Page 7 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: SLC Eats

Quote Originally Posted by SirHeady View Post
    Thought Moochies has been pretty dank the 3-4 times I've visited, albiet Post Guy Fieri.

Wish we could get a Bojangles, Cookout, and Whataburger
    I can't believe I would see someone from SLC posting a request for more large fast food chains.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by mbillie1 View Post

I feel this way about The Busy Bee... an old boss recommended it, then we ate there and my wife got food poisoning. mentioned this to that boss and he goes "oh yeah, I forgot to say, you gotta ask Deano to use the fresh mayo"
    My first job was at the Reams across the street.

I’ve had food poisoning from both the Bee and the Philadelphian.

Man. Used to go to the Philly like twice a week in high school. Maybe that exposure is where I’ve gotten my iron stomach.

The Philly is pretty gross looking for sure. Foods tasty but risk is high.

Makers brings a good point. We need more independent eateries, not chains.

Speaking of kinda sketch restaurants that are good. Chinese. What I'd call "east coast style", as it's how I grew up knowing Chinese food in the NY metro area. State Street and like 1300 Little World Chinese. My usual tipoff to good Chinese is the clientele I see eating there when I go. It's mostly Asians and they have an authentic Chinese menu, separate from the main menu, for those Asian clients (you can order there too if you can read Chinese). It's kinda dirty, I rarely eat there. Mostly takeout. Foods always been tasty, and I personally have never gotten sick, but they have been closed from time to time due to health code violations. The ones I've read have typically centered around stuff like noodles in laundry baskets, not sharp enough can openers, but haven't read a ton of unsafe food handling.

I imagine going to China and getting some street foods would have less healthy environs. I know id still eat at a lot of em, so...

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app

Shaka brah ^ always down for some good East Coast Style Chinese. Always on the lookout for spots that taste like the old country

SLC Eats

Shaka brah ^ always down for some good East Coast Style Chinese. Always on the lookout for spots that taste like the old country
    you gotta go to Feldman’s then, for real. not Chinese but east coast as fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by ElfOnTheShelf View Post
    Park Cafe and Finns are both better brunch spots than Blue Plate IMO. Over the Counter as well.
    But Blue Plate is still around and still solid, though I haven't been in a couple months.

Jinya today ftw. The sweet potato fries with honey is a winner.

You know the Mexican food is legit when the beer spelling in the menu is like this...
    sigless.

It's one of those places where you see the whole kitchen. Few tables. Usually someone snapping green beans at one of the corner tables. You know the type. Might look a bit ecoli-ish it's #delish

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    You know the Mexican food is legit when the beer spelling in the menu is like this...
    lmfao

If you're comfortable with the feeling of playing E. coli roulette, The Philadelphian has a better sandwich than moochies. I also love the brats at The Beer Bar downtown.
    As a food professional I'm absolutely shocked that this place is still in open. Went there once with some friends after a round of golf and I refused to eat there. I've never seen a more disgusting restaurant. And I've traveled in many third world countries that lack refrigeration. I haven't ate a bite of McDonalds since the 90's and would eat the shit out of that crap if forced to choose between the 2.

Quote Originally Posted by mbillie1 View Post
    lmfao
    Me too. $4.50 for a tecate and $10 for a shot. You have to be fucking kidding me.

Quote Originally Posted by sgsbet86 View Post
    As a food professional I'm absolutely shocked that this place is still in open. Went there once with some friends after a round of golf and I refused to eat there. I've never seen a more disgusting restaurant. And I've traveled in many third world countries that lack refrigeration. I haven't ate a bite of McDonalds since the 90's and would eat the shit out of that crap if forced to choose between the 2.
    Just had philidelphian last night. They cleaned up they place a bit. No explosive poo. Its always packed. The fries are good.

Just dont read about the health code violations there...

https://public.cdpehs.com/UTEnvPbl/I...TablePage.aspx
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Me too. $4.50 for a tecate and $10 for a shot. You have to be fucking kidding me.
    anywhere where the alcohol prices end in anything but ".00" or ".50" can go fuck itself too

Whole Foods sugarhouse makes the best slice of ZA in Utah. Solid crunch , great ingredients , nice flop

6.7/10

Whole Foods sugarhouse makes the best slice of ZA in Utah. Solid crunch , great ingredients , nice flop

6.7/10
    Hmmm from where on the east did you come? This sounds like a blasphemous post to me

Georgia , but my gf lives in Manhattan and grew up in Long Island. I’ve had a lot of incredible pizza in the city , big league pizza snob. I’m not saying you should listen to me but I eat a lot of pizza during the 15 or so times I’m in NYC per annum

6.7/10
    I looked at the shit they call pizza there once and almost had to take a picture to capture how laughable the whole experience was ...

until I could not even look further at it even through a camera.

Stick to GA things.

I go to big apple pizza on 33rd. Este is decent but gives both myself and my wife the shits. Pizza nono is good too, but a little trendy. (or a lot trendy)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app
    sigless.

I’m not saying you should listen to me but I eat a lot of pizza during the 15 or so times I’m in NYC per annum
    Ok i won't.

Maxwell's would be good if they didn't insist on making their pizzas so damn giant. It's too hard to get an even bake at that size.

Este is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    Pizza nono is good too, but a little trendy. (or a lot trendy)
    yeah that place is good but not really a by-the-slice joint

if you like/tolerate este check out sicilia on 300s, I think it's probably better

the pie is alright if you tell them LIGHT CHEESE or else it'll just be a breadbowl cheese soup

Update : went back to sugarhouse Whole Foods after shredding Alta and got 3 more slices

BBQ chicken white pizza

Pesto

Classic Slice of Pep

I stand by my assertion that it’s the best pizza in salt lake ... wash It down with a Topo Chico- magnificent

I think it’s bc they aren’t afraid to skimp on ingredients I.e. Marzano tomatoes , not the cheapest tomato strain, but unequivocally the best for pizza

I like the pie. The combo is yum. In high school we used to go there and order soda, and hover by people who were not going to finish their pizza, and swoop in and eat. Classy I know.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app
    sigless.