Page 55 of 78 FirstFirst ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 1948

Thread: SLC Eats

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    After all these years I finally got to Red Iguana. It was good but not quite getting the hype. Best thing was probably the mole sampler but they put them all on the same plate and they got all blended together after a couple chips got dragged through them.
    Red Iguana has either gotten a bit worse than it used to be, or my expectations have gone up. Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by jtran10 View Post
    Red Iguana has either gotten a bit worse than it used to be, or my expectations have gone up. Agreed.
    Thirded. Hate to say it.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Fourtheded.

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    I think Finn's is good, but I would see your Finn's and raise you Penny Ann's breakfast nachos, or the home fries at OTC....
    Anything at Penny Ann's with a side of hotcakes. Food coma incoming.

No shame in it, I've said the same before here. Great food with excellent mole but based on the hype and long lines I was expecting something a step above a standard good mexican place - although the mole is perfect.

I always get the same thing at Red iguana. Puntas de filete al norteno and IMO it’s an absolutely perfect meal. If you’re not ordering something with mole it’s like going to a steak joint and ordering tofu.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    I always get the same thing at Red iguana. Puntas de filete al norteno and IMO it’s an absolutely perfect meal. If you’re not ordering something with mole it’s like going to a steak joint and ordering tofu.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    This exactly! I dont even need a menu, I am getting the Puntas and I am substituting mole poblano. The rest.. I cant speak of, although my theory is that the Red Iguana hasn't gotten worse, its just the food scene has improved so much in Salt Lake that several others have risen to their level of excellence.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    although my theory is that the Red Iguana hasn't gotten worse, its just the food scene has improved so much in Salt Lake that several others have risen to their level of excellence.
    This is probably spot on.

No love for the Conchinita Pibil, though? It's been several years now but that was always legit IMO.

I don't think anyone has raised their level of excellence to red Iguana's mole but if they have PLEASE let me know where. As for the rest of their menu, it's good mexican food you could get across the country for decades, not recently and not just in SLC.

That said, the lines are so long I can't eat there regularly to be a red Iguana expert.

Yep, my go-to at red iguana is the puntas de filete, but i sub in the spicy yellow mole. Yum.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using TGR Forums mobile app
    sigless.

Never been there. Tried a few times over a decade ago. Lines were always long. It’s Mexican food. Lots of other places to enjoy.
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    Never been there. Tried a few times over a decade ago. Lines were always long. It’s Mexican food. Lots of other places to enjoy.
    Not for mole there isn’t. Which is unfortunate.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    <snip>
    No love for the Conchinita Pibil, though? It's been several years now but that was always legit IMO.
    Now you're speakin' my language... Mmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Not for mole there isn’t. Which is unfortunate.
    Seems like an opportunity for another joint.
    Healthy competition.
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

One thing I'm sure we can all agree on is that red iguana's mole doesnt hold a candle to the mole in jersey

for real though see my recommendation about Lola. If you want epic ingredient-driven "new" mexican cuisine like you would actually find in cities that are not salt lake GO HERE. Ideally dining in, not taking out.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    Anything at Penny Ann's with a side of hotcakes. Food coma incoming.
    That’s normally what I’m trying to avoid. Haha. OTC hungover is a close second, but they were always closed New Year’s Day which knocks them down a bit in my eyes.

for real though see my recommendation about Lola. If you want epic ingredient-driven "new" mexican cuisine like you would actually find in cities that are not salt lake GO HERE. Ideally dining in, not taking out.
    Hmm what’s the SLC eating-in scene like these days? Are we waiting in lines to get into places and are places crowded?

Quote Originally Posted by jmedslc View Post
    Hmm what’s the SLC eating-in scene like these days? Are we waiting in lines to get into places and are places crowded?
    We went at 5pm, wasn't crowded

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

One more(hehe) recommendation for One More Noodle House. Lady had braised pork noodle and I had oil tossed noodle add braised pork. So good
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1643.JPG 
Views:	85 
Size:	136.8 KB 
ID:	406713

"If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    One more(hehe) recommendation for One More Noodle House. Lady had braised pork noodle and I had oil tossed noodle add braised pork. So good
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1643.JPG 
Views:	85 
Size:	136.8 KB 
ID:	406713

Like a top 5 restaurant for me in SLC. Lamb scorpion or spicy numbing beef with extra noodles are my go-tos. The sandwiches are amazing for how inexpensive they are, too.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Had House of Corn for the first time months on Friday which was far too long. Scratch made tortillas with heirloom corn are the bomb. I could order nothing but a stack of tortillas and be perfectly happy.

Got a new job and went out to celebrate. MakanMakan is still crazy good. Amazing food, nothing else like it around.

Hell yeah, I just perused the menu. I’ll go out there the weekend of the 11-13th, anyone wanna join?

https://makanmakansandy.com/menu
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

I could be down for sure. If you still have my number hit me up when you're here.