minutes my man” to “1hour!” On a Friday night. They are selling out constantly so I think the word is out. I heard about it from an east coaster and a 2nd one verified. I went and was instantly convinced after one bite(everybody knows the rules). Definitely go, I’ve only got pepperoni, buff chix, and chix parm pizzas, but I want to check out their sandwiches and the Sicilian pies.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    Naw in the last two months it went from “15 minutes my man” to “1hour!” On a Friday night. They are selling out constantly so I think the word is out. I heard about it from an east coaster and a 2nd one verified. I went and was instantly convinced after one bite(everybody knows the rules). Definitely go, I’ve only got pepperoni, buff chix, and chix parm pizzas, but I want to check out their sandwiches and the Sicilian pies.

Wait. You consider buff chix real pizza? That’s fucking worse than deep dish. On par with chix ranch pizza. But I’m pumped to try this place for real pizza with a lite tomato sauce.

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    Wait. You consider buff chix real pizza? That’s fucking worse than deep dish. On par with chix ranch pizza. But I’m pumped to try this place for real pizza with a lite tomato sauce.
    I hope you realize the irony of arguing about real pizza in a SLC eats thread. You could fly some good shit in and they would still want jello on it.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    I hope you realize the irony of arguing about real pizza in a SLC eats thread. You could fly some good shit in and they would still want jello on it.
    paging skidog to the white courtesy phone!

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

SLC Eats

just re: slc breweries. I think I’ve said before, my favorite place is fisher. the vibe is great, all their beers are pretty solid, they’ve had a thoughtful and responsible approach to doing business during covid. steve skis, and he rocks 196 hojis with dukes which is a badass setup. tim runs in the foothills, I see him there all the time. absolutely the most neighborhood loyalty kinda spot in town, and I do like most of their pale ales and saisons.

that said, level crossing has my favorite beers right now. In The Pines might be the best supermarket strength thing around right now (also Proper’s Yacht Rock whatever it’s called is awesome too). the last few special releases have been great.

I’m also a big fan of red rock, but as a brewery/restaurant combo (and I love desert edge the same), there’s a lot of good choices. kiitos makes great beer but every time I have been there (at least 20 times) it’s a wildly frustrating experience so I’m lukewarm on them.

squatters current bier and pumpkin ale are both great too. Grid City is ok, Bewildered is ok. room to grow.

SLC Eats

Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    just re: slc breweries.
    I agree with a lot of this. In the Pines is the best beer in grocery stores right now, as long as it’s fresh (which such a big problem in Utah). No argument with Yacht Rock as second place either, and I’m not really a big fan of most Proper beers - anything flavored is always overpowering.

Bewilder seems promising. I think it often takes a couple years for a brewery to settle in, can’t judge them right away.

I used to think Fisher was just a cool place to hang out and I always appreciated the rotating taps, but I thought they had a great summer and I like their beer more now too.

I’m not that crazy about Level Crossing’s standard beers, but I really liked the Black Album. They’re still new too, so it’s definitely a good start.

TF, Shades, SaltFire and Kiitos all do some great beers. Same with 2 Row and Epic, but it seems like they’ve both fallen behind a bit - Epic feels most like a Colorado brewery now, and 2 Row needs a bar/tasting room (also, to be fair, it’s a longer drive for me to their shop and I haven’t been to a bar since March, so I just haven’t had any lately).

Utah breweries have improved a lot even in just the last year or two.
    Last edited by frosted flakes; 10-25-2020 at 07:45 PM.

SLC Eats

I’ve been grabbing a few TF crowlers for my last couple camping trips. Fresh and drinkable for after pm rides. I dig their special release stuff but don’t always have time to seek out.
    Kiitos always seem to be solid. Still enjoy epics Baptist series especially for the winter.
    Need to try more fisher.

Heber valley has had some fantastic releases and their kolsch is quite good.

"If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

y'all dont tell me about how good the pizza in Utah is and I wont tell you about Blower Pow days @ Mohawk or Hunter.

Deal?

Heber valley has had some fantastic releases and their kolsch is quite good.
    I’m kinda dying to check this place out actually

SLC Eats

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    y'all dont tell me about how good the pizza in Utah is and I wont tell you about Blower Pow days @ Mohawk or Hunter.

Deal?
    nobody’s telling you shit

swinging into the I95 corridor thread to tell them to please stop talking about wearing sunglasses as it is much sunnier where I live

Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    I’m kinda dying to check this place out actually
    I would time it around a high point release if you can. The full strength IPA's they released have all been very good. I'm no expert, but the pale, Wet Fly, and other IPA's (5%) have all been quite good. Cool little space, friend lives up there and it's turned into his go to when his CO supply is running low and he can't make it down valley.

I would time it around a high point release if you can. The full strength IPA's they released have all been very good. I'm no expert, but the pale, Wet Fly, and other IPA's (5%) have all been quite good. Cool little space, friend lives up there and it's turned into his go to when his CO supply is running low and he can't make it down valley.
    Gonna have to give it a try. Sounds like a good excuse to hit the Provo for a bit, now that there is some snow on the ground.

Never heard of villagios. I go to big apple a lot, and I love their pizza. I was in there eating one time pre covid and there was two big fat dudes with east coast accents talking about who had the best pizza in Utah, and they were arguing between big apple, or nypd (old pizza joint that used to be where billy blanco's is on the way to pc.). I'll have to try villagio.

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Shut the fuck up Makers. Christ you are the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post

Deal?
    Woodsy, you are a likeable guy. So: For one, I hope you do tell me how great Hunter pow days are because i love to hear great things from place that aren't the greatest. And yes we are going to talk about the greatest pizza in SLC in the SLC eats thread. This thread is about the best food in SLC . So, no deal. No one hear is saying it's better than anywhere else.

lol thank you

Regulate muted!

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

Since we are making East coasters mad, I may as well throw in Vito’s in Bountiful for some killer Philly’s. He’s only open for lunch but worth a stop if you’re in the area.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    Shut the fuck up Makers. Christ you are the worst.

Woodsy, you are a likeable guy. So: For one, I hope you do tell me how great Hunter pow days are because i love to hear great things from place that aren't the greatest. And yes we are going to talk about the greatest pizza in SLC in the SLC eats thread. This thread is about the best food in SLC . So, no deal. No one hear is saying it's better than anywhere else.
    powned

Sent from a van down by the river
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    And yes we are going to talk about the greatest pizza in SLC in the SLC eats thread. This thread is about the best food in SLC . So, no deal. No one hear is saying it's better than anywhere else.
    in SLC, the best way to fight this off is to just nut punch anyone you see folding a pizza slice before eating it. these are inevitably the pricks that are going to bitch about the one thing that is better about their childhood home than the place they have moved to (or are visiting).

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
    nut punch anyone you see folding a pizza slice before eating it
    Shit. I do that. As a matter of convenience and because I'm a slob constantly dropping food on myself. Not to signal that I've had better pizza elsewhere and I think SLC pizza is inferior to some-other-place-I've-lived pizza.
    Please spare my nuts.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
    in SLC, the best way to fight this off is to just nut punch anyone you see folding a pizza slice before eating it. these are inevitably the pricks that are going to bitch about the one thing that is better about their childhood home than the place they have moved to (or are visiting).
    I never was a folder, even growing up in NJ...those last few bites were always such a mess. Gets sauce and shit all over the crust too which is like my favorite part.

La Case De Tamal, which i recommended earlier, moved out of the cool Mexican market, went farther west, and is going a bit upscale with a decent sit down restaurant. Yeah, outside looks like a strip mall dentist building but the inside is fine. not that I'm ordering anything but pickup, but support these guys: https://www.lacasadeltamalutah.com/

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4981.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	1.31 MB 
ID:	347809

Today was Birra taco, Mole Poblano tamale, Rojo de Puerco tamale Oaxaqueños style, and Tostada Ceviche Pulpo soup, the bowl with avocado. (They separated it from the tostado so it wouldn't get soggy then forgot the tostado. next time I'm asking to just assemble it, it'll be fine.)

I have little idea what most dishes are on their menu, and figuring it all out is kinda fun. Next time I want breakfast I'll get this:

Guajolotes Estillo Hidalgo
    A torta with green enchiladas and a fried egg.

/drool

Oh damn.

eta: Looked at the address, that's halfway to Wendover!