Page 48 of 78 FirstFirst ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 1948

Thread: SLC Eats

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Heh. If it's great by SLC standards does that make it a Sandy 11? I suppose that's fair. It's been a long time since I ate at Takashi and we're too old and lame to go downtown these days. I think the food is more unique and interesting than Tsunami, and I like the atmosphere and setting a lot more.

lol. takashi is unequivocally great. was really nice doing that as curbside last year. I don't know if they're doing that anymore, but if they are it's not a bad way to go.

Slc eatery, Table X, HSL are closed Monday unfortunately

Even my less than discerning parents are tired of Market Street— way too many business dinners and lady-dentist lunches I’m sure.

Takashi is my gold standard for sushi. Mint looks great for I don’t want to drive and park downtown vibes

I looked at Harbor but all the plates online look a bit of a mess. Are the flavors $$$ ?

Current and Log Haven are current frontrunners

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    Slc eatery, Table X, HSL are closed Monday unfortunately

Even my less than discerning parents are tired of Market Street— way too many business dinners and lady-dentist lunches I’m sure.

Takashi is my gold standard for sushi. Mint looks great for I don’t want to drive and park downtown vibes

I looked at Harbor but all the plates online look a bit of a mess. Are the flavors $$$ ?

Current and Log Haven are current frontrunners
    We did a special event dinner with one of the former exec chefs of current a few weeks ago and his food was amazing. I'd assume the current chef (no pun intended) is pretty high level. Wouldn't hesitate going there.

Quote Originally Posted by jtran10 View Post
    We did a special event dinner with one of the former exec chefs of current a few weeks ago and his food was amazing. I'd assume the current chef (no pun intended) is pretty high level. Wouldn't hesitate going there.
    yeah honestly if you care about food, Current hands down. if you care about ambience, Log Haven.

if it were my anniversary i wouldn't flinch - Current is the move.

tgapp was that you with the log haven TR a while back where they didn't have a good beer list? loved that review

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    skidog we <3 you

but that did make me laugh real good
    Hey I laughed too.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by jtran10 View Post
    tgapp was that you with the log haven TR a while back where they didn't have a good beer list? loved that review
    Yeah shitty beer list and even worse cocktails.

I got roasted alive for not drinking wine. Boissal called me uncultured swine, threatened to burn down my house, told me that I should stick to McDonald's

that was the gist of it anyway

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

I got roasted alive for not drinking wine. Boissal called me uncultured swine, threatened to burn down my house, told me that I should stick to McDonald's
    Forgivable considering his provenance.

yeah honestly if you care about food, Current hands down. if you care about ambience, Log Haven.

if it were my anniversary i wouldn't flinch - Current is the move.
    I'd go to Log Haven. being outside in the canyon near a waterfall is memorable while you eat. Especially if the parents aren't huge foodies.

Shit, I may book my anniversary dinner in a couple weeks there now I think about it.

wow ok

I get it, the hype is real

Just chiming in to say that we just had a superb meal at the Vietnamese joint La Cai. Understaffed, but they kicked ass given how busy it was. Hadn’t been in a few years, glad they survived Covid so far.
    Last edited by rideit; 07-31-2021 at 08:12 PM.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Checkout Tiburon in Sandy. Sister restaurant is hoof and vine. My goto steak place is... wait for it... steak pit at snowbird.

Steak pit steaks are actually really good. But the sides and salads there are so bad it’s really unbelievable. It would be so easy to improve those simple things I’m just baffled that they haven’t done it. But I also haven’t ate there in a decade

"boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Just chiming in to say that we just had a superb meal at the Vietnamese joint La Cai. Understaffed, but they kicked ass given how busy it was. Hadn’t been in a few years, glad they survived Covid so far.
    Ah la Cai, that place has been good forever. Went there about 18mos ago for the first time in like 10 years and wondered what took me so long. Now 18mo later, I'm wondering the same thing again. Thanks for the reminder.

We frequently get take out from Shanghai cafe on 1300s and just east of state. Place is yummy, better than indochine for less $$$.

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

Good Tip! I'll put that on the list. Mi Lindo in the same plaza is great too. RIP the old Vegan place that used to be there back in ~2012/2013? Food was good.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Feldmans Deli Sloppy Joe.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Sumac Cafe in cottonwood heights was really really good

Quote Originally Posted by happytimefunbox View Post
    Feldmans Deli Sloppy Joe.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Damn...that actually looks legit. Fledmans was always pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Damn...that actually looks legit. Fledmans was always pretty good.

Isn’t this where you are supposed to tell everyone to go to Jersey?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    Isn’t this where you are supposed to tell everyone to go to Jersey?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    this is where we learn that his account has been hacked, this is imposter skidog now

scroll up a few pages back to where skidog shits on me for saying Feldman's was tasty

this is where we learn that his account has been hacked, this is imposter skidog now

scroll up a few pages back to where skidog shits on me for saying Feldman's was tasty

I still don't think it compares to North east, but like I said it LOOKS good..I didn't eat it...

Seriously though the food there is good, but Grove market was the win for sandwiches.

The Grove is ok of you want your sandwich to be the size of a football. But feldmans is hands down better.

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    The Grove is ok of you want your sandwich to be the size of a football. But feldmans is hands down better.
    Yeah ngl Skidog just lost all his credibility on food by suggesting that Grove is better than Feldman's. Grove is good for buying one meal and eating it for three, but that's about it.

Yeah ngl Skidog just lost all his credibility on food by suggesting that Grove is better than Feldman's. Grove is good for buying one meal and eating it for three, but that's about it.
    THAT’S how he lost credibility?!