Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My golf cart accident

Wow...slow motion, yet couldn't react fast enough.

Playing in a 3-some, I'm alone in the cart, following slightly behind the other guys, heading to the 4th tee. The path is paved, heading downhill, with a turn to the right. I'm NOT going fast (but obviously fast enough). My rear tire hits a rock (inside corner) as I'm breaking for the turn, the cart's rear end looses traction and slides wide due to sand on the path. Quickly I'm sideways, and the tires grab, and the cart is tipping over, on top of me - FUCK. It's slow enough that I'm not thrown far enough to get my body pinched under the cover, but my outstretched arm (which I used to brace my fall) is pinched by the top on my upper bicep. FUCK....I'm trapped. I'm looking at my coffee cup on the ground, leaking. Looking behind me...and there's a flow of gasoline heading toward me. FUCK.....can't move my arm. Lift harder...and my get my arm free. Get up...walk through were the windshield would be and lift the cart up. Gather my shit that fell out, sit down, and step on the gas....it's flooded? 10-15 more seconds of this and it finally engages...and I drive away. My buddies saw the look on my face and knew something was up. "We thought you stayed on the green, putting." Found band-aids in my bag and put a couple on my elbow, and moved my bag to the passenger side. I'm shaking a bit...but managed to hit the fairway on my drive. I bogeyed the first 3 holes before my fuck-up...and shot even the next 6.

The weird part was that I wasn't driving fast. (I've certainly done dumber shit on a cart).

Anybody else?

Over a steep embankment, ass-over-teakettle, drunk, 16, pitch dark. (not me driving). All 3 of us thrown clear but that thing did about 10 flips until it vanished into the creekbed. RUN!!! okay, LIMP FAST!!!

edit: Upon reflection, probably 3 flips. Maybe only 2 and a bit. It seemed like a lot though at the time though.
    Last edited by iceman; 08-10-2013 at 03:36 PM.

no golf cart but jumped a 3 wheeled grounds crew Cushman over a sand trap while hauling ass down hill. brakes went out heading to the shop at end of day. this was in front of the whole crew and boss, finally got it slowed enough running up the side of the dam for the lake.

boss was laughing so hard he could not even chew me out. good 17' jump since we had to go out an measure it.

This thread will have legs.

Drove one into the pond at Jackson Muni on a wet day. Despite being wet, we were allowed to drive the fairways. Hit speed going down a hill, hit the brake, started sliding, you get the idea. They were really cool about it.

Turned one over as well years and years ago. Similar story to yours, only I was being an asshole. Took the regulator off and hit a corner too quickly.

yet more good reasons to walk when golfing.

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    yet more good reasons to walk when golfing.
    yes.

I was 12 in Iowa somewhere, fucking flew a cart full speed into some bunkers and flipped it.
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

www.sccarts.ca

these guys make some cool carts
    We, the RATBAGGERS, formally axcept our duty is to trigger avalaches on all skiers ...

At an annual memorial tournament for my grandfather... there has been multiple incidents.

These golf carts, instead of how most are with a manual parking brake, have an automatic electric one that engages when you hit the brakes a certain amount. Introduce steep embankment and dew on the grass and these fuckers engage (i.e. full lock up on rear tires) and people start sliding down the hill. It's not a problem until you suddenly hit the cart path 15 feet below and regain traction.

Thankfully for me, both times it happened to me we did a full 180 and just did a little wheelie (going backwards) when we hit the path. Unfortunately for cousin/uncle they hit sideways and flopped. Only bumps and bruises thankfully.

A while back a buddy and I had a few (too many)...he thought it would be funny to aim the cart at me and drive...I thought it would be funny to just stand there.

After I woke up, both of us agreed that neither of us was very funny.
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

not an accident, but managed to start/steal one from the college physical plant at 3am and took it to the Wawa. Got caught by the cops.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

spook Guest
    i will be lucky not to roll one and i know that.

at least you weren't texting

many people don't consider the possible consequences of texting while driving a golf cart

I worked in a golf shop for almost 10 years............never.........sober..........or high.
    A woman reported to police at 6:30 p.m. that she was being "smart-mouthed."

In Napa, going downhill full speed. I'm 220 LBS, guy riding with me is maybe 130 soaking wet. 4th bloody Mary in hand, cigars lit, and we make the first hairpin no problem. The second hairpin, we flip through the split rail fence, destroy the curb and skid to a stop on our side. My buddy was piled on top of me, and I kept my Shit and only had my wrist under a small piece of curb.

We get up and start freaking out about battery acid leaking and get the cart righted. By now our other two came back as we're getting our things. When the Marshall shows up, we remember our cigars are somewhere in the dry grassy hillside. They're found in a pile of smoking leaves before we burned the whole place down.

Somehow we drove away

--------------------------------------
    my phone is better than yours.
    Last edited by DJSapp; 08-10-2013 at 09:07 PM.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

I was playing 18 at Kung Meadows and my the acceleration pedel got stuck and the cart ran away from like 26 miles. I just stood up on my heels and stared.

That's all I got.
    Gimme five, I'm still alive!
    Ain't no luck, I learned to duck!

Good buddy is driving his cart with forearm through the yoke of the steering wheel. Front left tire collides with front left tire of an oncoming cart. Steering wheel proceeds to turn my buddies forearm into a horror show. Compound fracture with bones sticking out all over the place. Round over.

Not me but a couple buddies snagged one at a wedding for a quick before matrimony round and went out rallying it around, drinking, golfing etc . I can't recall if they crashed it first and then thought that driving it into the lake was a good idea or if they just drove it into the lake.

Some golf carts now have GPS. Just a heads up.

shouldn't this go in a " 1st world problem " thread?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by hawkgt View Post
    no golf cart but jumped a 3 wheeled grounds crew Cushman over a sand trap while hauling ass down hill. brakes went out heading to the shop at end of day. this was in front of the whole crew and boss, finally got it slowed enough running up the side of the dam for the lake.

boss was laughing so hard he could not even chew me out. good 17' jump since we had to go out an measure it.
    Fucking Cushmans. I've had the brakes go out on me while I was hauling a load of sand down a hill. I kept it together and got it turned uphill, but those things are deathtraps on a hilly course.
    Last edited by zartagen; 08-09-2022 at 08:29 AM.

Holding a bachelor party at a golf course is a bad idea.

Cart jousting.

I worked at a private course high school. The head pro (who was a bit of a knob) was setting off a bomb for a tournament shotgun start. He lit the bomb fuse, dropped it in the tube, and scampered off behind a tree. Except he fucked up and dropped the 4" diameter bomb down the 6" diameter tube. It jumped a 3 feet out of the pipe(instead of the expected 40ft), bounced twice and rolled under his golf cart. The bomb exploded. Then the golf cart did. Burned down a half-acre of grass/shrubbery/fairway and three trees before the fire department arrived to put out the blaze.

Melted parts of what was left of the carcass were hung in the caddie yard for the rest of the summer.

Worked as a production assistant for the opening ceremonies of the 199? Women's World Cup at Giants stadium... carrying sandwiches to kids in the back of a golf cart going full speed down the d spiral ramps, realized that half the sandwiches had flown off the cart
    HTML Code:
    https://youtu.be/hhVylFtE2YE

A girl I went to h.s. with's mom killed a woman with a golf cart (accidentally)

when I was in the 5th grade we built a ramp for my friend's (well his parents I guess) cart. landing the sweet jump meant you were pointed downhill and headed into the bayou if you didn't get that thing turned around in a hurry. I have no idea how we managed to a) not get anyone seriously hurt or b) put that cart in the water.

I pooped in the 18th hole