Page 4 of 78 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: SLC Eats

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    I hardly travel down to the valley to eat, but when I do, I go to one of the following:
    1) Italian: Valter's $$$$
    2) Sushi: Takashi $$$$
    3) Greek: Aristo's $$
    4) BBQ: Pat's BBQ $
    5: Chinese: New Golden Dragon $

Also, when driving home from LCC, I go to Wing Coop $
    I thought valters was OK. Not incredibly impressed. Good, not great. Staff was great though.

R and R bbq is pretty dang good.
    Copper Onion was amazingly good n spendy.
    Japan Sage Market has the best ramen and super cheap.
    The Grove Deli for lunch sammies but get there early or late cause its busy.
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    Thanks. The menu looks good. It is right near Maier's Meat Processing? Don't get to S. Jordan much, but I do go to Maier's to get elk Tucker.
    I know there is one in Sandy area but I've only been down to the one on 6s 3w downtown. Occasionally they have single deep fried ribs, the wings are fantastic. I've never had a mediocre piece of meat there.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFugitive View Post
    R and R bbq is pretty dang good.
    Copper Onion was amazingly good n spendy.
    Japan Sage Market has the best ramen and super cheap.
    The Grove Deli for lunch sammies but get there early or late cause its busy.

Grove is great, HUGE sammies, but I'd rather go to Este just down the block on the corner of 17s and Main, they are doing a lot of great donation work and I think have the best Italian in town. Also, the chicken cutlet and (house made) slaw is awesome.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Takashi is definitely the best sushi I've had in UT, but if you are staying near BCC/LCC and don't want deal to with going downtown Tsunami is pretty legit.

I haven't been to Del Mar al Lago in a while. Are they still doing good ceviche and pisco spurs?

"Tickles" always sketches me out as a name lol. There's a strip joint somewhere called "Pinkies" that I find similarly unsettling.

I dig Spedelli's on 3300S too, newer place. Kinda hipster I guess but decent + cheap.

So I haven't been following this thread. In the Guilty Pleasures Dept. I always enjoys Guy Fieri's show. On this episode he's at the Blue Plate Diner in SLC, place looks awesome is it? Is it even still there?

Ah didn't know that was on tv. Yeah it's still there. Not a bad spot. Didn't blow me away or anything but I'd go back.

Apparently they smoke their own salmon out back so try that if you do go.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    So I haven't been following this thread. In the Guilty Pleasures Dept. I always enjoys Guy Fieri's show. On this episode he's at the Blue Plate Diner in SLC, place looks awesome is it? Is it even still there?
    It's probably top ten brunch spots, but I never felt like I HAD to go there. Plenty of other places that are just as good and less of a scene.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Apparently they smoke their own salmon out back so try that if you do go.
    The salmon eggs bene is my go-to. The Blue Plate is a great diner for breakfast. No Worries Cafe and Ruth's Diner are both similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post
    I haven't been to Del Mar al Lago in a while. Are they still doing good ceviche and pisco spurs?
    we went ~ 1 year ago now and it was still quite good on the civeche front.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    Snyder brothers with a Y, Beltex Meats, or Harmons. I've cooked steaks for a few guys nights and they have always come from Harmons and been really nice.
    And as always, cast iron+broil beats grill IMO.

To go along with the bump, some new places to check out:
    Trestle Tavern
    Spitz (fantastic)
    Este Deli
    Mom's Kitchen
    We ended up at Harmons and we were very happy with the meat we purchased and the selection.
    Pricing was much less than expected
    All we spend was $185 and $48 of that was 4 Steaks
    Glad I did not go the Whole in your pockets Foods.
    Harmans rocks
    Thanks again Phall
    riser4 - Ignore me! Please!

Kenny Satch - With pleasure

Name:  15421015_1815677205316865_7172653245720518994_n.jpg
Views: 2733
Size:  110.7 KBAnother really good lunch place in Murray is called the Laid Back Poke Shack. Everything is fresh and they usually sell out before dinner
    Last edited by schindlerpiste; 03-05-2017 at 09:16 AM.

Went to a spot in Taylorsville on redwood Rd. Siragusas. Great Italian. Great service. Good atmosphere. Good prices. Old school homestyle italian.
    Last edited by Skidog; 03-05-2017 at 04:33 PM.

Nuan's Thai Kitchen, east of Lone Star. Bomb diggity. Apps & desserts are good as well (curry puff & banana dessert).

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Went to a spot in Taylorsville on redwood Rd. Siragusas. Great Italian. Great service. Good atmosphere. Good prices. Old school homestyle italian.
    Place is delicious. We used them to cater a work event recently and they killed it.
    Not far from there to the south is mokis, yummy Hawaiian, and over on 2700w and 4700s next to reams in the strip mall is the best Thai food in Utah, at Thai issan.
    My office is out that way, and the food in wvc is way better than all the trendy crap on the east side of town.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app
    sigless.

SLC Eats

gonna have to check out thai issan, thanks for mentioning. thai chili on state st in a dingy market is pretty bomb imo, spicy af and not at all hip.

on the trendy downtown side, bolt cutter in gallivan is new and awesome if you can deal w/vegetarian. cheap and very good.

also anyone been to noor in wvc? they do a stand at refugee fest every year and just kill it

For Thai I like Mekong cafe on state. I think it's around 7800ish. It's near the new moochies (which sucks now IMHO).

Mokis is great been many times.

Glad to see another tip of the hat to siragusas. Good Italian.

Also try pho 33 on state and 7400ish. Good Vietnamese.

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app

Dro, I have mixed feelings about that place coming into Sugarhouse. Este really needs to get their shit together and figure out what they want out of that space. From The OG Annex, which was great, to the new Annex (implosion of staff), to Black Sheep (Overpriced and absolute shit service). I was very happy when I went in a month ago and they said they were just focusing on beers and sandwiches/soups like downtown. Literally a week later they were closed and had the sign up for the Italian. I will definitely give it a shot but it feels like there is too much of a presence in that area of Italian/Pizza. It sounds like the placeis great, but entre's are approaching $30.00!
    Here is what exists in the greater sugarhouse area for italian/pizza. Seems a bit much to me:
    SLpizza/pasta
    Fiddlers has pizza
    mellow mushroom
    wasatch has pizza
    Flatbread pizza
    Este Pizza
    Per Noi
    Nuch's
    Michelangelo's

I just want a really good quality bar/brewery experience with great food, focusing on beer and pairings, but its probably too much to ask as it seems the Epic guys can't seem to run a restaurant.

pho thin is my favorite spot in SH... god damn that place rules

The Kathmandu on highland is awesome. Nepali/Indian food. My mom lived in both Nepal and India and generally hates going out for this type of food as she thinks most restaurants do a horrible job. She demands to go to the Kathmandu every time she's in town. Everything I've ever got here was great, and it's the only Indian restaurant in SLC that can deliver on really spicy food. Nuan's is great and cheap, no beer sucks. I would pay for it if red iguana allowed reservations, waiting forever really keeps me from going there more often. I like cafe madrid but it's mainly nostalgic as I lived in Spain, realistically food is just above average. Lucky 13 has great burgers at good prices. Siragusas is pretty good, although I have a hard time paying for Italian as it's so easy to cook. Pat's BBQ I'd solid. Shahrazad Market is good middle eastern food and is way off beaten path. Jinya ramen house is a new place that's pretty good. Red rock is definitely best slc brewery for food and beer IMO. If you can figure out the real Chinese menu, Szechuan garden in sandy is a real suprise, their American Chinese is just ok. Lots of good food in PC if you have the bucks. All and all the food scene in slc has improved greatly in the 15 years I've lived here. I used to feel it was a gastronomic black hole, but it gets better every year. BTW I've been a kitchen worker for a while.

Stream of consciousness much?
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    Dro, I have mixed feelings about that place coming into Sugarhouse. Este really needs to get their shit together and figure out what they want out of that space. From The OG Annex, which was great, to the new Annex (implosion of staff), to Black Sheep (Overpriced and absolute shit service). I was very happy when I went in a month ago and they said they were just focusing on beers and sandwiches/soups like downtown. Literally a week later they were closed and had the sign up for the Italian. I will definitely give it a shot but it feels like there is too much of a presence in that area of Italian/Pizza. It sounds like the placeis great, but entre's are approaching $30.00!
    Here is what exists in the greater sugarhouse area for italian/pizza. Seems a bit much to me:
    SLpizza/pasta
    Fiddlers has pizza
    mellow mushroom
    wasatch has pizza
    Flatbread pizza
    Este Pizza
    Per Noi
    Nuch's
    Michelangelo's

I just want a really good quality bar/brewery experience with great food, focusing on beer and pairings, but its probably too much to ask as it seems the Epic guys can't seem to run a restaurant.
    Forgot.stoneground but that may be out of your "greater" sugarhood area.

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app